Bolero and Hannata's challenge thread 3:3

Well, I'm down 3-pounds this week...largely thanks to work, where we're moving premises. All that shifting of boxes has been fantastic for burning callories!
I work that out as 1.81lbs a week I need to loose, and 76.25lb to go...and 10 more pounds before I've erased the weight I gained at Xmas. :p

How is it going both of you? x

I think I'm doing ok, but I'm at that part of the week where I'm second guessing myself about how I'm going to do at the scales. I'm 9.5lbs away from getting back down to where I was when I stopped for a Xmas break when I first dieted nearly 3-years ago, so I'm probably being harder on myself than I need to be as it is a big psychological thing for me to get there again.

I understand how you must be feeling, good luck for your next weigh in :hug99: I am sure you will get the next 9.5lbs off before you know it and fall well below the weight you was a few years ago. :)

How is Han doing? She has been rather quiet on here for a few weeks!!

Last edited:
Aw me and my hubby are doing the same thing he's just over a lb ahead of me! Well done :) x

I'm alright, not great on the diet front mind you.... having more off days than on. Got a pedometer recently and being a lot more active so I guess its helping. Bring on the nice sunny days =P

I've got a bit of SAD, and probably a bit of a history of depression, as well as a lot of stress & changes at work, so its all a bit funny for me at the mo... I'm still here posting but not keeping up so well with the diet. x

Evening all. Had a bit of fun at weigh in yesterday, in that my scales are playing up...and gave me two differing weights. Fortunately both were losses, but I'm going with the smallest of the two so I don't disappoint myself next week. Rather find out that I really lost more than I thought than find out I lost less! :p So in the end it's just a pound off.

Posted at the same time. :p Hang in there Han. I know you've got it in you to do really well at this, and really you do inspire me. Know things can be difficult at times (I've fallen off the metaphorical waggon more times than I care to remember...and probably eaten the horse pulling it at the same time :p), and really do understand how stress and the blues can be. Keep with it my friend, and you know you've my support all the way. :) xx

Nice to hear from you again Han! Sorry to hear how you are feeling though, hope you start to feel better soon hun :) xx

Bole, using 2 sets of scales to weigh yourself is never a good idea. You are best off just sticking to one set of scales, good thinking though with going for the lowest loss to avoid disappointment.

I think there's a misunderstanding. I am using one set of scales...but I think they're a bit broken, as they're telling me two differing weights for some bizzare reason. Only got on them a second time as I really didn't think a 5-pound loss (as it was telling me at first) was right...and low and behold it changes it's mind to 1-pound.
Might be an idea to get new scales. :p

Hang in there Hannata !!! Hope you feel more motivated soon.... I must admit that happens to me a lot, one minute it's all systems go and then somedays I feel like I can't be ars*d !!! I just try to make sure those awful days don't become weeks, like they used to, and then the bloody yo-yoing begins...grrr !!!

Well done on the loss Bolero !!

Diva x

Try changing the battery first! Mine are the same, ever so slightly inaccurate - Sometimes I'm 20st4, sometimes 17st7.... Within 2 minutes..!! Its time I trade them in for a set that work!

Another pound off this week, which is a big surprise to me as I've lost all motivation...and I think is based solely on the fact I've been on my feet rushing around all week. Life in general is just getting to me, so having a hard time in not falling back to old habits. Ah well. See what happens, and hope something lifts my gloom.

Another pound off this week, which is a big surprise to me as I've lost all motivation...and I think is based solely on the fact I've been on my feet rushing around all week. Life in general is just getting to me, so having a hard time in not falling back to old habits. Ah well. See what happens, and hope something lifts my gloom.

Well done on the loss :) keep it up and try not to let your mood make you feel put off - I know exactly how you feel right now. You will feel worse in the end if you go back to old ways. I have just wanted to sit and comfort eat all week :mad: and tried really hard not to let it take over me. Have a nice weekend and keep smiling hun x

Back