Welcome to my diary :D

Here's a few things about me;-

• I'm weight 'challenged'
  • I'm a stress head
  • I wish I was at least 3 sizes smaller than I am now
  • I need to lose weight for my health
  • I'm a mother of 2 grown up children
  • I love my family :D
So from today, I'm going to write down my experiences on Slimming World, my own journey, so girls and guys, watch this space, ohhh by the way, Mr Boo has started Slimming World with me, so this is our very first day on our journey to a slimmer, healthier us! Boo xx

Day 2 - Thursday 19 May 2011

Well were coming to the end of day 2 and to my surprise its been easier than what I thought it would be (don't ask me what I thought it was going to be like cos I really hadn't got a clue!).

Mr Boo has taken to the diet much easier than yesterday, I dragged him kicking and screaming to group on Tuesday (teehee!), when I called him yesterday at lunch time I asked what he was going to have and he said "hmmm well I've just eaten a bowl of dust!", blimey!

He went fishing today and actually made a salad for himself, he even synned his pint of lager!!

I think this is going to be a bloomin competition between the both of us now! Bring it on!!!

Anyhoo, I digress, today has been a good day slimming world wise - work has been a pain as per usual - I'm still a stress head - nothing new there then!

Tonight we had a pork stir fry with egg noodles it was delicious although my son decided to pick everything out of it and just eat the noodles, typical teenager :rolleyes: After a lecture about wasting food, and him glaring at me, he's gone back up to his bedroom - same 'ol same 'ol :flirt2:

Oh another thing I've learned - to make a good poached egg, get a piece of cling film enough to cover the inside of a cup and over it. Crack an egg and into it and then twist the cling film together to make a little sack. Plop 'sack' into boiling water and hey presto 5 mins later, a lovely poached egg. :D:D

Anyhoo, today both me and Mr Boo have had a good sw day, hope you all have too! Boo xx

p.s. all Mr Boo caught while fishing was a rock - and not the eel kind! :p

Hi Boo, Welcome :)

Glad to hear the plan is going well for you, the pork stir fry sounds yummy. Have you seen the feature on Asian inspired noodle dishes in the new magazine? I haven't tried any of the recipes yet but they look really good.

Thanks for the tip on the poached egg! I quite often fancy my eggs poached but it's so hit and miss with me whether they will turn out right I usually end up scrambling them - will definitely try the cling film trick!

Are you going to group or following the plan at home?

Best of luck for the week ahead :)

Hiya Clareel

Thank you for the welcome :D

I'm going to a class, we started this week (tbh I've done this diet many times :eek:) Mr Boo hasn't done it before so we chose a club where I hadn't been before so it feels brand new to me too! Hopefully this time I'll do it!

I bought the magazine this week but haven't read it yet. Our consultant went through it and the recipes look delicious!

How are you doing slimming world? In a group or at home? Have you lost much yet? Boo x

Ah that's a good idea going to a new class so everything is like new! It's great you know the plan though and that your husband is doing it too - always helps to have some support I think.

The magazine is great, I've just made the cannelloni for tea which was absolutely amazing - would highly recommend it.

I'm going to group too, I don't think I would stick to it otherwise! I've lost just over 4 and a half stone all together so it's going quite well, still got another 2ish to go though.

x

Wow well done on your weight loss Clareel bet your chuffed, I know I would be!

The cannelloni sounds fab I'll have a better look at the magazine today. Boo xx

Day 3 - Friday 20th May 2011

Another day begins and another early start at work :(

Anyhoo I've already eaten one alpen bar and just tucking into a lovely activia yogurt. Hmm suppose I'd better do some work! :D See's ya laters! Boo xx

All I can say is thank god its Friday! What a day! Its been sooo busy at work and I'm exhausted.

Still going strong on SW, this afternoon I had a cheese salad and some melon and tonight we had salmon, veg and new potatoes cooked by my lovely Mr Boo, he's such a sweetie lol

Had an emergency this morning, my son who went fishing with Mr Boo yesterday got bit by a gnat and this morning at work I got a phone call to say his arm had swollen up. So after a quick visit to the medical walk-in centre, he's now on antibiotics, periton and some cream, they also drew a line round the bite and said if it got bigger than that to go to a&e. He's asleep now I think the periton has knocked him out.

Oh and Mr Boo thinks he's got slight sun stroke from yesterday which could be true seeing the colouring of his face and neck!

Anyhoo, all in all another exciting day in the boo household :D p.s. why does my dog always want to slip on my lap everytime im on my lap top?! Boo xx

Ok it's nearly 5 am and I can't sleep, what's wrong with me? I want, no correction, I NEED a lay in. Darn Me!!!!! Ok off to play Farmville. Boo xxxxx

Morning Boo, I've been up since silly o'clock too - I'd have popped on sooner if I'd known I wasn't the only one!

You sound really motivated and its great that Mr Boo is doing it with you too. My OH is also trying to lose weight - at first he was full of 'I don't need a plan, I'm just healthy eating' but he is slowly asking more questions 'so is this ok on SW' and 'so you can really eat as many baked beans / mushy peas etc on SW as you like?' so he is coming round slowly!! All his meals have been SW friendly anyway, its just his HEs, bread in particular that are larger portions than they should be. Thats OK though, gives me a chance to catch up as he was about 6lbs ahead of me in term of losses in the beginning but we're now neck and neck - nothing like a bit of friendly competition!!!

Thanks for the poached egg tip, I love a poached one but can never get it right so I'm going to try this method!

Take care lovely and have a fab day - I'm gonna get dressed in a mo, pop to the shops early and then not much planned after that - dodging the showers by the looks of the sky here!!

Day 5 - Sunday 22 May 2011

Hiya Cherry-Pie

Hope your weekend has been fab so far, no probs about the poached egg, I got the tip from come dine with me and have been using it ever since!

Well yesterday was really busy for both Mr Boo and myself as we had a joint family 60th and 18th Birthday party, so we spent all day doing the buffet and helping set up the hall. It was a great night but the diet was giving a bit of a bashing :eek: hope it won't do too much harm on the weight loss front, I suppose we'll know on Tuesday night.

We've been good today though, we had a nice chicken salad at lunch time and tonight we've got a prawn salad, no syns for me today to try and claw back some of the damage from last night.

But the best and most important part of this weekend is that my lovely daughter came to stay, she lives in Devon now with her boyfriend and we miss her sooo much, but I'm so glad she is happy - she's on this site too but doing a very different diet to sw, who know's she might pop up on this thread! :D She has lost loads of weight - practically half her body weight!

Mr Boo is becoming a dab hand at this diet, he's only been on it for 5 days and he knows more than me :eek: and i've been doing it for years!

Anyhoo, I hope everyone's weekend is going well, take care Boo xx

Last edited:
Hmmm just had my salad it was delicious, thanks Mr Boo for making it so tasty :D he's looking at syn free dips now, its soooo much better with both of us doing this diet together :angel09:Boo xx

Hiya Boo.

Thanks for that tip for poached egg. Brilliant. I luv it!
I'm on day 3 so far. Got my first WI thurs. Good luck this week.

XxJulesxX

Hey Boo, sounds like you had a lovely weekend, fab family party and your daughter home - sounds like she is a real inspiration on the weight loss front!

I'm glad you hubby is being supportive, it really does make all the difference. I make a lovely layered dip if you don't mind using a HEA and a couple of syns (its an adaptation of my canadian SIL's lovely but very very synful dip!):
Mix a few tablespoons of extra light mayo (syns) with an equal amount of quark, season with s&p and put in the bottom of a ceramic dish (mine is about 7" across and about 3" deep). Finely chop 6 tomatos, a red or green pepper, a red chilli and half a bunch of spring onions and layer over the quark mix. On top of this add 84g (2xHEAs) low far cheddar and finally add the rest of the spring onions finely sliced. Leave to stand for an hour if you can and eat with salad, raw veggies, HE crispbread etc. You can either count approx 15 syns for the whole thing and use it to serve up to about 8 people at just 2 syns each or have it as part of a meal with salad, steak etc for a HEA and approx 1.5 syns (for the mayo)

Also good and syn free is raitia - mix natural yogurt, chopped mint, tsp sweetner, tsp cumin and tsp tumeric.

I hope these two help!!!

Catch up soon xxx

Hiya Boo.

Thanks for that tip for poached egg. Brilliant. I luv it!
I'm on day 3 so far. Got my first WI thurs. Good luck this week.

XxJulesxX

Your welcome :D and good luck to you to! Let me know how you get on. Boo xx

Hey Boo, sounds like you had a lovely weekend, fab family party and your daughter home - sounds like she is a real inspiration on the weight loss front!

I'm glad you hubby is being supportive, it really does make all the difference. I make a lovely layered dip if you don't mind using a HEA and a couple of syns (its an adaptation of my canadian SIL's lovely but very very synful dip!):
Mix a few tablespoons of extra light mayo (syns) with an equal amount of quark, season with s&p and put in the bottom of a ceramic dish (mine is about 7" across and about 3" deep). Finely chop 6 tomatos, a red or green pepper, a red chilli and half a bunch of spring onions and layer over the quark mix. On top of this add 84g (2xHEAs) low far cheddar and finally add the rest of the spring onions finely sliced. Leave to stand for an hour if you can and eat with salad, raw veggies, HE crispbread etc. You can either count approx 15 syns for the whole thing and use it to serve up to about 8 people at just 2 syns each or have it as part of a meal with salad, steak etc for a HEA and approx 1.5 syns (for the mayo)

Also good and syn free is raitia - mix natural yogurt, chopped mint, tsp sweetner, tsp cumin and tsp tumeric.

I hope these two help!!!

Catch up soon xxx

Thanks cherry-pie they both sound scrummy will have to try them soon! Hope your day is going well, I'm feeling hungry today and I don't know why, I guess its because I had 2 salads yesterday :sigh: whow knows?! Anyhoo just eaten a ham and cheese salad and if I do say so myself it was bloody lovely! Boo xx

Day 6 - Monday 23 May 2011

Hope everyone is having a good day! Mine has been okish so far although I have felt pretty peckish today. Thankfully I'm at work so have stuck to what I have brought in with me.

Mr Boo sent me a lovely picture of his breakfast this morning! A cheese and mushroom omelette, much better than my yogurt and alpen light bar! Hmm me thinks I'll be getting him up from bed early so he can make my bloomin breakfast in the morning! :p

We've got a nice piece of fish each tonight with new potatoes and veg and I've bought some of those shape desserts for later, white chocolate or caramel.....hmmm yummy!

Keep on trucking everyone! :D:D:D:D Boo xx

Hiya Boo,

Tks for the post in my diary. Doing great so far. Had a bit of a treat day yesterday with the BF. Didn't go ova my syns though. Been banking them up. Feeling really positive about the diet this time. I'd luv to be slimmer for the summer.

Have a good day hun.

XxJulesxxX

Hiya Jules

Your welcome :D hope your day is going well. Its great to have a treat day every now and then especially when you know you've banked enough syns to do it.

Mr Boo is making roasted haddock from the magazine it smells lovely.

I don't know what I'll do when he goes back to work lol :p

Anyhoo, I'm off to get an avatar... how hard can that be lol Boo xx

Well that was harder than I thought it would be :eek: lol xx Boo xx

Back