Bouillon... Love It? Hate It?

hiya guys, i just posted about this on the main board. apparently it doesnt replace the shakes. you can have it as a drink, but only allowed 1 teaspoon a day :)

thanks Amy x

Well I tried a cup today and can't say I'm too impressed. It's a shame because I was looking forward to something savoury and yummy! :p Ah well, horses for courses and all that, I'm sure a lot of people would love it

you can buy it from most supermarkets, in the stock/gravy section. Ideally you need the low salt version, which is only available in bigger supermarkets. All you do is add a teaspoon to a mug of hot water and stir :)

can u have it on ss... ???

Hi there
I am probably really being stupid but are we talking about the vegetable savoury powder stuff = that i have just shoved into the back of my cupboard or something else. The stuff that you are all buying from the supermarkets could you tell me what it is?
Thanks new to sight and do not have a clue Miss America

It's not strictly allowed on SS, but if you do have it, make sure it is the low salt version and only 1 teaspoon a day. I would also wait until you are well into Ketosis before having it.

Miss America - yes, it's that vegetable powdery stuff in your cupboard! It's usually used in casseroles and soups and stuff

Just had a cup of the Marigold bouillon as i had it in my cupboard anyway...nope, sorry, it's just like drinking a big cup of vegetable stock, not my thing at all! :grumble:

hiya guys, i just posted about this on the main board. apparently it doesnt replace the shakes. you can have it as a drink, but only allowed 1 teaspoon a day :)

As quoted above....is it just one teaspoon if you're using the supermarket one, or can you only have limited amounts of the proper CD one........?

Furry, it should strictly be the CD one, but having the odd teaspoon of the supermarket one isn't going to do much harm, especially if it's the lower salt one. The only problem is that it is quite salty, which makes a lot of people retain more water. That's why they limit the amount xx

I've bought my first tub of the Vegetable Bouillon today after my CDC let me try some after my WI. I have a very sweet tooth, so have been quite happy having my sweet shakes (hot or mousse) and the occasional bar. But this will make a very welcome change :). Have also bought 1 soup this week just to try (have not tried any of the soups yet) and have ordered some flavours of the shakes I have not had before, just to keep things interesting ;). Then when doing the rounds in Tesco, saw a tub of the Marigold Bouillon which is rather a lot cheaper than the CD stuff (!!!), so have bought a tub of that as well :eek:.

Soon2bslimmer x

I love it.
I bought some from my CDC after trying some of hers. I love savory things and this is perfect for me, since I really miss my coffee's but can't stand to drink it without milk.

Back