Bread:)

natlou79

I ve just tried making dukan bread with yeast in it and its turned out like a shrivelled up dog toy! lol i dont know what ive done wrong:( Any advice as im sat here starving! lol

O no I do the microwave bread recipe which doesn't include yeast and its been good

Heres the recipe x
Dukan Bread in the Microwave

2 tb oatbran
1 tb quark
1 egg
1 level ts baking powder
small pinch of salt if preferred

Mix all ingredients and beat well. pour into a microwaveable dish with straight sides (I used one of those plastic takeaway dishes).

Microwave on full power for 3 mins. you may need to adjust the time. at 800W I took mine out after 2mins 30 secs and it was done.

Take out of dish and leave to cool on a rack. It comes out very moist and somewhat 'rubbery', but quite a light spongy open texture. I left it out to cool & dry out a bit overnight. Depending on the size and shape of your dish you should be able to slice it convincingly for 'sandwiches'. I also make iti n silicone muffin cases (5 or 6) and munch those through a day.

Note: this contains ALL your bran allowance for a day so if you eat the lot then no other porridge, galette or cake allowed...

O and I don't leave mine eat it straight away x

No problem at all xx nice and quick too x

I also make the microwave bread but use just 1tbsp of oatbran because I like to use the other 1tbsp for my morning porridge! :)

Red Heart said:
I also make the microwave bread but use just 1tbsp of oatbran because I like to use the other 1tbsp for my morning porridge! :)

That's a really good idea thank you never thought of that x

To be honest I don't put the bicarbonate in x

Do you not? might not put it in...doesnt make it taste nice at all! even my 10 month old who eats everything in site wanted some and spat it straight out! lol

Yeah I added it once but it didn't make it rise any better so dont bother plus I hate the taste too x

Just a quick note: baking powder is NOT the same as bicarbonate of soda (=baking SODA). Baking Powder is much milder, in taste and in raising power. If you use baking SODA I'd not use more than maybe 1/4 of a teaspoon or indeed it gives it an odd (but not salty) taste and big bubbles.

I've Made that mistake with baking soda! Tasted disgusting, I tried this recipe yesterday though and it was great, my first successful attempt at dukan bread!

Jade25 said:
I've Made that mistake with baking soda! Tasted disgusting, I tried this recipe yesterday though and it was great, my first successful attempt at dukan bread!

Fab news xx i even do my galette in the microwave now ...less mess ...yes I'm that lazy x

Back