Boobs be gone...

21.12 first day of vomiting woohoo, I always get morning sickness at the start of the 2nd trimester. With low blood pressure and fainting to look forward to shortly after that. With 11days until my holiday I'm hoping I'm not going to be vomiting or bed ridden :-( not happy
Last night I dreamed about croissants, but the OH wouldn't go and get me some this morning, asshole!!
  • Breakfast:- bacon and tomatoes on toast
  • Lunch:- soup
  • Dinner:- SW microwave meal
  • Pudding:- croissants, I have a good bf, I've no idea how I'm not the size of a house yet!!

Last edited:
Worked out that the week I became pregnant I weighed 22.1 so technically I've lost 4lb, not too bad I suppose. I'm convinced I'm going to gain this week and for two weeks after (I will stuff my face on holiday I have decided. After all, my midwife told me to drink every 20mins and eat every 2hrs while on holiday because of the weather and the walking)
  • Breakfast:- bacon, egg and sausages (5syns)

OK, so its been a while since I've been on. I went on my Florida holiday and had a great time until halfway through the 2nd week when I started bleeding. I'm not rich and I hadn't told my insurance company I was pregnant and so I wasn't covered. I waited 3 days to come home and went straight to the doctor. He told me I'd had a miscarriage. Although I hadn't gained on my holiday, the diet went out the window as I struggled to come to terms with my miscarriage. 9 days later I went for a scan to ensure that everything was emptying as it should, only to be told I was still pregnant and baby was fine. A few days later I started bleeding again, I had to wait another 7 days to find out all was well, but by then I was suffering from depression and anxiety and I'm afraid the diet never recovered.
As I steadily gained weight, rather than do anything about it I'd just lie in bed crying. I developed hip problems when I was 20wks pregnant and struggled to walk, I cried some more. But at 26wks (on Xmas eve) I was rushed into hospital with a suspected heart attack. It was then that I realised I had to get myself back under control.
I signed back up to SW groups on Monday weighing in at 24st 8, just 2lb lower than my initial weigh in weight 2yrs ago and almost 3st heavier than I was 3 months ago. It was a terrible blow, with just under 3 months of pregnancy still left I'm glad I started now.
But I still can't walk far or stand for long to cook. As I type I'm lying in bed, unable to move my legs because I made the stupid mistake of trying to walk around Asda instead of using a scooter. Luckily I bought a good stash of SW microwave meals so the OH is cooking tonight. I stupidly thought my bronze body magic could be achievable, I've got 30mins of walking down, but I'm paying for it now..... But I'm going to start swimming next week to see if that's easier on my hips, I'm determined that I'm not going to gain another pound in this pregnancy!!!!

Its 11pm and I'm starving, since my dinner I've had a muller light yoghurt with blueberries and a crushed HiFi bar, a banana, an orange, a mug shot and I dunked a finger into a pot of low fat hummus and still I'm so hungry its like I haven't eaten today at all :-( was hoping to sleep it off but I'm not tired, is it because my body knows I'm dieting?!?!?

Hiya. I think we have gone off the rails a bit and are now back :) Sounds like you have been through the wars. If there are any good tips from group and let us know. I will go back, I just can't stand the January rush. You cant even get a seat at our Saturday group and weigh in takes over an hour. They finally broke it into two groups after 144 people were coming in on a regular basis but still the post Christmas rush is no fun.

@Emmab178 I was doing OK without group before my rather large hiccup, but I need extra help and motivation I think, plus just think, I could easily win slimmer of the month in April :) I know they have altered some things you could have as a healthy b, that now you can't (mainly cereal) but not much else has changed. I'm enjoying having HiFi bars again..... Yum yum yum

@Emmab178 I was doing OK without group before my rather large hiccup, but I need extra help and motivation I think, plus just think, I could easily win slimmer of the month in April :) I know they have altered some things you could have as a healthy b, that now you can't (mainly cereal) but not much else has changed. I'm enjoying having HiFi bars again..... Yum yum yum
I still have a stash of the toffee apple ones! I will get back to group just will see how I get on solo as the hubby put weight on aswell. We do better when we are both on track. Will let post christmas rush go and then find a quieter group. I do like going for the support and updates on changes in syn values etc, just when its crazy busy I don't feel like a group as everyone only gets a brief moment to chat and then onto the next one. Hubby loves the stickers. Seems men when they put their mind to it just get slimmer of the week every week! I still get the magazine which has some good tips.

Men's ability to drop weight by the second is annoying. I joined up with a voucher, saved a few bob, but had to use it in Jan or it would run out. We have a new consultant who has only been going 3wks, so will see how that goes on. Our last consultant had been going 3 years and never looked any slimmer, I always said she wasn't very motivating, but our new lady has lost 6st in 11 months, if only my body would let me do that!!!
A lot of people weighed and left last week, they prob didn't fancy the crowd, there was 8 newbies so not too bad, they usually drop off in a few weeks lol

I meant to weigh myself this morning to see how I'm doing, but I'm out of the habit now, I don't like weighing after breakfast and 3 cups of tea as it adds too many extra pounds lol.
Update: OK so I broke the rule and weighed myself just before lunch and scales said 24.4 :) but I'm not sure how accurate they are, but just thinking I've lost 4lb in 4 days is cheering me up no end...

• Breakfast:- Jordan's Muesli (b) and milk (a) and a banana. The 40g weighed out to hardly anything and I was worried I'd be starving by lunchtime, and I was!!!
  • Lunch:- was supposed to be making bubble and squeak, but was too sore so it turned into a dodgy mashed potato with leek, canned ham, creme fraiche (3) and Phili (a2). Didn't half fill me up tho :)
  • Dinner:- SW chips, chip shop curry and frylight fried tomatoes.
  • Pudding:- Muller light, mint chic HiFi and blueberries
Total 3syns

Last edited:
Well done. I am a daily weigher aswell. I know its bad but I think it motivates.

Our local lady was one of the top ten UK SW consultants (had the biggest group losses) and was amazing. The one that replaced her looks exactly like Marjory Doors (is that the spelling from Little Britain Fat Club!). She has hardly lost anything either. Our group started as about twenty in the summer and so got to know them quite well, then ballooned into over 70 at christmas. After I went back it was completely different people so it didn't feel like my group which is a shame. I will find a new group that I feel more at home in.

Have you tried carrot sticks? Cheap and easy to munch on. I find reaching for those when the nibbles starts helps fend it off.

I have bought carrot sticks before, but they get gobbled up by the kids, my kids love carrots. Its the same with bananas which I also find filling, just can't stay in the fridge long enough to be eaten by me lol
  • Breakfast:- Creamy mushrooms on toast (b) (4syns) went a bit overboard with the crème fraiche as I wasn't concentrating.
  • Lunch:- Potato salad, Peas and smoked Salmon with crème fraiche (3syns)
  • Dinner:- Gammon, Chips, Chip Shop Curry and a squirt of ketchup (1) the OH accidentally put on my plate instead of his.
  • Supper:- Peanut butter (5) and banana sandwich (b2) and 2 oranges a cheeky choc (3syns)
  • Used 7 syns today on crème fraiche, I may have an addiction, I slap it in everything, I know I should swap to low fat yoghurt or something to make it free, but crème fraiche is so much creamier.. It makes anything taste good!!
A cheeky pre lunch weigh in says 24.3, only 1 more lb until I'm my pre Xmas weight, just 2st 5 to go until I'm caught up :-(

Total 16syns

Last edited:
Still starving :-( luckily during this pregnancy I haven't had any severe cravings. If I see donuts on TV I want one, but it only lasts a second or two, I don't start dreaming about it lol. My last pregnancy I wanted anything lemon flavour, not the worst craving to work with.... Feel better in my hips today, I'd attempt a walk, but I've got far too much uni work to do, got a 4000 word assignment due on Wed and only done 1800 and its crap :-( pregnancy has taken my motivation and brain power away...

• Breakfast:- Scrambled Egg with smoked salmon on x2 wholemeal (b) and Marj (2syns)
  • Lunch:- Slimming World Sweetcorn Chowder with a tbsp of crème fraiche (1.5syns)
  • Dinner:- Bacon salad with lettuce, carrot, cheese (a), cucumber, tomato and mayo (2syns)
  • Pudding:- Muller light, banana, x3 oranges and walkers prawn cocktail (6.5syns)
Total 10syns

Last edited:
Morning all, had a bit of a frantic day yesterday which meant I hardly got any assignment work done :-( there is no way I can get it all done in time now so I have asked for an extension, first one I'll have asked for, hopefully they will say yes or I'll fail my course :-(
  • Breakfast:- French toast (b) with a banana
  • Lunch:- Bacon salad with wensleydale, mayo and olives (8.5syns)
  • Dinner:- Roast beef, horseradish with salad (lettuce, tom, cuc, radish), cheese (a), fig & date chutney and mayo
  • Pudding:- mullerlight, hifi bar and oranges
Had my officially weigh in, scales said 24st 4, a 4lb loss :) not as nice as my scales, but I'll take it.

Last edited:
Had a horrible night. Sitting in those village hall chairs for an hour and a half at SW last night was just too much for my hips. Was tossing and turning all night trying to find a comfy position, and of course as soon as I did, it was time to wake up :-( still, the OH dragged me out the house this morning (despite the fact my crutches STILL haven't arrived after I ordered them on 16th Dec) to B&M as we needed some storage boxes for baby clothes we have just dug out the attic. I managed a good 10mins and about a quarter of the shop before I had to call it a day and go sit down, luckily other errands run today involved me sitting in the car waiting for OH. Back to the grind now doing my uni assignment. Update: just heard back that my extension for my assignment has been approved so deep breath and plow on......

• Breakfast:- x2 wholemeal toast (b) with Marj (2syns) and light peanut butter (4syns)
  • Lunch:- Baked sweet potato with tuna, s.onion, radish and mayo (3syns)
  • Dinner:- Meatball and macaroni stew from the SW mag followed by an orange
  • Supper:- Muller light, Mint HiFi (b2) and orange
Total 9 syns

Last edited:
Well finally got a refund through for my crutches, so went into town to get some from Argos (which I should have done to start with). I sat in the car while the OH fetched them for me, then I used them to walk around Iceland. They will take a bit of getting used to and my arms are a bit too fat to fit in them, but hey ho, at least I know I won't get stranded anywhere with nothing to lean on to drag my sorry butt back to the car!!!! Got myself 3 SW microwave meals for days I can't stand and some more chip shop curry....yum

• Breakfast:- oat so simple golden syrup porridge (6.5syns) and milk (a)
  • Lunch:- left over meatball pasta, but all the meatballs had gone :-( with x2 bread (b) and Marj (2syns)
Thought I was being so good buying my SW meal with free Syns, but I always seem hungry after, so I picked up some easy pre prepared veg as well, Mediterranean Veg and Creamed Spinach. My OH cooked me the Creamed Spinach tonight before I had the time to syn it, I knew it would be highish in syns because of the cream, but hell!!!
  • Dinner:- SW Beef in red onion with veg hash and creamed spinach (14.5syns)

Last edited:
Took a bit of motivation to get off my behind this morning to go to Asda, but I managed to walk all the way around and I wasn't in as much pain as I was last week, hopefully I won't seize up and not be able to move tomorrow.

• Breakfast:- x2 toast (b) and Marj (2syns)
  • Lunch:- salad with cheese (a), mayo (2syns) and fig and date chutney (2syns)
  • Dinner:- SW Sweet Potato Curry and med veg (4syns)

Last edited:
  • Breakfast:- x2 toast (b) bacon, brown sauce (2syns) and 2 slices of black pudding (14.5syns) but it needed eating and it was yum
  • Lunch:- salad with cheese (5syns) and mayo (2syns) and Hartley's jelly
  • Snack:- x2 bread (b2) with Phili (a) and houmous (4.5syns) and an orange
  • Dinner:- Lamb steak, mash and med veg (3syns)
Had a really bad day today, its not like me to snack between meals but I've been starving.

• Breakfast:- x2 toast (b) with Marj (2syns) Phili (a)
  • Lunch:- baxters bacon and 3 bean soup (b2)
  • Dinner:- SW cottage pie with a sprinkling of cheese (a2)
  • Supper:- Chip and mayo (2syns)
  • Pudding:- Oranges & milkyway stars (5.5syns)
Total 7.5syns

Last edited:
Well done on the first week loss, I must have missed it. Amazing since you are with bub and all the hips problems and a family to look after well done you!

Was it you who said they used to live in Finland? The client always takes us to a traditional finnish food place, I know reindeer will be on the menu. Any local veggy dishes you can think of that they do that might be on plan? Thought its worth a shot lol

Just been to weigh in and lost 1/2. Really rather chuffed with that, had 2 days of eating like a pregnant woman

@Emmab178 I didn't really eat out a lot in Finland, all i can remember is the meat, reindeer in thin slices, and smoked which is nice, Moose (in steak form but also in meatballs served in a cream sauce that i now try to make at home with beef mince) and there was a restaurant in the city called Harolds or something similar that had a viking theme, the most amazing food ever, it would be worth a holiday back there just to eat in that restaurant. But im afraid i wasnt SWing when out there. The only veg i remember is the cucumber sauce (kurkhu) and a beetroot salad (a bit like coleslaw) but they are prob high in syns

Back