Blimey, getting started again is hard work ...

Well done for resisting, juju! I'm on day three and struggling. Not so much with the packs, but more with negative thoughts. I've really started to "hear" my critical parent and she's driving me nuts today. Trying to be kind to myself and take it gently.

Done lots of tidying/organising etc all weekend, which is a great benefit of being on packs. Makes me realise how often I use food/tea breaks as a procrastination tool!

I know, I've got tons done today .... so much of my old life was spent thinking and obsessing about food! What is the critical parent saying?

She says things like 'you're rubbish. You're so lazy. You should have got up earlier. You should have done more prep work for the week ahead. I can't believe how much you've let things slide. No wonder you regained weight, you've never managed to keep it off in the past. Your hair is a mess. Your muffin top is back. Don't you realise you look like mutton in the new clothes you've bought? And who are you, thinking you can hold down a big job and be a decent mother and wife anyway? Look at the state of your house!'

And on and on and on. Yadda yadda yadda.

Aaaargh!

She sounds vile! Give her a slap, you are fab and an inspiration by what you've done! Life is too short to listen to her .... keep going and do what makes you happy xx

Thanks, juju! Just becoming more aware of her is helping. It's not easy, but then if it was easy then I wouldn't be here in the first place!! Generally getting back to feeling positive though. Day 5 done. Hurrah! How are you getting on?

Back