Bren's..... Cruise-ade

NOW WORRIES ANJA!, I make plenty of mistakes as most of the time I am postin gfrom my phone.

lajlaj, I am really hoping that I can reach target of 160lbs (or really 159) by the end of Jan. I would be feeling so much better in my work clothes by then. Have you thought about setting some mini goals? Oh and have you snuck a look at the scales yet!

Bren
X

I'm just back from Thailand and Vietnam (saigon & Hanoi)! Great trip! And super spots for vegetarians sounds like you'd a brilliant day today Bren, here's to many more of them!

On the drinking issue... I remember last time I was Dukan-ing, I made loads of vodka sugar free jelly... It did the trick nicely and was delish!!!

Bren... how do you get the .lb in yr stats? When I try & do that it says whole numbers only... do you have a trick? xxx

Linz I do..... It can only be a .5 no other number! Tricky aren't I?!

Grovergirl I don't do jelly as vegetarian, but I only had 1 d/coke and vodka. And 1 olive. And some pan fried squid which had no batter and minimal oil!

Oh and I ate the fennel and watercress garnish:)

Just had scrambled egg and salmon for dinner. I've drunk about 1ltrs of water today and prob won't have anymore. I also did a 30 min workout before going to the pub.

Linz I do..... It can only be a .5 no other number! Tricky aren't I?!

thanks for this Bren, have amended my stats now.....am actually .6 but its near enough!

It's great isn't it! I round up or down to the closest.

How's your day Alex?

I am really really hungry today, which isn't good! more revision and packing for the train tomorrow. Will go see the horses this aft. - my legs are hurting after riding the other day - i've never had "saddle sore" before - never knew I had such muscles in my thighs! lol

I love that feeling of sore muscles. Best of luck with your exams? Where do u stay when your in London? Family or hotel?

Is it cold? If so a big batch of soup may help, warm, filling and low cal. Xx

exams are in birmingham and i stay at a travel lodge - v.basic, but does the job at a reasonable rate

today isn't going to be too productive i think, but i shall keep plodding on and at least try to acheive something, even if its just sorting out what revision materials I am taking - I can take everything there is too much

That is great Bren, you are doing really well. There is still a lot of January left I've no doubts you will get there very soon. Weight is coming off me quite quickly - just weighed myself and I can't believe it is saying I've lost 9lbs already! I normally weigh in the mornings and thought I may have got to 7lbs down but couldn't believe my eyes to see 9lbs off. I've never done that in a week before and this is only day 5 (not even when doing LL). My husband just commented that he can see the beginnings of cheek bones again (only the beginnings mind).

I really admire your commitment to exercise - that is the bit I hate least but maybe as I shrink I will enjoy it more.

I have always loved exercise, some days I do get put off by it and if I miss one day now I feel flat and fattish really. Just need to do a little everyday even if it's only 20 mins on the bike.'or taking the dog for a walk.

I'm no ketosis his morning according to sticks! And I did have a headache yesterday but though it was because I hadn't had a coffee!

Bren
X

How did you manage to knock yourself out of ketosis? Do you think it was the chocolate muffin? I think I may have knocked myself out with the night nurse as had it two nights running - wouldn't care it didn't help either, I didn't fall asleep til 9am this morning! I really ought to buy some more stixs but have done this sort of diet enough times now to know when I'm in ketosis and when I'm not.

Well to tell the truth, I reckon stix we just telling me I was on my way to ketosis not fully there. Not sure that the muffins really effected me.? But headache yesterday and bad breathe this morn have confirmed K.

Off into the city for some post Xmas sales! Just have to choose wisely for lunch. Fish and salad without the rice at Japanese I think.

I managed yesterday pretty well only had 1 vodka and d/coke. Also stuck to protein at the pub. Then came home to a Dukan dinner.

Today was a PV day. Hubby and I went into the city and we had Japanese for lunch. i has miso soup, tufu in a broth and salmon teriyaki (which had about half a Tsp of sauce)with green salad. The tofu had a light batter but not deep fried, and I tried to leave that as best I could.

For dinner, as we ate lunch at 2.30pm, I wasnt really hungry and have just had yoghurt and my bran.

I am going to guzzle some water and also do a workout. Which should see me complete my weekly challege of 1200 sit ups!

Loving this exercise, i just hope when i go back to work that I can get up early and keep it up. That means 5.30am starts!

Cool day Bren, well done.

Any tips on how to get one's exercise mojo going? My chest infection is nearly gone, so I won't be able to use it as an excuse for much longer :sigh:

I can be great at motivating myself, but equally, am a natural couch potato.....

Start with very quick and simple goals. Like 50 sit ups a day and a 20 walk? Or 25 situps, 5 mins skip rope (they are brilliant exercise) and 10 push ups. DO this for a week and you will be suprised a how much you energy levels go up!

Or during your fav program on the telly, in the commercials do some floor exercises. It will add up to about 15 mins each day.

Then when your energy is high throw in a 30 min walk once a week and then twice the following. Even better ask a friend to join you once a week and then you are commited and may do an hour as you gossip.

Does any of this sound doable?

Absolutely! I've ran races before, and done bootcamps, so I just need to get a start, without it being too daunting. The sit ups an shrt burst of something sounds good...

I know how good I feel once I get my butt moving!

Thanks. Will keep you informed with how I do....

Back