Brand New Here, Diet Re-Starter

Hey Everyone, Literally just joined this minute. I found this site from google when I was trying to discover the pro-points value of a 500ml bottle of Kopparberg Mixed Fruit Cider :)

I was on Weight Watchers 5 years ago and lost 3.5 Stone, never reached my goal weight but became really content with my size. Then a stream of bad relationships later and I am pretty much back to the weight and size I was at when I first began weight watchers.

I'll admit this new pro-points plan seems to be working quite slowly for me and is getting me down a lot.

hi :)

I've just joined very recently - a bit like you its a restart!

I did SW last year and very nearly got to my target weight and then with work decided to go it alone for the last few pounds... It didn't go that way!

I've not rejoined but I'm hoping that I will get enough support on this site to keep me on track this time :)

I've had a good read though some of the other threads and everyone seems very friendly :D

Hi!
No, I haven't been attending any classes/meetings as I very, very shy and can never even bring myself to stay once being weighed. Admittedly, the first time around on the original points plan when I lost all that weight I had been going to classes.
I've been doing it online and my boyfriend has been doing it with me, even though he actually doesn't need to lose weight but his signing up has helped quite a lot.

Now that you mention it though, I might try going to meetings again. It would probably give me an extra motivational kick.

In the last couple of years I have attended both SW and WW classes - not at the same time. I felt the support of the leader and the class members worth staying for the class session. I always come away feeling very motivated and even the weeks when I have put on I have felt positive.

Worth giving it a try.

Irene xx

Hi to everyone here. I am new too, having joined last night. I have dieted in the past and sadly due to my having no will power I haven't stuck to it very long. This past weekend I attended a charity fancy dress evening. I could find absolutely nothing to fit, which depressed me, and I eventually had to opt for a dress (which was designed kinda like 1970's fashion) however i looked and felt like a sack of potatoes. I NEVER ever want to feel again how I felt all day Saturday. So, now more than ever I am determined to shed my unwanted pounds. I have taken out all of my old slimming club books and opted for slimming world. I am not sure whether or not I will go to a class at the moment, the most convenient class for me is not until the end of the week, and I am ready to go now. No more excuses. I wish you all good luck with your weight loss and am so happy to have found this web site, where everyone appears to be very supportive of each other ... you cant beat genuine support ... so a huge thank you to you all for being here ... and I wish you all a good healthy positive fun week ahead.

Hi Aeris
I'm a new starter, like you. I'm also determined to get to target weight. I just need to work on the willpower! Good luck and keep posting, I look forward to following your journey x

Back