Braceing myself !

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
OMG 2 meals out, one on Saturday and the other yesturday and the scales show a 51/2lb GAIN, woops!

I know it won't be ALL fat, but flippin heck, just shows what eating butter, cream and rich curries etc can do in a couple of days. Going to go for damage limitation now for the rest of the week till Fridays weigh-in, and hope for a STS. I will be ok with that, even a small gain I can live with this week Oh yes I have another meal out on Thursday eek! Oh well, that will be it till christmas dinner then, and then back to it with heart and soul thrown in.

Hope you are all doing ok.

Hi you can't have put on 5 and 1/2lbs in a week, to do that you would have to consume an additional 19250 calories to the ones you need just to STS so you will find if you stay off the scales and go back to the diet it will come off again in a couple of days.

When you go out on thursday, try to avoid the high fat options if you can, drink plenty of water with your meal, skip the bread rolls (about 200+ cals each) and perhaps have a fruit salad instead of the cheesecake. I know its hard but its worth it.

HTH

Last edited:
Awe, thanks hun for the words of wisdom. I'm having steak on thursday and I can visit the salad cart and avoid the chips, its at the harvester so at least I can make wise (er) choices there. I've chosen pate to start with as its the only time of the year I eat it and am looking forward to it, but think I may skip the desert and get my hubby to pick me up a bit early to get out of it. To be honest I don't realy want to go to it at all, but these things you have to do don't you.
Anyway, thanks for the reply to post and have a good rest of the day.

Well not brilliant result at weigh-in today but not as bad as expected 2.6lb gain! Never mind, got a week till next festive meal so hopefully pull back a bit more this week for damage limitation.

just keep going, we all have bad weeks and at least you know why you've gained weight and not said ... 'I don't know why, i havent done anything different'

Back