Blue is my favourite colour..... Lexies journey

Thats brilliant - well done.. I couldn't manage without carbs - I am OK in the summer but this weather, I think it would send me over the edge lol x

I did about four weeks before Christmas & it was ok, first few days I missed it but then I got used to it. And once I got in to ketosis I wasn't hungry & it just worked for me. Haven't missed bread since I stopped eating it on Thursday but some mashed potato was teasing me on Friday night. I am hoping this is what gets me to goal now

Lexie2005 said:
I did about four weeks before Christmas & it was ok, first few days I missed it but then I got used to it. And once I got in to ketosis I wasn't hungry & it just worked for me. Haven't missed bread since I stopped eating it on Thursday but some mashed potato was teasing me on Friday night. I am hoping this is what gets me to goal now

I think my potato addiction is the main thing that would stop me doing low carb, lol. I stopped having bread a while back. I enjoy nice warm bread as a treat, but only eat it occassionally, whereas potatoes I have every day! Maybe there's a potatoholics anonymous I could join? ;) xx

Ha ha potatoaholics - OH just asked what I was giggling about!! Potatoes are my downfall, I can take or leave bread - although I have eaten tonnes of the stuff in the last few weeks! But pasta, rice and potatoes couldn't cope without (in the winter!) X

Hmmmm said:
Ha ha potatoaholics - OH just asked what I was giggling about!! Potatoes are my downfall, I can take or leave bread - although I have eaten tonnes of the stuff in the last few weeks! But pasta, rice and potatoes couldn't cope without (in the winter!) X

Lol, glad I gave you a giggle. I'm exactly the same - I suspect I have a minor gluten intolerance, so find bread makes me feel a bit yuck, but can eat potatoes in all forms until the cows come home (but mash is my main weakness!). :) xx

Mmmmm potatoes and bread! I had every intention of re starting tomorrow but theres a brioche loaf in my kitchen.... how can I possibly start knowing thats there? ?!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lexie can I ask what you eat when you're low carb? A vague idea of breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks? Not sure I could manage without bread though. Well done on the meal today, sounds like it went well.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Mmmmm potatoes and bread! I had every intention of re starting tomorrow but theres a brioche loaf in my kitchen.... how can I possibly start knowing thats there? ?!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Get rid of it.. I cleared our cupboards and fridge yesterday - gave OH 24 hrs to eat what he wanted - the rest went in the bin or to my Mums!

Lexie can I ask what you eat when you're low carb? A vague idea of breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks? Not sure I could manage without bread though. Well done on the meal today, sounds like it went well. Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Protein mainly!!

Are you not on mfp? My diary is on there. Anyway in case not

Breakfast is normally something like bacon egg & mushrooms

Lunch is meat & cheese & small salad

Dinner is meat & veg or if I've done something like spag bol I will just have the meat & sometimes have some veg with it or make cauliflower rice.

Snacks are nuts cheese & slim fast bars/snacks

It's completely no xen friendly obviously as very high fat & I know it doesn't sound like. Lot of food but if you're eating low enough carb your body will go in to ketosis which stops you being as hungry. It's working for me & I used to eat 4 slices of bread a day but I know everyone is different.

Well scales up slightly today to 12:0:8 but I'm ok with that as I did think yesterday was very low & didn't know it was true. Anyway today I'm home as it's an inset training day at school. So me & a friend are taking our boys for a walk around a local nature reserve & for some lunch (hoping they'll do omlettes) & then tonight I'm making the most of not being at work & am going to the gym for an hour. Conal is booked in to the active kids class at 6. So I'm hoping scales will get me that 11 back by Friday.... Oh & I'm back in ketosis

Well scales up slightly today to 12:0:8 but I'm ok with that as I did think yesterday was very low & didn't know it was true. Anyway today I'm home as it's an inset training day at school. So me & a friend are taking our boys for a walk around a local nature reserve & for some lunch (hoping they'll do omlettes) & then tonight I'm making the most of not being at work & am going to the gym for an hour. Conal is booked in to the active kids class at 6. So I'm hoping scales will get me that 11 back by Friday.... Oh & I'm back in ketosis

Great that you back in ketosis :) I'm sure that 11 will be with you by Friday :)

Thanks for the mini diary, I'll need to think about that! Sounds like 11 is yours by Friday, good luck! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I know it's a big change but for me it is working & the losses make it worthwhile. I can't see me going back to as much carb as I used to eat ever now. I will up it when i am at goal but not until then I don't think

I'm back on the low carb today as well as I feel like I need to kick start my weight loss and low carbing has worked for me in the past.
I had a protein shake for brekkie and then a subway salad for lunch.
Looks like your Christmas gain will be gone in no time.

I'm back on the low carb today as well as I feel like I need to kick start my weight loss and low carbing has worked for me in the past. I had a protein shake for brekkie and then a subway salad for lunch. Looks like your Christmas gain will be gone in no time.

Well done & welcome to the low carb wagon ;)

I've only got 2.8lb as do this morning to go of the Christmas gain (was 2.2lb yesterday but I'm fluctuating a bit) had a good day today, good gym session but I just let my fitbit track it as steps so the burn will have been higher as gym included 8 minute running & cross trainer. So I'm hoping & scared to say it that there is a slim possibility I may see 11 tomorrow, I'd be over the moon if I did

It will come your muscles might be clinging to water from getting back to exercise., I have every confidence :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back