blown it big time :(

Jeep

Otherwise known as Jools
What a waste of a week - I have blown it big time this weekend and completely fallen off the wagon. It started on Friday when I was at my uncle's funeral - the spread there was lovely and it was too difficult to resist. It was bad enough having my stomach rumble during the service - so when it came to the wake I thought that I'd be good and try to resist but failed miserably. I ate some chicken, cheese and chocolate dipped strawberries. It was a weird day as old friends kept coming up saying how well and slim I was looking specially as I had not seen many of them for years but I ruined it by eating.

Then on Saturday night had a bit of a strong disagreement with a close friend that drove me to food as well. :(

Its started a weekend of eating and now I feel quite sick with myself for failing.

I didn't have my head in quite the right space for the last couple of weeks and seriously think its time for a break but I am in two minds as this has been the most successful diet I have ever been on. I know that I will have put on loads of weight and dont want to go to weigh in tomorrow.

The only really good thing that happened this weekend was I booked my holiday for October and I really would like to be slim and fit for that, and its thoughts of that holiday that make me want to be on the LT train but at the same time I have the thoughts of whats the point if I cannot do it right :(

Sorry for the long post but I hope that it will help to refocus. Going to look at pics of the hotel for holiday and see if that will inspire and get my mojo back :)

Hi Hun,
I have so been there this weekend!!! I started on the 4th of jan too and was on this diet in 2008 for nine weeks. Last night, I was nearly crying with wanting to eat as all I could think of was an indian.

Dont beat yourself up over it. I know it feels so depressing and that the lovely food wasnt worth it now. Just start again!!

What you have to think is "I know that im just going to eat this food as I always have, when I feel down or tired or emotional etc etc " but does it cure anything???. You just feel 10 times worse. The next time you feel like eating something think to yourself " This is only a period of time and i will be able to eat healthy food at the end of this and stay slim". I will be able to wear shorts in the summer without flab hanging out and I will be able to feel proud, feminine and glamourous wearing trendy clothes if i get invited to any function or event etc!!

Its absolute torture at times but its so worth it not only for your appearance but also for your health!

Listen to me raving on!!!:). Ill probably be next for the chopping block the way i feel today. Just start again hun and dont look back. Look forward now!!;)

aw sorry to hear youve had a bad weekend :( but like you say about your holiday... you want to be slim for it, so pick yourself up and start over tommorow, dont give up.... imagine if you give up then when your holiday comes round no doubt youll be thinking "oh if only id of stuck to LT id be feeling so much better in myself right now" one weekend of eating does throw you off track yes, and it also wastes your weeks worth of money, but take it positively and let it make you stronger and more determined, if you want to be slim more than you want to eat, then you will do it :) good luck hun x

jools,
please dont give up you have done soooooooo well in the past.put this matter behind you now and just focus on your holiday in october.losing someone is always difficult and it will take time for the pain to disappear but think of the good times and hopefully you will feel better soon.sending you hugs.

Sorry to hear you went on a binge mrs..

As you say your head isnt in the right place..

I think you should take a week or two out.. strictly following the refeed menu and see how you get on.. and hopefully bring your head back around to it...

By cutting out all the unhealthy food and replacing it with healthy food and smaller portions you will hopefully realise that you dont need that other naughty food and will be able to get back into the swing of lipotrim xxxx

Hi Jools

Oh dear,
My heart shed a little tear for you there. Good 'ol food 'ay? Always there for us, comforting us, making us feel 'good', satisfied...loved. So much easier than reaching out to real folk to help out.
That is why I love this forum...we are ALL in the same boat, all understanding.
Stay with us hon...the journey is SO worth it...and maybe along the way we can understand more why we eat under duress etc. etc. ;)

Oh dear,
My heart shed a little tear for you there. Good 'ol food 'ay? Always there for us, comforting us, making us feel 'good', satisfied...loved. So much easier than reaching out to real folk to help out.
That is why I love this forum...we are ALL in the same boat, all understanding.
Stay with us hon...the journey is SO worth it...and maybe along the way we can understand more why we eat under duress etc. etc. ;)
+1:D

Hi Jools,
You have done so well up to now, don't let this blip ruin everything. Go to weigh in and start again. You can do it. Chin up girl. BTW I need to practice what I preach!!
Maro

Thanks guys - I love this forum people are sooo understanding :)

I shall keep on with this diet as I so want to be slimmer.

I am just so annoyed with myself for letting it go - fair enough on friday I should have resisted, but even giving in then I should have and could have dealt with just the one day of eating but for some reason it seemed to be a catalyst to open up and eat almost non stop from then.

I am more annoyed with the fact that I just cannot seem to stop myself from eating and that fact has made me even more angry at myself. I feel a fool - I feel like I have wasted all that time and effort. The 10lbs I lost last week has probably all gone back on :(

but

like people say - put it behind me, move on, whats done is done and nothing can change that now I can only change the future and I want a slimmer future. I keep saying to myself its only for a few more weeks and then I can eat when I join WW as I cannot stay on LT for long (got a holiday to pay for).

I will do this
I can do this
I will be slimmer
I will be fitter
I will be on that beach on holiday in a bikini (god help us lol)

dontwanttobesocurvygirl ive literally just done the same and i am angry but ive been so good so far. and i had a cry and now im over it and more determined now to get there.you can do it we all can..x

hey, you have done so well, dont undo your hard work, you can still recover and get back on track. dont feel bad about it, just accept it has happened and move on. if you are going to take a break do your best to stick to small healthy meals until u get your head in the right place xoxoxo

Thanks guys - I love this forum people are sooo understanding :)

I shall keep on with this diet as I so want to be slimmer.

I am just so annoyed with myself for letting it go - fair enough on friday I should have resisted, but even giving in then I should have and could have dealt with just the one day of eating but for some reason it seemed to be a catalyst to open up and eat almost non stop from then.

I am more annoyed with the fact that I just cannot seem to stop myself from eating and that fact has made me even more angry at myself. I feel a fool - I feel like I have wasted all that time and effort. The 10lbs I lost last week has probably all gone back on :(

but

like people say - put it behind me, move on, whats done is done and nothing can change that now I can only change the future and I want a slimmer future. I keep saying to myself its only for a few more weeks and then I can eat when I join WW as I cannot stay on LT for long (got a holiday to pay for).

I will do this
I can do this
I will be slimmer
I will be fitter
I will be on that beach on holiday in a bikini (god help us lol)

Jools, my sweetie...you have answered your own question! You know this is only for a few weeks then you are going onto WW, so dont lose heart now! How many of us has lost the amount you have!!!! It is amazing, you are amazing and you have been so strong.

You are not a failure; maybe your body is just getting to the point that it wants food, but you now have to learn to eat healthily and stop the binging where it cannot stop!

I have mixed feelings; as I know you want to get slimmer, but come on Jools, you have lost an amazing amount so far and if you are now finding LT a bit too hard to get your head around it, why jeopordise that!! If learning to eat healthily and coming off Lt, then so be it. I also know that if you stick with it for a few weeks you will see more weight off than you would care to think! I certainly dont think you have put on 10lb in a weekend and if you have, it will be mostly water and it will be your glycogen levels filling, it wont be fat that is for sure!

If it is WW you are going to in a few weeks time, then spend the next few weeks getting as much weight off as possible and then learn to enjoy food and not see it as the enemy.

Dont forget these photos as well, I am sure seeing exactly how much you have lost will give you the inspiration you need as well!

Take care and I do hope you forget what has happened and move on!

Hey Jools

Firstly of all so sorry to hear about your uncle passing, it's always a sad time and it's not a surprise that your resolve weakened, been there done that, as you well know ~.^

During the 5 weeks between my dad dying and getting back on LT on Wednesday I attempted to start LT every single day. Some days I stuck to it, other days I didn't, the important thing for me was not to give up hope.

Whether you get back on the LT bandwagon right away, or tomorrow, or the next day, don't be hard on yourself. First of all think of the science behind what's happening in your body, you eat the carbs, you get out of ketosis, your appetite comes back... those are just the facts, so don't beat yourself up about eating and being unable to stop for a few days.

Secondly, don't forget about those 77lbs you've already lost. Ok, so you wasted a week, it's no biggie in the grand scheme of things. Sure, you'll have to wait one more week to get to goal but you'll still get there in the end and that's all that's important.

I'm so happy to hear you have booked a holiday, what wonderful motivation to keep up the diet, whether it be LT or WW's or whatever, if your weight is going down that's the main thing.

My advice to you would be do what feels right at the time. If you feel you need a break, take it, if you feel you can't waste more time, get cracking on LT right away, if you feel you can't do LT anymore, move to another plan. Regardless of what you decide you are NOT a failure, you are human, like the rest of us, and these things happen.

You did the right thing posting here hon, go get weighed and face up to the damage, then decide where you want to go from there. Whatever you decide to do you know we'll be here to support you.

Oh, and don't ever lose sight of the 35 bags of sugar you've lost so far ~.^ You are amazing and I have every confidence that you shall find your motivation and willpower and get back on track with your weighloss before long.

*hugs* ^.^

Well i can't beat the posts already here for advice and support but i wanted to say don't forget we are only human girl and we ALL make mistakes. It's how we handle them that counts and you seem to be back on track now, just keep thinking of that holiday!!

Hi Jools
Everyone's right - look forward not back. Try to remember how eating has made you feel though. The next few days will be tough as you get back into ketosis, but you will make it. You know that feeling confident on that holiday is worth so much more than a couple of sausage rolls.

New week starting. New determination.

Lots of luck

Jon
xx

Jools, I am sorry that you felt so badly. I can't add to what everyone has posted. You have done so very well on lt and have had a plan in mind all along of going so far and then switching to ww. You have struggled since xmas and perhaps you just hav not gotten back into the swing of it.
Do nothing rash. Have your weigh in and chat with the pharmacist. Consider strongly hanging in there for another month. You can do it, you have just had a wobble. lots of hugs.

So sorry to hear you've had a bad weekend,don't be sad that you've eaten. Turn it round and don't make yourself feel guilty. Food has us in a vicious cycle,and that includes eating and feeling bad. Rejoice in the fact that you got to taste some nice food again and move forward,and either carry on Lt or change the diet. Hope you're ok xxx

Thanks all - this place is truly amazing. The support from like minded people really does help. Special thanks to Cookeh :D you did so well during your sad time that it makes me feel a little ashamed but then again I truly dont know the amount damage I will have done until later this afternoon.

Everyone is correct of course - its about moving on and forgetting the blip and as such this morning I have woken up with more determination to do this diet and lose at least another stone before switching to WW. I know I can do this - my loss before Xmas was amazing, its only food and it will still be there in a few months time.

I will do this - I can do this - and it will be done :)

That's the optimism and hope you need for yourself Jools!!!!!!! One more stone and then you can learn to eat healthily for the rest of your life :)

Really pleased that you have got up and are more positive.

Let us know how you get on at WI,,we are all behind you!

Back