BLUFIZZ MUNCH MEMOIRS

:wave_cry: hello..

not been feeling well at all...and very stressed out with my eating....hormones crept up on me and knocked me sideways this month...

didnt go to wi.last wed...little ones not well then i forgot to go in the evening then it snowed on thurs(i walk so couldnt get there as its a good 30 mins away)..by friday id given up trying to find a group...

Feel quite fed up and despondant and alone in my battle with the munching-monster lol

back to plan today...plenty of free/s/ss food and lots of speed soup n fruit...if i can maintian/sts by wed il be happy ...

saturday 13th feb 2010

breakfast-
2 bread (he b)
egg
beans/mushrooms
tom sauce (2 sins)

lunch-
speed soup
banana

dinner-hoping to have-
speed soup
past n sauce (0.5 sins)
veg

fresh fruit salad
hi lite (2 sins)

Hi Bluefizz,
Have had a quick look at your diary - you seem really good at trying to eat more speed foods - I think I'll try your speed soup!
Wow - I'm mega impressed by your 6lb loss - that's amazing!
Hope you feel better soon - it's horrible trying to diet when you don't feel great.
xxx

Hi Bluefizz,
Have had a quick look at your diary - you seem really good at trying to eat more speed foods - I think I'll try your speed soup!
Wow - I'm mega impressed by your 6lb loss - that's amazing!
Hope you feel better soon - it's horrible trying to diet when you don't feel great.
xxx

thanx...it was a lot to lose..but it said id put on 0.5 the week before so who know what was going on lol...

only thing i did dif was the soup every day before meals and fresh fruit salad every day after meals....

ive posted the recipe here....
the key-in my opinion- is the sauted veg before you add the stock-without that rich veggie n stock taste itl just taste watery..oh and herbs toward the end so they dont lose their fresh flavour....jsut chuck in what you like-check the s/ss food list...

but bear in mind if you put pot/lentils/pearl barley check which plan your following in case they need to be sinned!

SPEED SOUP

SPEED SOUP

1 can of mixed bean salad - rinsed
½ can borlotti beans - rinsed
½ can cannellini beans – rinsed
½ can broad beans – rinsed
½ can butter beans -rinsed
Handful of dry-no-soak red lentils
Handful of pearl barley - optional
6 cloves garlic-minced
1 large leek
2 onions
3 sticks celery
4 lrg carrots
Savoy cabbage-shredded
Fry light
chicken or veg stock cubes-use enough to obtain a good flavoured stock.
enough water to cover-approx 2 litres
Salt & pepper
Bouquet garni-optional
fresh parsley-chopped or any herbs you like

METHOD
1. Peel and chop all the veg
2. Dissolve stock cubes in freshly boiled water, by doing this now you can check strength of your stock and adjust accordingly
3. Spray a pan with fry light and sauté the veg until lightly browned.
4. Add stock to pan, add all beans/lentils/pearl barley, season well adding bouquet garni is using and bring to boil, cover and simmer until all veg is cooked and pearl barley cooked.
5. Add chopped herbs towards end then take off heat for few mins before serving.
6. Adjust seasoning to taste.
7. Remove boquet garni
Best eaten chunky but could be blended.

VARIATIONS-
You could also add:
- diced pot/parsnips/swede/sweet pot at sauté stage
- peas/petit pois approx 5 mins from end of cooking
- small pasta shapes or broken up spaghetti approx 5-10 mins from end of cooking
* I have also added “ cheese n broccoli pasta n sauce” to this soup before to give it a more creamy taste – 0.5 sins per packet –tho this works better with smaller portion of the soup

* another recipe states you can add baked beans and peppers and tinned lentils?

*bear in mind if you put pasta/pot/lentils/pearl barley/pulses ie the beans- check which plan your following in case they need to be sinned! (especially red days!)

Last edited:
Mmm, sounds yummy.
Like the idea of eating soup before every meal though - will fill you up and stop you eating loads of the 'not so good but free' stuff (like potatoes and pasta!!)
I def don't eat enough fruit - need to get back in the habit of making a fruit salad to have in work everyday so bought pineapple, melon, grapes today to make sure I do!

hello diary lol

SARAH....hiya....:) soup deffo works...doesnt have to be speed soup tho-lentils/legumes can take some getting used to if your not used to eating them....and fruit after a meal...well gives me the sweet hit i need lol

SLIMMER 2010....hiya...:) yeh im great now thanks...if ive maintained il be happy ..if ive lost il be gobstruck..:D(fingers crossed havnt gained lol)

made huge pot speed soup and meat-free chilli and have been munching all weekend when felt hungry....deffo eat less that way and dont feel so stuffed as i do when i eat at set times...

SUNDAY 14th feb 2010

breakfast-
2 bread (he b)
beans/eggs/mushrooms
tom sauce (4 sins)
hi lite (2 sins)

lunch-
speed soup
2x bananas

dinner-
bak pot
2 oz edam (he a x2)
meat free chilli-free
baked beans/mixed beans
salad
salad cream (2 sins)

fruit salad
speed soup

MONDAY 15th feb 2010

breakfast-
2x bread (he b)
eggs/beans/mushrooms
tom sauce (4 sins)

hi lite (2 sins)
banana

lunch-
speed soup

dinner-
prob chilli n rice

MONDAY 15th feb 2010

breakfast-
2x bread (he b)
eggs/beans/mushrooms
tom sauce (4 sins)

hi lite (2 sins)
banana

lunch-
speed soup

dinner-
prob chilli n rice

Hello you!!! how ya doing hun? Sorry to hear you havent been feeling tip top!!!

Hope ya feel better soon chicky!! send me a message if ya want a moan :D

why am i doing this to myself?

hmmm its been a week since last wrote on here...
gained 0.5lb last weeks wi.....feel pretty crap in general....knee prob back again.....fed up with the weather and sometimes struggle to understand why im doing this...and to accept il prob always have this stupid weight problem and spend the rest of my life going to group and feeling like il never be normal again....fed up fed up fed up! :cry:

not much point writing down what i ate last week cos to be honest i cant remember most of it...doing this alone sucks!

tuesday 23rd feb 2010

positve thoughts and entries only from now on -
cant change my situation right now but i can change my eating habits and weight! ...bring it on :)

breakfast-
yoghurt+banana

hi lite (2 sins)
speed soup

lunch-
egg, beans, mush
2x bread (he b)

dinner-hoping to have-
home-made fish pie
broccoli+carrots

awwww hun hope u r ok! Some how i managed to un subscribe to your dairy! and was just typoing in my diary and saw where u had repped me an then the penny dropped!

Your so not alone on this hun! we all have bad patches but you have your mini friends to help you! I had a right shocker of a week other week an struggleds last week! and wobbled this one!

I hope you are ok hun! what do you put in your speed soup?

keep ya chin up hun!

:) hiya

thanks for your post...its not nice to feel glad when someone else has bad days/weeks but you know what i mean...deffo not alone then lol...

ive deffo got some kind of mental block right now and just dont know why ....but il try to keep going .....i know it works so its annoying i cant stick to plan some weeks......its just such a waste of time and non-effort lol....

speed soup-ive posted mine on here..if you do some scrolling down lol...

if you cant be bothered heres simpler one for veg soup

1x bag asda leek n pot mix
1x bag asda carrot n coriander mix
1x bag asda carrot n cabbage mix
tin mixed beans-rinsed
huge handful no-soak red split lentils
cumin/coriander/chilli powder/garlic powder/pepper
stock to more than cover

bring to boil then simmer til everythings tender..taste even better day after!

oh yeah i remwmber it now lol took a look! I really wana make it but im quite fussy and it looks like an expensive soup lol did it taste nice?

i know exactly what u mean! your not alone hundreds of people struggle! If we didnt we wouldnt be in this situation in the first place would we lol? There is some thing on the sw website called sas its for when u r struggling! its a bit like a food dairy sheet you could have a look at one of them and see if they help ya?

love katie
xxx

i make mine with veg and pulses ive always got in cos its what i base my meals around....also it makes a lot so i freeze it..so for me its cheap and cost effective if you get my drift lol.....my kids eat it too....

must admit the big recipe one i dont put a lot of the stuff in lol..
you can really mix n match to suit your taste and pocket....and its only called speed cos its speed food....not as some think that it makes you lose weight quicker lol....
im sure some people make it and only eat that and expect to loose oodles! lmao

ive heard of the sas sheets but not really looked at them...maybe i should...

i suppose its worth a try lol!

im thinking about doing a body magic award thingy to try motivate my self!

good luck for weigh in tomoz hun! I had to change mine to evening weigh in so got to wait alll day to find out lol grrr

xxxxxx

ive changed mine to eve too lol
dont think im going tomorrow..just dont feel like it....and ive kinda ran out of money this week..had school trip to pay for......but got my mind set to attack this plan with gusto this coming week lol

good luck with your wi x

hey you!!!

where r ya hun! hope u r ok
xxxxxxxxxxx

hiya,
havnt stuck to plan much lately...not sure whats wrong with me.....dunno when il go back to group...just things ive gotta work through-no one can do it for me ....

ive allowed myself until tomorrow to get my head back in the zone lol...to be honest im feeling quite sick with the extra chcoloate n biscuits and booze ive had over last two weeks ...:( ...

if im feeling brave think il just bite the bullet and go back this wednesday....but then it could just make me feel worse ..dunno what to do now....being alone really sucks!:cry:

monday 1st march 2010

10-15 sins tho trying to stay within 10! :confused:
1xhe-A 1xhe-B maybe? lol
tom sauce (2 sins)
milk (he a) for coffee

lunch-
bak pot
salad
quorn chilli-
quorn
tin tom
mixed beans-tinned