Total Solution Brendan's Diary

First few days off and I'm happy to report that I've lost another pound this week. I've been sticking to myfitnesspal which has me at 1200 calories a day so hopefully staying well under my RDA is keeping me from putting weight back on :)

Well this week hasn't been good. I've put on two pounds which was to be expected really but obviously not great news. We had a bbq on both Saturday and Sunday and it's obviously taken effect.
This weekend is my stag do and it's my birthday next week so I imagine I'll put more on before the end of the month but then I'll hit Exante hard at the start of June to try and get back down again.
On the plus side, I've managed to stay strong at the gym and have been going three times a week which will be helping :)

Well this week hasn't been good. I've put on two pounds which was to be expected really but obviously not great news. We had a bbq on both Saturday and Sunday and it's obviously taken effect. This weekend is my stag do and it's my birthday next week so I imagine I'll put more on before the end of the month but then I'll hit Exante hard at the start of June to try and get back down again. On the plus side, I've managed to stay strong at the gym and have been going three times a week which will be helping :)

It's good that you are mindful of what's happening with your weight and you're thinking ahead.

My plan would be to ignore scales and eat everything once I'd given myself a green light, so well done you!

Good luck :)

My plan would be to ignore scales and eat everything once I'd given myself a green light, so well done you!

Yeah I got down from over 15 stone to 11 stone about 5 years ago on WW and then gradually put it all back on again because I wasn't watching my weight. I feel like it's something that I'll always need to be mindful of. A bit of fluctuation is fine but if I weigh in every week then there's only so much damage I'll do before dieting myself back down again :)

Yeah I got down from over 15 stone to 11 stone about 5 years ago on WW and then gradually put it all back on again because I wasn't watching my weight. I feel like it's something that I'll always need to be mindful of. A bit of fluctuation is fine but if I weigh in every week then there's only so much damage I'll do before dieting myself back down again :)

In so sensitive to food. Been TS fir 32 days. Had one meal with OH last night (fairly sensible low ish carb, with no alcohol) and put on 3 1/4lb. What's that all about?! I have to weigh daily to make sure I offset the damage. Heading to gym now!

Well it's been a while but I'm back on Exante for the next three weeks in the run up to our wedding. I've put a few pounds back on since coming off Exante but will wait until my usual Tuesday weigh in before seeing exactly what the situation is. Nothing serious though, still under 12stone.

My girlfriend has been really struggling to lose more weight. Having gotten down to 16st13 before her hen do, she almost immediately went back up to 17st7 and has gone up a few more pounds since then. Her dress has come in and by all accounts it fits well and looks good but she has said that she'd like to lose another stone before we get married and so she's back on Exante as well.

If anything, I would say she definitely has an addiction to food. For example, a typical person might eat a piece of cake at a party or if they were feeling greedy, two pieces. My girlfriend will eat four pieces before even thinking of stopping. Another example would be that we started Exante yesterday and when I went to work at 4pm, she was straight into the larder to finish off the pringles tube we'd bought prior to restarting our diet. Basically, if there's food there then she'll eat it.

She also seems to work in extremes. She can do a vlcd (once she gets into it) and she can live in excess but she can't find a middle ground. For example we're going to a party tonight and her two options are either to drink and eat and ruin her diet or alternatively, to not go. Obviously the middle ground would just be to pick at the buffet in a healthy way: stick with protein based foods like chicken and stay away from carb heavy foods like pizza and bread. She just doesn't have the self-control.

It's funny, I was thinking the other day that it's okay to say to someone "you smoke too much, you should give up" or "you drink too much, maybe you've got a problem" and yet criticizing someone's eating habits is somehow not okay. I think perhaps it has to do with the effect that it has on their weight and how it's not acceptable in society to call someone fat. I think it's a real shame because never in her life has anyone (friend or family) said to her "you're doing some real damage to yourself and you need to stop". It's only since I've been in her life and have been telling her that she might want to consider a healthier life style that she's actually done it.

Anyway, that's my thoughts for the day. How is everyone else getting on? Ever closer to your goals I hope :)

I can relate a bit to ur GF. I'm an all or nothing kinda girl. Although I've been slowly learning to find some kind of middle ground.

Eg I went to a party with a sweet cart, buffet and lots birthday cake. I had sparkling water and one coke zero and still had a great time, but about a week later I caved and had a pizza in a restaurant!

I get the Pringles thing too. I would have to get rid of them in some way! It's tough going.

You are right though. Your GF must be doing some damage. It's just getting into that zone that's key.

Good luck to the pair of you. Hope u get good losses for the big day :)

I'm day 61 I think, lost 2 1/2st. Going to gym and walking. Things are starting to move :)

That's great going :) Keep it up!

So, we found Exante pretty hard going again. Stress levels are high with the wedding only two weeks away and the added stress of not being able to eat a good meal or have a glass of wine at the end of the day is proving too much to handle.
We've transitioned into using myfitnesspal instead and my girlfriend is still mixing it up with some Exante products during the day to keep her calorie intake low.
First week she lost nearly half a stone so things are still moving in the right direction. I've yet to do a proper weigh in as we've been so busy that I've not been around the scales at the right time of day but I'll get one done as soon as I can :)

Awww sorry to hear that. Run up to a wedding can be awful. U should've got married in Vegas. That's what I did!

Hope things settle for u both and you get a good week :)

Well, I'm back again and not under the best of circumstances. After the wedding (which was amazing!) we've had a really busy and stressful summer with work and it's just been all too easy to fall back into bad habits. I'm back up to 12st10lbs which is awful and I'm in need of a boost to get me back down into the 11st range again. First day on Exante again today and I'm hungry (as you'd expect) but at least having done it before I can kind of cope with it better.

Glad to hear the wedding went well & good luck with restart.

Well, I'm not even sure what happened two weeks ago but I did like a day of Exante and then quit again.

Anyway, I've been back on it for two days solid now so I'm getting back into the groove properly. We're away on holiday at the end of October for a week and with no pressure for the wedding anymore, I won't be doing Exante while we're away. I do definitely want to get back down again though.

I was just reading back through this diary and seeing how happy I was to fit into a medium t-shirt and here I am with a drawer full of medium t-shirts that are too tight to wear now. I still have half a dozen that fit but it's pretty bad to think that if I carried on like this then I'd be back up to a large t-shirt again before too long.

Anyway, there's a big night out scheduled for Saturday so I don't know how well I'll do on the weight loss this week but I'm in it for the month regardless. Would very much like to get below 12st again before we go away in three weeks :)

I'm back again. Bad things have happened with my weight and it's time to knuckle down and get back on it. It's really sad looking back at all the hard work I did to now be a stone heavier than when I started last time. Anyway, onwards and upwards!

Well, day 1 went okay. Didn't really feel hungry at all although I could have done with drinking some more water.
This morning I woke up with quite a head ache and right now I'm starting to feel pretty hungry. I aim to have my first shake of the day at 11am so hopefully that'll sort out the hunger pangs.

Our first weigh in was yesterday. I lost 5lbs and my wife lost 8lbs so we're both moving in the right direction :)

Back