Breaking the Addiction??

Ladies and gentlemen, the million dollar question: HOW do you break the addiction to food?

I use food for everything - happy, sad, good day, bad day etc. I think about it all the time and even get excited for the next day's breakfast (!!) If I'm going out, I chose places where I know there's a nice cafe. If I'm going out in the car, I make sure I have things to nibble on the way to wherever I'm going.

4 days into the diet, I'm realising how many demons I'm battling. I don't think "just" doing the diet is going to sort my head out and I'm worrying about not being able to maintain when (a little voice says IF) I'm at goal.

I don't have a good track record with this diet. I started with LL and stuck to it for 6 weeks, then cheated until 9 weeks and gave up. I lost 3 stone in that 9 weeks but since then, I've not managed more than a week. Last attempt was 4 days.

Any words of wisdom?

One word: Slimpod. One website: ThinkingSlimmer.com. There's a section on minimins devoted to them.

Good luck,
Barbara

The first week on Cambridge feels like a year.
I'm on week 23, i've lost 6 stone.
My first week was horrible, i found myself going to bed at 7pm, having extra long bubble baths just to drown out the smells of food being cooked in my house, reading books/magazines & i watched Supersize Vs Superkinny on the 4oD website, literally 3 times a day! (Soooo motivational) :)

I'm not sure how i broke my addiction to food.. I think its more about changing your mind set to how you view food, rather than break an 'addiction'
This is a journey, not just a diet for me.
I used to sit and eat well over 6,000 calories a day! Now i'm having 400 and something?

I've always been a skinny girl in a big girls body, and even though i've been on evey diet you can imagine since i was just 10 years old.. It wasn't until March this year, just before my 22nd birthday that i knew my mind was in the right place and it was finally time to tackle my issues with food and more importantly, myself.

I would also break your journey into smaller goals.

Why not amend your stats and make your 'target' weight 19 stone, for example? This is achievable in a short ish period of time and , once this is under your belt, you can maybe amend it to say, 18 and a half...and so on and so forth. This may give you a mental boost instead of thinking ' Oh god, ten stone to lose '

Thanks ladies :) My first mini goal is 3 stone by my birthday - 20th October. I'd like to lose 10 inches off my tummy by then too but I don't know if that's achievable or not! I think I've lost a few inches off my tummy so far xx

Good luck with 3 stone by your birthday! I only have 3 and a bit stone left to get to goal, and my aim was november.. so we'll be aiming for around the same time :) x

Oh completely achievable! I have lost 7 inches from my tummy in 7 weeks
Wow, that's brilliant! Well done!

Thanks Sinead! Good luck to you too. You're doing FABULOUSLY! xx

twobirdsandabiscuit said:
Thanks ladies :) My first mini goal is 3 stone by my birthday - 20th October. I'd like to lose 10 inches off my tummy by then too but I don't know if that's achievable or not! I think I've lost a few inches off my tummy so far xx

You can do 3 stone for October .. I do think mini goals will help you... Slowly slowly you'll do it...

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back