Bluegirls journey to ar*e island

This is why scales aren't helpful a lot of the time... You knew your health was the most important thing to get back in full form, and you experimented with eating in a balanced way, and you knew having come off a VLCD that you would gain some weight. I totally understand how upsetting it is to gain a stone, but if you knew you probably had, and that you were following a set plan as soon as your health was back, and most importantly you did get your health back, why do scales have to be used to measure anything? I just hate for you to have been in a good place, and then let a scale result change your opinion of what you've been doing this last few weeks and yourself. I may be understanding things wrongly or exaggerating but just wanted to tell you not to let those numbers upset you. Xxxxxx

Blue steroids can bloat to high heaven. That stone won't all be fat gain in that space of time. Once you're off them you will notice a difference I'm sure. Keep enjoying the food and low carb if you can. Just don't do a me and start bingeing or over eating!!

Exactly! Steroids bloat muscle tissue so the stinger and auto immune response which is why they give them to people with chest problems ( I think) get pumping you'll be like Jodie marsh in no time!

Gone quiet? All ok hun?x

Hey y'all and Happy Easter. I am doing things a little topsy turvy, but tonight has been my last supper. Tommorow I'm back on CD and 4 tetra's a day. I've got an appointment with my CDC at 10.00 and planning on doing a good 10 days before getting weighed. In the hope that the bulk of the stone ish that I have gained will melt away by then.

Health wise I am much better, but I need to remember about pace, and the strain that my body has been through, and of course listen to it when it is telling me that I need a rest/break/sleep rather than just going and going until I colapse (literally). I've finished my steroids and just taking the iron tablets for a while longer. I've a referral to a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome clinic and see if they can offer any further advice about coping and pace. To be honest my diagnosis 3 years ago was something that I have kinda tried to forget, but the last 6 weeks has made me remember all too well.

I hope you are all well. I have been dipping in and out of here but to be honest my head wasnt in the right place to post. So I'll do the tour and catch up with you all now.

Much love xx

Woo! I'm back with a vengeance too!

So are you back at work yet or are you sagging off until you have been to see the chronic fatigue clinic! I'm smiling to myself here as I know exactly what you feel like, I had Epstein Barr virus at uni and it took a year to get right. No sheet!

Anyway I'm so glad you are back lovely!

You have to be joking - I've not missed a day - how on earth can we in these times!

I had my redundancy paperwork and was so tempted to cash it all in, but sadly I like my job, and the money wasnt enough to pay off my mortgage so I was not one of the 30% that we have let go.

Back to Newcastle on Wednesday - I have a day at home tomorrow, well car service, meeting in Oldham and a couple of conference calls to keep my mind off food. To be honest i have eaten enough for a family of 4 recently.

Glad your vengence is back. I'll go and check up on you now x

Blue so glad the steroids are done and dusted. Do be careful with the iron tablets and CD combo.........recipe for blockage!!! So don't forget your water! Let's get cracking on doing our plans 100% and worry about the numbers another day. x

Good luck with starting CD again hunni, anything you gained will be gone before u know it :)
Take it easy though and if you feel abit 'woozy' eat! Have just a piece of chicken or fish and a little green salad, won't massively affect your loss and much better than you passing out again xxx

I'm vegetarian so it'd have to be a little cheese or quorn but I have learnt a valuable lesson, not so much about the diet but about multi double tasking when what I should be doing is pacing.

Weighed in this morning and got 11 days worth of tetra's. I've left my card with her by mistake but I think I know what the horrid scales said. I need to update my ticker but I need to get my head round it first!

If you are reading this and you dont have a glass of water in your hand go and get one right now and get glugging!!!

xx

Quorn sounds really good right about now!
I could easily live off tetras I think, prices have gone up my CD said but she hasn't put hers up yet so I may have to stock up on those tonight :)
1.7 litres already done for me ;) Good luck!

I'm going for tetras too!

Blurgh! Well I can relate to the thoughts about work Kay I love and hate my job in equal measure too. I found out today my senior manager is taking redundancy. No where near final salary type deals you are talking about but still pretty hefty package, but that does mean the head of client services post would be available for anyone wanting to throw their hat in the ring, which could be an opportunity! Am I a vulture? Why yes I think so!

You take it easy though missus! That travel is q bugger make sure to take good care of yourself for the first few day's

So, I'm nearly at the end of day 2 and boy the headache is bad this time. Not sure if it's caffeine withdrawal, the diet, work or a mixture of all. I'd also forgotten how blimmin cold you get on plan. Nat I might need to borrow your sauna belt!

I'm up in the northeast, travelled up sat next to Jonny Logan - anyone remember him? I couldn't but he reminded me! Stuck to plan, drunk lots of water, now I'm showed and ready for bed. Blimey is it really only 7?

Remember if you are reading this without fluid in your hand then go and grab a class/mug and get glugging!

Xx

Haha I'm sitting in a bath of fluid does that count?

I had a killer migraine yesterday. It was so bad I went to bed at 730 with alara!

Anyway I'm so glad you are half way over the hill! Roll on tomorrow x

Johnny Logan didn't he win the Eurovision for Ireland many moons ago?

Well done day 2 done and dusted! Hopefully you'll have less of a headache today. I took paracetemol as soon as I felt a twinge of a headache and then took some more later just to keep the headache at bay. It didn't completely go away but made it more bearable. So do try that if you are not feeling any better today.

Mr Logan did win Eurovision, well remembered. 3 times apparently. But I would never have expected him to be wearing fingerless leather gloves with studs on - he tells me he's big in Germany!

I think today is day 4 and my fella has told me that I am in ketosis as I kissed him on my return from the North East. Dont you just love 'em? I've not been completely 100% I had some cheese, and a few nuts, but I dont think thats the end of the world. I know its a long journey and my calories are a 5th at least of what I have been eating. Scales tell me 5 lbs, but I dont get weighed officially until next Friday so plenty of time to improve on that.

I bought the "lose two dress sizes or more" slim pod. I have to admit when Id downloaded it and realised for £29 you get an 8 minute recording I was a little disappointed, but I have listed for 4 nights now and words of it do pop into my head at odd times. Lets see if that makes any difference. It does seem to work on the subconsious for lots of people, and as I am not good at listening to anyones advice in a conscious state this might be the way forward!

I think I will brace changing my ticker and history so that its about where I am going not what Ive been doing. Might leave the weight loss/gain until next weigh in though, otherwise I might just cry a tiny bit.

Nat, how to I change my title?

Remember I wanna know you're multitasking - read and glug ladies, read and glug! xx

Whoa Bessie! How do I get in on this 8 minute slimpod action. That's my problem I don't have enough time for a 45 min hypno session! Can you get it directly onto your iPod or similar device ;)

What is it with fingerless gloves and Germans. The hoff rocks them too, he is also loved by all Germanic types.

To change your title, click on the stars at the side of your current title I think!

By the way so jealous about your 5lbs. And the fact your fella will kiss you in keto, mine is so sensitive to smell that he almost balks and it kills the moment stone dead!

Off to watch touch now with my water....

Nat, kiss was a peck, we only snog with alcohol!!

So today, up and out early (ish). Weird how I dont eat and I work away all week but I still get to do the food shopping and still get moaned at when something runs out. The trouble with being a control freak I guess. You take the tasks from them and then they are rendered useless at doing it themselves, or is that a bit like me and washing up, I hate it so do a crap job so I dont have to do it again.

Did a little gardening at my rented house. The tennant has moved out. I am disappointed at the state of the place, but trying to reason that its wear and tear, just wish she had loved the garden as much as I did as it now needs lots of work. Hoping to sell this time, but the market is completely flat in south Cheshire. Really need the tiny amount of equity out of it and the niggling worry of something going wrong and finding the money to get it fixed. Still doing that meant that I didnt really think about food until 12 ish.

So home to watch the mighty Machester City win 1-6 and while watching made myself a lovely (well I think its lovely) peter pan bib collar necklace thing. I'll take some pics and put them in the craft off topic thread if anyone is interested. That kept me good. Before I knew it it was 4pm and a lovely soak in the bath. Until fella shouted that water was coming through the spots in the kitchen ceiling. Thankfully only a couple of drips but we need to work out how they got there.

Half an hour after bathtime there was an almighty crash in the back yard. Went out to find our house cat out there - she had jumped for freedom out the window! I dont know who was most frightened me or her. SHe had obviously shocked herself, its a long way for a tiny cat isnt it! Anyway after a few hours she seems back to her normal self now. Feel sad that we cant let her out but she is a ragdoll and we were told that they have to be housecats. They do go out in the back but only if we are there.

Any who, enough cat news. Have I told you how much I love and hate this diet in equal amounts recently? Today I hate it. I want a vodka and coke more than anything in the world. I want to be drinking it watching match of the day with a bag of salted popcorn. Then I remember. When I did have the V and Coke on my forced break from SS all I wanted to do was have a chocolate tetra and feel light. So the moral of today is that I am never happy with my lot. And my lot is not so bad.

Thanks for the advice on the title Nat - we are now following my journey back to ar*e island - you remember after my first big losses I noticed that I wasnt making a damm in the bath anymore?

Right, remember kids, if your reading you should be glugging xx

Back