breastfeeding

mummytummy

Silver Member
just thought I'd let you all know that if your considering breastfeeding and expressing, tommie tippee range is half price in mothercare at the moment. I bought the electric pump today for £42 instead of £84, I was going to get the one you pump yourself which is currently £13 instead of £26 but when I saw the electric one I thought that would be so much easier and quicker.

Hope all mummy's and baby's are well! x

Oh brilliant thanks! im using advent and finding it brill but as im exclusivly expressing 6 times a day my hand is starting to hurt lol. x

how are you finding the TT electric pump? I looked at that one but the reviews weren't too great. I've been considering either the Avent electric one (£60 in John Lewis and possibly Mothercare), or the only other one I've read about and heard good things about is the Medula swing, which is about £90.

the swing is a great pump..

it's the only one I have ever used, but I'm finding I'm not actually using it that much! I would wait until baby is born and then decide if you need one. I thought I was going to express more than I am. I would say that it's very comfortable and easy pump to use tho.x

it's the only one I have ever used, but I'm finding I'm not actually using it that much! I would wait until baby is born and then decide if you need one. I thought I was going to express more than I am. I would say that it's very comfortable and easy pump to use tho.x

Thanks :) I figured if we got one beforehand and it didn't get used I'd just sell it. Thing is, I'll be working one day a week after the first month, so hoping DH can basically take a night and day shift of looking after the baby including feeding (or at least as much as I can express!) so that I can get a good nights sleep and a full day of work (the downside to own business!).

I've been given a manual pump but to be honest the instructions sound scary (they could be the same for all pumps!), the box doesn't say the bottles are BPA free and the thought of manually pumping makes my hand shudder!! We've already got some Avent bottles as we got them half price, but I believe they're all the same size necks so pumps can usually fit on different make bottles?

However, it's not on my list of must haves before the baby arrives! It'll probably be something we go and look at once the baby has arrived and we know how things are going (afterall, I may not be able to breastfeed... hopefully that's not the case but I know people it's happened to for various reasons).

Back