Break Days?

Hey all!!

How does anyone feel about having a break day once a week?

I am now on day 17. Have been 100% other than 2 days. My OH has been on it with me and we're usually a bad influence on each other so agreed to cave as usual.. Both 'cheat days' I had 2 slices of pizza with reduced fat cheese instead of my soup.. One of those days mayy have had a cheeky bit of ice cream but half the amount I normally would.. Likely something similar will happen again this weekend but from this saturday will be on the last week where I should be having a bit more any way.

Does anyone else have a day off in the week? I haven't really noticed ketosis tbh since I started and was 100% for the first 9 days..

The odd transgression doesn't seem to make a lot of difference but you need to be careful......... it can be a slippery slope as some of us well know!

Honestly mate you are only cheating yourself, it will not work if you do not stick to it. I know it is hard....very hard and the weekends are the worst. So before you cave why not do something else that doesn't involve food such as going shopping in town and buying something with what a takeaway or similar would have cost you , a Cd/dvd or something. it will pass a few hours or if the evenings are the problem why not go to the pictures to see something then go to bed when you get home. Anything to get you through apart from doing the one thing that led you to have to start the diet in the first place.
I know what I'm on about I lost 7 1/2 stones on this diet and everything you are going through I have gone through too. Be strong it really is worth it in the end.

You could potentially throw yourself out of ketosis and then take another 5 days to get back into it remember. If you're struggling add the extra protein meal in in the evenings. But I really wouldn't do it like said above you're cheating yourself. Xxx

Hi Carrottop. I have a break day once a week, but try to make sure that it is protein, so as not to throw myself out of ketosis. It has'nt harmed me and I've lost 2 and a half stone. I have the break day rather than the aam week.

I normally have an omelette and green salad, or a turkey carvery with lots of veg( avoid peas as high in carbs)

Back