• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Books from car boot sales

I tend to frequent car boot sales in the summer months and buy a lot of my books from here. some of them are virtually brand new and if you are really lucky you can get hard back books for 50p to a £1 a book. Saves you a lot of money.

The only problem is i end up with lots of books and not enough free time to read them!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
I absolutely hate second hand books, there are only 2 sellers on ebay Ill buy books from as they read them once and sell them on.

I hate library books and I just couldnt buy books from a charity shop or car boot sale - would save me a fortune mind you

I totally understand what youre saying there!!! I only buy from one person on ebay,she reads her books once then sells them or she buys them and never gets round to reading them, and sells them.

I get a lot of my books from my friend whos a huge book blogger, she got me into doing reviewing so i get a lot of brand new books for free.

I love brand new books, uncreased spines, crisp pages and they still smell nice, new and free from must. i hate the thought of my books being mauled and molested by several other people :(:(

i like to go to the library,i see books that i may like, read the blurb a few times and skim through a few chapters,if any good, i'll go buy it new.

i see books the same way i see my towels, i could never let someone else use my towels lol

Potatogirl

There is only now
I think that's fine if you are keeping them but frankly I have to have a clear out every so often or I would be one of those women who have a house FULL of books...and little paths to their bed and their kitchen..and their loo..

I used to buy everything in hardback but not now. I pick up decent paperbacks in charity shops/ebay etc..and now I release my paperbacks when I've read them.

Have you used Book Crossing? It's fun. Never found one but someone contacted me from Denmark to say that a friend of theirs had picked up and passed on to them a copy of Carpe Jugulum I'd left on a 75 bus...so people do take them. Initially I was concerned about the "littering" aspect of it - but as long as you do it in a suitable environment I guess it's ok.

You're all going to start shouting at me now aren't you?;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World 2
Slimming World 3
Weight Loss Diaries 0
Slimming World Off Topic 2
Book Club 3