Bloated Feeling!

flutter-by-us

Silver Member
Hi I'm a Newbie (been lurking a while as you do!) and this is by far the friendliest and most helpful forum I've read! :kissass:
I'm almost 2 weeks into Dukan and as scales were broken I don't know how much I've lost, when I stepped on the new ones yesterday I was pretty upset with what they said (heaviest ever!) so maybe I was even heavier before or I've not lost much can't say for sure....... Will keep going.

Anyway today I have a very bloated tummy it's huge akin to 6 months preggers (I'm not!) and slight cramp / stitch like pain. Yesterday was a PV day but I ate nothing unusual (oat bran porridge, sardines and salad then chicken curry) and drank plenty even did 60 lengths at the pool.

I am at the end of my TOTM but wouldn't have though that would have made too much difference?

Has anyone else experienced this bloating and pain, any thoughts as to where I've gone wrong maybe???

Thank You!!

Could be constipation hun....if you're in cruise already you should try and include 1tbsp of wheat bran per day to keep things "regular"

if you're already including wheat bran in your porridge/gallette/muffins etc....

then perhaps try some senna tablets...most supermarkets stock generic versions of these quite cheaply...

also peppermint tea can help with bloating if it's due to totm of any IBS type symptoms...

hope this helps x

p.s. regards the scales...if you've been following the diet closely there's no way you could've gained weight...so I'd presume maybe you had a little more to lose than you thought :).... maybe you've noticed other weightloss indicators?....looser clothing or better fitting?...

good luck hun...and welcome to the board :)

Awwww thanks Sarah for the lovely welcome and advice. Am eating my oatbran etc maybe just one of those days! Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel less bloated ......
Have had a good PP day may repeat tomorrow just to give my body a chance and see what happens.
Def think I weighed more than I though (and more than ever :() so no excuses now just have to get on with it - the only way is down!

Thanks
xx

welcome. As Sarah says constipation! plus im always bloated after pv days!

Hi no I don't use wheat bran just the oat bran (is wheat bran optional?) and it does help though I've bought some senna just in case! Am still bloated despite 2 days on PP (and no cheating) though not sure I'm eating enough it's amazing how not hungry I feel but trying to keep drinking in the hope it'll clear out my system if you know what I mean....

Will be disappointed if this continues though :(

it's the wheatbran that keeps you regular - not the oatbran (though this could help - not sure).... you need to include 1 tablespoon of wheatbran to help you move things along before you resort to the senna :)

Definitely include wheat bran if you feel bloated and drink lots of water, even just mix it in with a yogurt makes a substantial pud, wheat bran is good for this diet

Thanks folks I'll add the wheatbran I guess to the oatbran porridge or gallete or to yoghurt - will that help my weight loss though (have posted also regarding slow / non existent weight loss / weight gain!

Yes am regular but slow regular (ie maybe 2 or 3 times/wk max) but never been this bloated before, ever before when I scoffed carbs :eek:

xx

PP days are notorious for constipating us - which is another reason not to linger unduly on the attack phase, as some so love to do ;)...

Back