Total Solution Brendan's Diary

Placed an order for what should be my last Exante box today! It's nice that the end is in sight :)

You've done so well :) Great to be doing your last order!

That's a nice feeling. Good luck and keep at it!

Must be a fantastic feeling Brendan!

Well I've officially worn a medium t-shirt all day today and I've not felt like I've been showing off my stomach so that's another goal crossed off the list. I've still a wardrobe full of large t-shirts so it'll take a while to completely transition but it's good to get going on that.
Fingers crossed for my next weigh in. I feel like I did well at the pub today for my daughter's birthday having only a single plain chicken breast with chips on the side and no cake for me!

Weighed in last night and I'm now officially below 12st so I've now less than a stone to go!

I have to say that it's been tough at times but losing 2.5st in 10 weeks is fantastic and I'd definitely recommend Exante in the future :)

2014-04-04 12.38.02.jpg

Cupcakes my girlfriend made from the Exante porridge product.
She's also found a way to turn the porridge into cookies.
:)

Just a quick update on my gf's three weeks without looking at the scales plan.

She did really well in her first week losing 6lbs (although she'd put 5lbs on in the previous week). Second week she lost 2lbs, not really sure why although I think possibly she had a couple of nights eating out and drinking wine. So far this week she's only lost another 1.5lbs although on Sunday for my daughter's birthday she definitely over indulged by picking at a box of malteasers in the morning and then having a piece of cake and two cupcakes at lunch time. She was very good and had a salad for lunch that day but obviously the dessert was a bit much and she should have stopped after just one piece of cake.

She's desperate to get into the 16s and she's so close. She's found it really hard going to get through the 17s and been very demoralised by it all. I really hope she can shift the remaining pounds to get herself below 17 by Saturday (her hen do). If she can then she needs to lose another stone and a half before the end of May for her wedding dress fitting but she's convinced that she'll be able to power through the 16s and easily get there.

One way or another she's been dieting since August last year now and she's done amazingly well so far having lost over 5 stone. I'm really proud of her for sticking with it and I know she'll be looking amazing when we get married and more importantly (she already looks great anyway!!) she's going to have a much healthier body for when we start trying for kids next year :)

Last edited:
Well, my gf had her official weigh in this morning and in her three weeks she's lost a total of 12lbs. She's obviously very happy with that result since she's now left the dreaded 17s which she was finding really hard to get out of.

She's off on her hen do today so no doubt she'll put a little on this week but all round it's been a good experiment and I think she'll probably wait another few weeks before weighing in again :)

Not a great loss this week but I suppose I'm still going in the right direction. Had a boozey night out on Saturday followed by a recovery KFC on Sunday so I'm fairly happy that I've lost anything at all. This week could very well be much the same so I can see it being slow progress through to my 11st goal...

In other news, my gf went out for her hen do on Saturday and understandably over indulged all day long. She went up 4lbs on Sunday so she's working hard this week to get back under 17st.

Less than three months to go until the wedding now!

Sooo, BBQ yesterday means probably not a great loss this week. I'm okay with that though, we don't often have friends over and it was nice to relax and fully enjoy the day with them.

I often hear people on diets that have fallen off the wagon one day declaring that they'll get back on it the following Monday. They then go off the rails for the remainder of the week making it even more difficult to get back into their diet when Monday rolls around. Today I'll be straight back onto three Exante products so that I don't screw up this entire week and hopefully I'll see some kind of loss (however small) by my Tuesday weigh in :)

Well, not really sure how that happened but somehow I've lost 2lbs this week. Was expecting a disaster after a mental night out on Sunday. Drank like a fish and ate total rubbish all day including a traditional hangover kfc the following day. Not that I'm complaining! If I can get back on it and do a solid three weeks now then I should pretty much reach my goal!

My gf is really struggling now. She managed to get out of the 17s before her hen do but it's been an indulgent couple of weeks for her and she's back well into the 17s now. She's been seriously considering quitting Exante and in terms of her morale, it might be the best thing. The only problem is her getting another stone and a half off before the end of May if she's not on a vlcd.

We'll have to see how she feels tomorrow but I might suggest that she just start eating real food again but keep the calories low and hit the gym hard...

Just one pound lost this week. Things seem to be slowing down as I get towards my goal although I am slowly starting to introduce a bit of food into my diet as well.
Still going for it to get this last half a stone shifted :)

Hi Brendan. Hope you're both doing well!

My gf is still hovering around the 17st mark although she's got her weekly weigh in tomorrow so all fingers are crossed for her dipping under 17st.
She's really just had enough of Exante now but with her wedding dress fitting at the end of the month, she's still mixing in products with the occasional meal.
My new gym opens later this week and I'm hoping if we can work hard together then that'll be a way for her to hit her target for the wedding.

We've been doing ballroom and latin dancing for a few months now and the more we get into it, the more I think she's noticing that she's going to need to be able to be lighter on her feet in order to continue improving. If nothing else, we'll continue to eat healthily and exercise regularly and as a by-product, she'll continue to lose weight at a steady rate.

It will be a big help that I'm now getting close to my goal weight. There's no way I'll want to go back up again so I'll monitor my weight weekly and I'll encourage her to do the same as a way of heightening awareness. One thing that she's said several times now is that she's tired of the focus always being on her weight and I can really understand that because she's never been bothered by her weight at all and to have been dieting one way or another for nearly a year must have been incredibly tough for her.

We're hoping to have our first baby together next year so I think it's quite important for her to be in as good a shape as possible before we do that so I'll keep encouraging her and motivating her as best I can. Even though I'll be finishing Exante before the end of May, I'll try to keep updating this diary as a record of my efforts to maintain my new weight :)

Cool :) I can see her point. Must seem like an uphill struggle.

Maybe classes might help her at new gym they tend to make u work harder than u would do on ur own. That might help. Pilates is quite slow paced but hits the spot. Zumba is good fun. Any kind of toning class would be good. You'd have to go too!

Maybe try walking? That's free and you don't need fancy gear. It can be done anytime too. I tend to get up earlier to fit things in. Up at 5.45 to do something. Have to get ready fir work at 7.00am.

Good luck to you both :)

Well it seems our Exante journey might be coming to an end, at least for now. Instead we'll be switching to myfitnesspal and plenty of exercise at the gym.
I'm very close to my goal weight anyway having lost another 2lbs at my weigh in this week so I don't think I'll have any trouble dropping the last 7lbs before I get married in two months. My girlfriend is facing a much bigger challenge and can understandably only sustain an extreme diet like Exante for so long. She'll keep hold of her products in case she needs a boost of weight loss to get into her wedding dress but until she has her fitting at the end of May, there's no way to know how close she's got so far.

As I've mentioned previously, there are several motivators for her to keep losing weight after the wedding even though she's perfectly happy being overweight and has never wanted to lose weight simply to be thinner. We're hopefully going to try for our first child together in December this year so I think it'd be great for her to get down to a healthier weight before then.

I'll keep updating this diary for now anyway since I've still got a bit more to lose and want to maintain afterwards :)

Back