BMI requirements

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Lite' started by London_dancer, 14 October 2009 Social URL.

1. London_dancer

London_dancer Member

My mum has been encouraging me to look at this however I believe there is a BMI requirement??

mine is 18.4 would I be suited to this plan or is there another??

Thanks in advance
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. spooky

spooky Banned

I am a Cambridge Counsellor not on Lighter Life, but as your BMI is under 20 I doubt you would be able to use any VLCD as your BMI is effectively underweight.
  4. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

I can't understand why your mother would be encouraging you to diet when your BMI is underweight? A BMI of 20-25 is considered to be healthy. Less than that is considered to be underweight.
  5. London_dancer

London_dancer Member

Currently following VLC with doctors supervision, mainly liquids max 300cal a day. Would be nice to use a proper real replacement in the future.

Thanks for the information guys, will let her know BMI not suitable for lighterlife plan. I want to loose another 1st -20lb, she is just being supportive I guess!!

Thank you
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.