BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

Wow! I've just strted day 2 and have been reading diaries. You have a very similar start weight and height to me, so I'll be hoping to follow your path. You have done so well. My weight loss seems like an enormous amount at the moment that I need to have some mini goals!

I think I get the STS trophy at the moment BG...it's the 16th day for me now :-(

I have recently reduced my stepped up calories from 800 to 750 and this seems to be helping me - probably an illusion because why would 50 cals make any difference?!

Stepped up or stepped down?

Maka, tell me when yours move please as I should be 5 days behind you! It's odd as we both had a relatively recent break so it's not like we've gone months and our metabolisms have gone on strike.

BordersGirl said:
Stepped up or stepped down?.

Stepped down the stepped up value. Should be clear now(!)

you have done so well im sure you will have a big weight loss very soon

Stepped up or stepped down?

Maka, tell me when yours move please as I should be 5 days behind you! It's odd as we both had a relatively recent break so it's not like we've gone months and our metabolisms have gone on strike.

0.6lbs down this morning hun. You're right...it's odd and annoying. Anyway, let's just get on with it, at our trademark snail pace x

Oh, so 5 more days and my scales should move Maka! You're right, we'd never win any races in the diet game :). We will get there in the end tho! My scales did actually more this am but unfortunately upwards - I was 0.8lbs heavier than yesterday. Lol.

So, after 14 days of STS I decided to have a break off plan over the weekend to try to give my metabolism a kick up the a**e. I had intended to up the calories to around 1200 or so and stay in ketosis by keeping carbs low. I did take the opportunity to try out some low net carb things I had bought from the LCMS but after having several of these on Sat they seemed to kick me out of ketosis even though the net carbs were well below 60. So after that I didn't worry too much about carbs. One thing to note though is the effect that polyols have on me! I wasn't able to stray too far from the loo last night as the laxative effect warning on the packets definitely played out for real! It was a novelty to manage to go without resorting to the pico perles although A happy medium would be preferable!

So tomorrow I'm back to work and restarting. Although I'm sure I will have gained some out of ketosis weight during my time off I hope that I will lose that quite quickly. With any luck my body will keep on going and will start to shift some 'new' weight too.

Next break is a day off for a friend's hen do at the end of May. Hope I can shift a few pounds before then.

Good to have your update - and best wishes for some shedding this week, lovely BG.

good luck , hope it does the trick

similar thing happened to me this weeknd

yesterday i had 3 atkins bars

and for dinner , ham slices , 1 egg, 2 thin slices of cheese and s and s mushroom pasta

so although my days calories went over 1000, if you consider the net carbs of the atkins bars , should have been well under 60 carbs

Got up this morning and the scales have jumped up 2lb , not totm and def not constipated so this can only be water which means ive kicked myself out too

it doesnt really add up , I do log atkins bars with total carbs but in the back of my mind I always think of the net carbs so really i should have been ok

really annoyed becasue my next target was only 1lb away and was hoping to hit it tomoro , now its 3lb away

Im laying off the atkins bars for a few days , or at least if I do have to have one , just the one a day , not least becasue I cant stop going to the toilet , but I also dont trust this net carbs business

I have a large stash of s and s packs that i should be working my way through anyway

let me know the effect on your weight BG , so disheartening when you are sure you have lost and see a big jump up , thats the evil side to ketosis I suppose

Weighed in at 11st 13.2lbs this am so that's 1.6lbs up due to coming out of ketosis. If it's anything like previous weekends when I've had a short break the scales have continued going up a little for the next couple of days before falling so we shall see.

So today was back on track with a s
hake, bar, bran crispbread (my new daily addition to the diet to help with fibre intake), cucumber, protein snack bar, 2 poached eggs and mushrooms. A fraction under 800 calories. If I'm still 11st 11lbs in a week's time a ritual burning of my S&S packs will be in order

;)

oh you are off them altogether are you ?

Im still having one or two a day particularly the porridge , I just never seem to tire of it , plus the alternative a bowl of cereal which was always one of my weaknesses or toast which is my other weakness , so it keeps me relatively on the straight and narrow.

Im sts today at the extra 2lb so if im good today hope to see that go back down tomoro , seriously this is too much like bloody hard work isnt it ,

I think Ill have to settle for a goal of 10 stone rather than 9 and a half , my body just loves being 11 stone so there is no way im going to convince it that it should be less than 10

still didnt get the treadmill out over the weekend , what a waste of money that was

Off what altogether? S&S? I'm still having a shake and a bar during the day (3 packs at weekends including porridge usually) and then I have a bigger evening meal with more calories than a pack and quite often a snack like a Babybel Light, protein snack bar or whatever. Comes out at around 800 or just below during the week, and just over 800 with the extra pack at weekends. Had a prawn stir fry tonight - 100g prawns, stir fry veg mix, mushrooms. 150 calories and I was stuffed!

Lol re the treadmill. When I read that you were going to use it I thought about whether I would use it if I had our one here still, and decided that I wouldn't, and that you wouldn't either ;).

lol dont give up on me yet , Im waiting for the nice weather so I can run on it with the back door open and the wind in my hair and pretend Im outside he he

So it's taken 4 days but I'm finally back to 11 stone 11 and it's 11.0lbs so 0.6lbs lower than where I got to before my 4 day break and a smidge away from seeing a 10lb number on the scales. After seeing that damn 11 11 number for over a fortnight I will be very glad to see the back of it. Move scales, damn you!

Glad to see you back again - now fingers crossed for losses for you!

Down to 11st 10.4lbs at WI this am, my lowest yet, and it means that I lost 1.4lbs since my last lowest 2 weeks ago, and 2.8lbs since WI last week (took a 4 day break to try to shake things up a bit). Tantalisingly close to being within my last stone - just 0.4lbs to go. This last bit is proving to be a struggle but I'm trying to stay focused and keep my mind on the end goal.

Low carb bran crispbreads are working a treat - have needed no laxatives at all since :)

Last edited:
That's good news. When I had that rough 24 day stall, I drew inspiration from the way you just kept at it. The scales have been kind to me since then and this morning, I'm at 12st 3lbs. That leaves me 1st 3lbs away from goal. And it was stopping the exercise that got the scales to budge. Well, onwards and downwards we go...

Thanks Maka - you inspired me too. I thought that if you could do it then I could too. Bit more movement on the scales this am too - 13.2lbs to go for me now. Go us :)

Back