Booo, Tesco bars

MiniMoosh

Mooshing back
Just went in Tesco to grab some Ultraslim bars- they've been at £2.54 a box of three, with 3 for 2 so worked out at approx 56p per bar. 3 for 2 has ended- and the box is now £2.99! So £1 a bar, not worth it now. What a shame, they really helped cut the cost!

Just went in Tesco to grab some Ultraslim bars- they've been at £2.54 a box of three, with 3 for 2 so worked out at approx 56p per bar. 3 for 2 has ended- and the box is now £2.99! So £1 a bar, not worth it now. What a shame, they really helped cut the cost!
th offer finished 31st jan... i stocked up on 6 boxes lol im sure it will be back soon maybe

Well.... they are not 'allowed' as such but are very similar and plenty of people use them. I have plenty of S&S bars but I really like the Tesco ones. I also use Biggest Loser meal bars, for a change.

You probably wouldn't want to use them on a 5 per day diet Suzie as they are much higher in calories and carbs than the S&S ones.

Moosh - when I bought them ages and ages ago they were on 2 for £3.50. I bet they go back on a different offer very soon - just keep an eye on the online grocery site to see.

I noticed that and I left empty handed!!! An increase of approx 20% on the normal price!!!

xx

Thanks for the heads up Moosh, i was planning on getting some as we have a day out soon and i feel they would be a bit more substantial, as we will be travelling so cannot makes shakes or meals :( I guess i will wait till nearer the time and hope they are on offer and pick some up for occasions like this.

Mind you on saying that on a day out we would usually spend on bits to eat and i take a bag with sarnies and fruit and stuff in so i will still be saving lol even at £1.00 a bar hehe!!

I agree if your using them when your out and about they are much more filling on a normal day i carnt get through a full one i have to spread it over the day. Never managed to get hold of the raspberry one,anbody else managed and if so what was it like ? x

the raspberry one is nice, very berry-flavour with white choc instead of milk.

I think at £1 a bar they are still pretty good value compared to most things you can buy out, or even take with you. If they don't go on offer again soon I'm sure I'll buy them when I run out- I have 9 left, so even if I have one a day (which I won't, I like to have actual S&S ones in between!) I still have enough for 9 days!

In unrelated news, BL bars are still £1.50 at Asda. I went for Coke zero and got a few- yes I know, double standards but they are much more of a 'treat' when I'm really really fed up or need a bar to have in public that looks liek a choc bar rather than a MRP. Does that even make sense?

They were on offer quite a lot of last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not again in the next few weeks! Think I'll hang tight.

Back