Brand New Starter Needs Help

Barbie2B

Hello All,

I have spent the last couple of months reading up on LL & CD and watched a couple of friends drop copious amounts of weight on the LL. If I had not seem them do it I would not have believed it was possible. I then found this site and wow..the inspirational thread is truly fantastic and a very well done to every one.

So having done my reasearch I have decided to join CD starting January 7th and meeting with the counsellor on 5th Jan. I have 5 stones to lose. However a couple of questions ...

I have two main weakness, sometimes I have trouble going to sleep at night and I find a glass of wine or Sherry does the trick, I have just read that alchol is a no no...I really need to find an alternative.

Secondly I am not usually a chocolate eater however couple of days before TOM I have a very unhealthy craving for choclates which must be satisfied this only lasts for two days and then back to normal.

So can i get away with any of these or can anyone suggest anything...many many thanks....

try the choco bar meals they taste like chocolate so 1 prob solved .u may find as u lose weight you may sleep easier i did fingers crossed xxx try to cut down the carbs the week or so before u start makes the first couple of days easier all the best

Hi Barbie2B

As you already know the alcohol is a big no no on CD - I've read on here peoples bad experiences of alcohol and CD, it just doesn't go :(

As for the chocolate thing - there are choc shakes, choc ready made shakes, choc & mint shakes (delish), as well as bars that are covered in chocolate. I find if I fancy a bit of chocolate a choc mint shake usually hits the spot - hopefully there will be something in the CD range that will work for you too.

Welcome to Minimins this is such a fantastic site - it has kept me busy, away from the kitchen and on the right track many a time :D

Good look for your new year start!

I used to crave chocolate at totm pre-CD but not since, so you should be okay.

Hope all goes well

Thank you all for you help, looking forward to starting., I was not sure if I could have any form of chocolate on SS, however I guess if chocs are avaliable then that should do the trick...:)

Hi Barbie, There are a lot of Choc flavoured things available, my favorite thing was a hot choc ready made drink called a tetra, just before bed, made me all warm and cosy x

Barbie - Congratulations on making such a great decision! You'll never look back.

The Hooch is a definite no no - after you've been on the Sole Source program for a while, a tiny amount of alcohol will have you feeling horrible.

I also used to sit up until silly o clock in the morning, but since I have been eating 500 cals a day on SS, I find myself wanting bed at about 10-10:30 ish. Remember, instead of eating to many calories you'll hardly be having any at all. The body will make you tired (you'll also notice your hands and feet feeling a bit colder, so grab yourself some gloves and slippers!)

As for the chocolate cravings: The chocolate bars are *lovely*, and you can also purchase jelly powder from your CDC - add that to the choco millshake mix and you have a mousse that really hits the spot.

I've been on this crazyness for 8 weeks now - best decision I've ever made. :) and the people on here are so supportive and knowledgeable!

Hi Barbie! CD is fantastic - you'll have lost your 5 stone by summer if you stick at it x

As far as sleeping, I used to have problems getting off to sleep and then waking up loads during the night. Since starting the diet I have more energy but come about 10.30pm I get really tired, as soon as my head hits the pillow that's it until the morning, it's fantastic!

I used to crave chocolate around TOTM, but since CD I haven't missed chocolate one bit, although like others have said there are bars that are coated in chocolate if you need a fix!

Keep us informed with your progress!

Corinne x

Hiya Barbie

Just wanted to agree with what everyone else has already said but also to give you a couple of other suggestions as well.

Re: Night time drink - I find that a hot Vanilla Shake, with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon (fabulous appetite suppressant!) and a half of a chocolate tetra makes the most gorgeous, thick and almost malty bedtime drink. Very good for settling down at night.

Re: TOTM sweet craving - this was always my downfall too. However, we do Summer Berry and Sunshine Orange water flavourings which are usually used to flavour your water if you need a break from plain water. I tend to use these like sherbert at TOTM - a few finger dips and that's my sugar/sweet craving dealt with and, of course, the best thing is that it makes you want to drink more water!!

Good luck - you sound very determined :)

Hi there, just wanted to say welcome. Get yourself through the first week--I promise you won't regret it.

As for the chocolate TOTM thing--well, carbs are addictive little blighters. Once you get yourself into ketosis, you may well find that the craving for chocolate goes altogether. Have to say, I've just spent my first Christmas being completely unbothered by the open tin of Quality Street. Weird :D

You'll probably find you sleep better too. Getting to sleep on CD has never been too much of a problem, whereas before I used to lie awake for hours sometimes. I think being calorie depleted (even though it doesn't feel like it, honest!) is more tiring for the body--so naturally, sleep comes easier.

Tell yourself that you're going to commit to CD for a minimum of 14 days, to let yourself get into ketosis and get over the carb withdrawal stage. And after that--it gets a whole lot easier. You'll see ;)

Good luck--and Happy New Year, hon

Back