Body Image

missy3

starving!
Was on the bus today, when i caught my reflection. I could see the same image that I saw in July even thou i'm 3 stone lighter and 3 dress sizes down. Back then I could only dream of being a size 14, and if i saw someone at size 14 I would never in a million years think of them as fat.. 2 weeks ago size 14 was amazing! but now I don't think I look thin.. if that makes sense?

Two weeks or so ago and on LT 100% I thought i looked great, but after re-feed and now maintenance week.. is it that i've just got used to a size 14 me, so i'm not all pleased with it anymore?

Just a thought.. any1 else feel like this?

I feel like that Missy. It really messed me up the last time i lost weight. After losing 3.5 stone in 2007 I still felt like I looked the same as before and when i looked in the mirror all I saw were the same bulges. Then my always skinny sister visited from Oz a year later and borrowed a pair of my skinny jeans from 2007 that I'd by then grown waaayy too big for. I actually sat in shock when I saw how small she looked in them, I couldn't understand that I'd ever been that size because I really had not felt it. It's a very strange thing. This time I'm really trying to force myself to adjust my perception because I want to be happy with how I am and not caught in a constant body image battle, but I don't feel any different. I think it's this part of losing weight that imight be the key to keeping the weight off in the future. We have to try to 'see' ourselves clearly to truly appreciate it and understand what we've achieved.

It's very complicated for me, but I just wanted you to know that you are definitely not alone x

Its hard cos people keep saying "oh u look so thin" and i'm pleased but at the same time, i don't feel it so then i think are they just saying it to be nice? I felt slim about 5 years ago in my 6th form formal dress and I always tried to diet to fit back into it.. Wen i look at foto's of the formal i thought i looked well, now my formal dress is a bit big. its so weird.

You're not alone! I'm wearing size 12's that I wore when I was previously about a stone lighter than I am now but I think that
LT makes you lose fat more efficiently which is why I'm thinner than I was previously at this weight.....I know that doesn't make sense but I don't know how else to put it!

When I hold the clothes up I can see that they're quite small and I keep getting loads of compliments, even my OH doesn't think that I really need to lose any more. My BMI is in the healthy range for my age, 50, so I guess I DO look ok......so why can't I see that properly in the mirror? Why do I still think that losing another stone and a half is a good idea? Why aren't I just thrilled at having gotten to this? At the moment every 3 or 4 pounds is making a huge difference in my clothes too and common sense tell me that I don't need to be 10 stone.....

Answers on a postcard please!

HI

I feel the same way, I've gone from size 16/18 to a 12. I don't feel that much thinner and still think my ass is hugh, which is stupid because size 12 is a small size or at least average......isn't it? Last time i was a size 12 I was about a half stone lighter. Even at size 10 my smallest many many years ago i still thought i was pudgy. BTW sandra I've seen your pics and you look amazing.

Amazingly I was just thinking about this subject and then your thread appeared Missy. When I started Lt and had big losses I felt so slim and loved getting dressed up and felt confident after lossing approx 25lbs? Now Ive lost 70+ pounds I feel bigger?? It has to be a mental block, or poor body image. I still avoid shop windows and looking at my reflection but when i catch sight of myself Im un-recognisable. But I have to admit the smaller I get the bigger I feel. Its just people's comments and how differently Im treated that makes me believe Im smaller. It could be the speed in which we lose? We may have to just get used to our smaller frames and let our minds catch up. :) xxx

I've just hit upon the answer......we're all quite barking mad!

ha ha Sandra, you could be right.. Just thinking girls do you think people notice you more now. i think i get more attention even though my weight loss isn't hugh. I think people talk to me more now, especially at work in the office, maybe I have more confidence. I hated myself 2 months ago and now i feel so much more in control just wondering if anymore of you feel this way?

Yes i deff think people notice me a lot more now, people r a lot friendlier and more helpfull and they seem to listen more to what im saying. I do think it is in part because im more confident but i dont think thats the only reason. I think when i was fatter i was kind of invisable and people didnt really pay much notice to what i said r did. I sort of just didnt really get noticed.

On the mind trap, im deff experiencing that. Before i started tfr nearly 13weeks ago i would hav killed to b in the 11stones but now that im here im nearly not enjoying it because im starting to get so focused on taking it all the way and loosing another two or three stone. That wont happen anyway as im coming off before christmas so ive focused myself on enjoying my new body andnew confidence (which is through the roof!). Im loving loosing weight but dont think ill ever be fully happy with my body.... But then what woman ever is?! X

At least we know that we all feel the same!

I hate to say it but society DOES treat fat people differently......to be fat is to be stupid, weak-willed and generally a second class citizen! Until quite recently no-one seemed to acknowledge that being slim wasn't just a matter of willpower....but hey even WW have changed their mindset and are preaching that all calories aren't equal.

Anyone doing this diet will surely have realised that it's their addiction to carbs, including all the sweet stuff, that made them fat in the first place......no-one put on weight cos of their addiction to smoked salmon! Crack the carbs and, in my opinion, you've cracked your weight problem. Simples!

Was on the bus today, when i caught my reflection. I could see the same image that I saw in July even thou i'm 3 stone lighter and 3 dress sizes down. Back then I could only dream of being a size 14, and if i saw someone at size 14 I would never in a million years think of them as fat.. 2 weeks ago size 14 was amazing! but now I don't think I look thin.. if that makes sense?

Two weeks or so ago and on LT 100% I thought i looked great, but after re-feed and now maintenance week.. is it that i've just got used to a size 14 me, so i'm not all pleased with it anymore?

Just a thought.. any1 else feel like this?

wow funnily enough ive just discussed the exact same feeling with my boyfriend, who also thinks i look fine, its like you have read my mind hun, im a 14 now after losing 3 stone and 3 sizes also, but i still see the fat me in the mirror, i cam off lipotrim to go on atkins and this is when these feeling surfaced, after lipotrim eating just a small amount makes me feel fat, like 3 stone fatter n not a 1, its crazy, when i started lipotrim i was size 20, the thought of being a 14 was fantastic, a dream, when i first reached it i felt sexy and slim, always looking the mirror at my shape, etc, now all i see is fat and rolls, i can see im different but the feeling of discust is the same:cry:

im now back on lipotrim to finish the emotional time of my life, but finding it hard, as im toying with the fact i look miles slimmer in everyone elses eyes but in my own in still fat........

one thing that annoys me now is when i say to a friend, i feel fat and they laugh at me, and say i wish i was a 14 etc, now i get that i do but being here isnt what i thought it would be

im wondering if any of us on this thread will ever be happy with what we become and are, now im striving for a 12, my boyfriend said then youl want a 10 and so on........maybe this is the problem we all have, will we ever be satisfied?????

.so why can't I see that properly in the mirror? Why do I still think that losing another stone and a half is a good idea? Why aren't I just thrilled at having gotten to this? At the moment every 3 or 4 pounds is making a huge difference in my clothes too and common sense tell me that I don't need to be 10 stone.....

Answers on a postcard please!

i feel exact the same hun, we dreamed of being this size and now our own minds are spioling the joy, we know deep inside that we look fine but strive for better.any answers u get to this one pass them on llol

when i catch sight of myself Im un-recognisable. But I have to admit the smaller I get the bigger I feel. Its just people's comments and how differently Im treated that makes me believe Im smaller. It could be the speed in which we lose? We may have to just get used to our smaller frames and let our minds catch up. :) xxx

same here too hun, and maybe your right, we lose weight so fast on this diet that our minds are yet to catch up:confused:

and also yes i agree that the comments i get and how im treated and even looked at is 100 times better, so goes to show its what we see not what the world sees, i know all this yet i still cant shake it:eek:

hey everyone, we all must feel like this because i always think that.
16 weeks and iv gone from 24 stone to 17.3lb size 30 to 18/20 but still feel size 30 even though im not. hopefully that will change as time goes on.
on the upside i do feel fab and so so much healthier. x x x

Yep, another here who feels the same! I've lost 3.5 stone and gone from size 18 to size 12. I am always surprised when I put a size 14 item of clothing on and it's too big - it's all so novel; in my head, size 14 would be fine - but then I look at myself (as a size 12!) and feel I'm still pretty fat.

I think I look ok in mirrors / photos when dressed (although think a few more lbs will help the size 12's be a really great fit - touch snug at the moment!) - in fact, a lot of time I actually am really pleased with how I look. It hit me in the bath the other day how much fat there still is on me and how much there is still to lose to actually be 'slim'.

I totally agree Bren, i look at myself and try and add up the pounds of fat i need to loose by area!!! like two of each bum cheek, two off each saddlebag, 1/2 off each thigh, 1 off upper arms etc. I imagine pounds off butter hanging off me. Oh dear I am losing it :( I'm terrified that I won't get to goal or even anywhere near it. I'm terrified I will give up just like I have always done with every other diet I have ever been on. Maybe that's why we think the way we do. Are we afraid to see that we are getting nice figures, because we might end up not reaching goal and going back to square one!??

Its great to know i'm not alone! One weird thing I notice is that my bf has said a few things like u look well etc. but not so much like wow!, since i've been eating (refeed and maintainence week) he's always saying are you allowed that? i hope you sticking to it etc. maybe that's making me feel like.. i must not look like i'm 'there'.. also the fact some people don't say anything until someone else says.. oh christina lost 3 stone, hmm. My parents said they feel like ive become obsessed with how i look and i'm constantly saying.. is this too tight on me.. is my stomach sticking out. Back to LT tomorro for me

At what point does this turn into an obsession? I def spend too much time on here......

i think we are already lost causes now. missy my OH is the same, he says yah you look grand... or you don't look as fat as you did. and that's after I ask!! and he keeps saying..don't go back to eating cr*p after your finished. so I know what you mean I feel like i'm way off being finished.

I sometimes wonder why I'm depriving myself to lose weight as I know that even at a size 12-14 I feel like a heiffer - even though common sense dictates otherwise :eek:

xx

Back