Total Solution Brendan's Diary

Well I totally caved last night and had some piri piri chicken at the pub with a small helping of chips. Fortunately I don't need to put any effort into feeling bad about it because my body has completely thrown a fit and this morning I was experiencing stomach pain so bad that I was dizzy, sweating, had pins and needles in my hands and ultimately nearly threw up. I imagine it was down to the extremely hot spices in the piri piri sauce combined with an Exante empty stomach.
I hope it hasn't messed up my weight loss for the week too badly although I suppose the chips I ate will bring me out of ketosis. I'm supposed to be on a food week next week but last time that meant only a 1lb loss so I'm seriously considering giving it a miss and just sticking to three products a day instead.

In better news, my girlfriend lost 5lbs this week so she's very happy. She's still working hard at the gym with her final wedding dress fitting in sight at the end of May.
I'll need to get the suits sorted for myself and my groomsmen in May as well so I've really only got March and April left on Exante since I can't let my weight change drastically once I've bought my suit. I know I won't reach my 11st goal by then but I'll be happy if I can get down to below 12st by the end of April and I can lose the rest after the wedding.

Well this week hasn't been a complete disaster. Despite eating out twice, I've still managed to lose 3lbs. It's possible the last couple of days of indulging might affect my weight loss this coming week but hopefully not :)

Well done on your weight loss Brendan. Fingers crossed that it stays off!

Well done Brendan. Stay focussed and keep at it as you are doing so well.

Thanks for your support everyone!

My gf is having a really bad day of it today. I think she's about ready to quit Exante but hopefully it's just a low point and she'll be back ready to go soon.
She's already had her three products for the day which means she'll be seriously hungry later so I'm wondering if I should take her some low calorie, no carb food after I finish work. I'm thinking a little sliced turkey, maybe with a bit of salad might cheer her up but then again I'm worried it'll reaffirm her thoughts of coming off the diet.
Dilemma!

Don't do it! It might give her a taste for eating properly again and cause her to fall off the wagon! This diet can be really testing at times and extremely difficult but it would end up being for nothing if she comes off now!

Does your gf subscribe to minimins? If not you should encourage her to, it sometimes helps to read how well other people are doing.

Maybe also spreading the packs out and not having the third before 6pm may help with the hunger pangs and making sure she drinks 2-3 litres of water a day.

Hope she can get through it!

Well my gf ended up having a bit of salad which is fair enough since she's on her food week anyway. She certainly didn't exceed the 200 calorie limit.

This month is a funny old month for me. It's my gf's birthday, my daughter's birthday, my brother's birthday and my mum's birthday (among others). What that means is that so far I've been out for my gf's birthday (yummy Brazilian restaurant) and my daughter's birthday (yummy pub food) and I've got to look forward to a night at my mum's with the whole family eating takeaway. Last night I went to my brother's house to celebrate his birthday and had to sit there dying inside while everyone ate KFC. If I've got one weakness in this world it has to be KFC hot wings and gravy!

At this point I'm happy that I've lost anything at all in March. Admittedly I did totally cave and have an additional meal at the pub last week but it just goes to show how hard this diet can be when you have a month with a busy social calendar. It's been particularly difficult with the sunshine we've had recently. This time last year we'd have been enjoying afternoon drinks at the pub, picnics and dinner at the pub. I have to say that it's quite depressing not being able to live the life you want to live just because so much of it revolves around food and drinking!

I'm skipping food week this month since I've eaten enough "real" food this month already. Hopefully it'll pay off and I'll have a good loss this week!

Another Tuesday means another weigh in!
I was expecting to lose 2lbs this week so I'm happy to report that I lost 3lbs!!

I've hit 2 stone lost now which is a great point to get to :)

Well done, keep going :)

Rough evening yesterday. I went to the pub with my best man and although we've spent years doing beer and a burger at the pub, it's not really something I can do on Exante. I toyed with the idea of having some chicken but realised it really isn't worth it so I spent the evening drinking water while he ate a burger and chips and drank beer.

We're getting measured up for our wedding suits in a couple of weeks so the pressure is really on to shift as much weight as possible by then. Whilst looking around, I tried on my wedding pants and fit a 34" waist but I'd really like to buy a 32" waist and fit into them by the wedding. Doesn't leave much time for burgers and beers on a Friday evening!

You did really well Brendan sticking to the water.

Wow look at those goals getting crossed off, well done. Another size down by the wedding is achievable so hang in there. :)

Thanks Susie, it'd certainly be nice to hit that medium t-shirt soon. 2 stone down and I still feel like they're a bit tight. Hopefully somewhere around the 12st mark I'll be able to go down to a medium anyway :)

2st down is a brilliant achievement Brandon. Well done!

Thanks!

In other news, my gf weighed in yesterday and lost 6lbs. She doesn't know yet because she's doing three weeks without looking at the scales. I checked for her just so she can find out her weekly loss afterwards. I think she'll be pretty happy with that anyway :)

Thanks!

In other news, my gf weighed in yesterday and lost 6lbs. She doesn't know yet because she's doing three weeks without looking at the scales. I checked for her just so she can find out her weekly loss afterwards. I think she'll be pretty happy with that anyway :)

That's an original idea regarding secret weighing lol :D.

She will be over the moon with that result.

Another weigh in, another 4lbs off!

Very happy with today's result. I was hoping for another 3lbs since that's what I've been losing every week for the last month. It's great to exceed that target and hit a bigger number.

April could be another difficult month for my weight loss. It's my daughter's birthday next weekend so that'll be a family meal at the pub. The weekend after I'm visiting a friend for a night out so I'll no doubt be having a few drinks. The weekend after I'm off to an all day festival so again, I'm sure there'll be a few drinks to be had. We'll see how it goes anyway, I won't be using any of it as an excuse to come off Exante!

Well done Brendan. You're doing great!

Back