BMI issues

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Ok so - have just looked and seen that when i reach 12st my bmi will be 30 - which is on the edge between overweight and obese.

I really dont know what to do now!
My original goal is to be as close to 12st as poss by the end of june as a i have a holiday and then refeed but now i am thinking if my bmi is 30 shouldnt i still carry on with LT?

Thing is - i am only 5'2 and my ideal boy weight is between 8.7 and 9.7 stone (i think) but i really wouldnt look right. The lowest i have been is 10.7. My mum is roughly same heigh - maybe an inch smaller - and she is 9st and i think she looks awful. she looks ill and too small so i dont want to look like this.

Now i have a dilemma - do i try to get my bmi down once i reach 12st or be happy with 12st and take it from there?

**Just looked again and to be smack bang in the middle of the healthy bmi section i would need to be 8.7stone! no way! they can run and jump!!

You'll never know, it might not be too bad. Depends on the person. But if you get to 12st and you are happy with yourself, nothign else should matter :)

i think BMIs are rubbish ym idea weight is about 8.5-9 odd if i was at the lowest end i think id look stupid! I suppose its what you feel right at! xx

Very true girls - it is what i feel comfy at.
Hopefully once i get to 12st i will feel ok but if not i think i might stay on LT for longer after a holiday break - which totally goes agains what i believe in for this diet :(

its aload of bloody rubbish that chart, im only JUST 5 foot and they say i should be UNDER 9 stone n i think thats well to skinny. i refuse to go below 10 stone no matter wot that chart says!!! x

haha i now too think the chart is utter rubbish!!!

just go with your instinct. I think if you feel good thats a major thing.. One thing I strongly recommend tho is going to the doctor after it. He will decide if you are a healthy weight and not in danger of anything etc. Its not fully about how you look, its about your health too

I do follow the BMI chart to some degree. I want to get down to 9 stone, but if I look in the mirror and see myself and am happy with my body and it's the way I want it, then sod 9 stone :D

Thats a good idea ollie - cheers! Defo guna book an appointment with doc for when i come off lt now :)
I havnt been to my docs since last summer - i have been going docs for well over a year and have tried reductil and orlistat to no avail! so i think when i go for a checkup in june i think he will be shocked!! lol

I do follow the BMI chart to some degree. I want to get down to 9 stone, but if I look in the mirror and see myself and am happy with my body and it's the way I want it, then sod 9 stone :D

Lol!!

I do suppose the main thing is feeling comfy. I havnt felt comfy for well over 3 years and to be 12st will be absolutly amazing so i think am just guna play it from june and see what me quack has to say :cool:

I'd agree with others, go with how you feel.

I set my target weight yesterday (went for the highest weight in the healthy part of a chart, lol) but have no real idea of what it will feel like so maybe I'll carry on (yikes) and maybe I'll feel 'right' before I reach goal.

I think everyone's different it's hard to say what 9 stone might look on you, even compared to your mum.

But i have never been a small girl. Have always been broad so i know i would look completly out of proportion as tiny as my mum!!

But only time will tell!

But i have never been a small girl. Have always been broad so i know i would look completly out of proportion as tiny as my mum!!

But only time will tell!

Im the same, im not petite in the slightest unfortunatly :(

What weight were you in your before pictures on your profile??

I think i was around 10-11st ... although im not too sure but im pretty damn certain i have NEVER been under 10st (since teenagerhood lol)

yeah I am the same!!

Well I think 12st will be perfect for you then x

Hopefully Chell :)

Summergurl,

I'm the same height as you. The lightest I have ever been was 9 stone and I was told to stop losing weight.

My aim this time is to between 10 and 10.5 stone which I think I look more in proportion as. Unfortunately when I was at my lightest, I still had big boobs as well so looked as though I was about to topple over !

But it's about how you feel. Again at my lightest - I felt really boney and uncomfortable to sit.

hth

Thats relieving to know cru thanks :)
I dont think i will ever get to 9st i just dont want to be that light! lol

I'd stick with when you feel comfortable, and don't pay too much attention to either BMI or weight particularly. My Pharmacist also says the BMI table thingie is rubbish and not to take much notice of it. I'm now comfortably in a size 14, but apparently obese!!! If I lose a further 3 stone, to be in the 'normal' range, I will look ill so I'm bu**ered if I'm going there! (and I don't mean buttered!)

Years ago I did Slimming World, and there were 2 girls, same height, exactly the same size, yet one was a stone heavier. Was one overweight? No, they were both a trim size 12, and if the heavier one lost a further stone she would have looked ill.

Do what's right for YOU, not the textbook. I'm sure you will look lovely and be healthy.

Back