• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Bread:)

O no I do the microwave bread recipe which doesn't include yeast and its been good

Heres the recipe x
Dukan Bread in the Microwave

2 tb oatbran
1 tb quark
1 egg
1 level ts baking powder
small pinch of salt if preferred

Mix all ingredients and beat well. pour into a microwaveable dish with straight sides (I used one of those plastic takeaway dishes).

Microwave on full power for 3 mins. you may need to adjust the time. at 800W I took mine out after 2mins 30 secs and it was done.

Take out of dish and leave to cool on a rack. It comes out very moist and somewhat 'rubbery', but quite a light spongy open texture. I left it out to cool & dry out a bit overnight. Depending on the size and shape of your dish you should be able to slice it convincingly for 'sandwiches'. I also make iti n silicone muffin cases (5 or 6) and munch those through a day.

Note: this contains ALL your bran allowance for a day so if you eat the lot then no other porridge, galette or cake allowed...

Red Heart

Back on the Dukan wagon!
I also make the microwave bread but use just 1tbsp of oatbran because I like to use the other 1tbsp for my morning porridge! :)

Red Heart said:
I also make the microwave bread but use just 1tbsp of oatbran because I like to use the other 1tbsp for my morning porridge! :)
That's a really good idea thank you never thought of that x

Yeah I added it once but it didn't make it rise any better so dont bother plus I hate the taste too x

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
Just a quick note: baking powder is NOT the same as bicarbonate of soda (=baking SODA). Baking Powder is much milder, in taste and in raising power. If you use baking SODA I'd not use more than maybe 1/4 of a teaspoon or indeed it gives it an odd (but not salty) taste and big bubbles.

Jade25 said:
I've Made that mistake with baking soda! Tasted disgusting, I tried this recipe yesterday though and it was great, my first successful attempt at dukan bread!
Fab news xx i even do my galette in the microwave now ...less mess ...yes I'm that lazy x