BMR question

StokieST5

Hi,

Has anyone got experience of upping their calories and still loosing weight?

I have previously (last year) lost weight on a 1400 calorie regime. I decided on 1400 calories myself, no science involved.

This year I have really struggled on 1400 calories and ended up either hungry or bingeing when my will power gave way.

To try and break out of that cycle I have used the BMR calculation, which advises 1927 calories per day. This seems an amazing amount more and I'm certainly not hungry.

My query is, has anyone else upped their calories after using the BMR calculation and lost weight? All help gratefully received.

Hi StokieST5 - Yes! I started using MFP and they put me on 1200 cals a day. I struggled a lot. I then read up on the Harris Benedict Equation and they upped me to 1897 cals a day and I lost 5lb in my 1st week. I ended up going from a size 18 - size 12 in 8 weeks. I used the gym 6 days out of 7 as well. So yes, upping calories can work x

Hi Sarahandmolly,

Thank you so much for replying and sharing your experience. Your results are amazing. I will take the plunge and up my calories and see what happens!

Back