Boyfriend Sabotage?

It sounds like he's afraid in a way of you losing weight. This is a common fear. Like if you suddenly drop 3 stone that you won't be interested in him anymore. He mightn't believe that you're doing it for your health, or to be able to shop in 'normal' shops? Its taken you a while to get your head around the fact you really want to lose the weight this time- don't expect him to get there just because you want him to, or he feels you want him to. I think a lot of reassurance is called for, and lots of praise when he is encouraging or helpful to you?

My oh is terrible and although he knows how much i want the weight off he still brings home kinder buenos and omg ilove them. But paul mckenna does state eat what you want as long as you enjoy it and only until your full.
So i had weetabix last night and a bueno and was pleasantly full and he said did i want another - and i said no im full thanks and he left it.

It s just having to be strong.

why dont you start cooking unhealthyish meals at home? thats what we do, about once or twice a week we have home made take aways,pizzas, fish and chips! I live with 4 other people and their not overweight, its far better than the ones you buy, especially the pizzas! and your not diprived, you just have to watch portion sizes and unhealthy junk food afterwards, you can also say to him what your eating tonight, then he wont buy anything if he knows your cooking.

also, its best to leave him to it if he doesnt want to loose weight, he has to want to loose weight for himself, it requires will power, maybe hes not ready yet, theres no point in discussing it too much it can get boring for him he might feel fed up, and I know what you mean about him eating unhealthy food around you, it happens to me with my house mates and my gran has cakes and treats, sometimes i say no and sometimes yes but this time im going to be a bit stronger because i keep picturing summer.

Last edited:
Back