Bren's..... Cruise-ade

Bren - great motivational posts from you elsewhere in the diaries (MWAH!).

Now to you... hee hee!

You love cheese. You don't eat meat. Surely you can have some cheese on the vegetarian Dukan? I honestly haven't a clue so if you've time to research how much fat cheese equates to the sort of fat we're allowed in meat, I can't see why you as a vegetarian couldn't have some.

In any event, on pure Dukan, you are allowed 30g per day in Cruise of a cheese under 7% fat (and if no other tolerated food item in your day, 2 x 30g).

Sooooo go back to that Dukan friendly "muesli" you used to make, lock the real stuff away, and research cheese!! someone might know?

:)

Last edited:
Well the granola was great and I think I may use this as a snack to pick on throughout the day?

As for cheese, we dont have quark, so I have been using extra light ricotta which has per 25gm serve;
energy - 16cal
protein - 2.2g
Fat - .5
Sat fat - .3
Carbs .6

So have used this in sauces and muffins and bread (which was delicious). On an previous diet which was low carb mozzarella was allowed so I might investigate that. I was concerned that my diet is

oat bran 10%
fish 30%
dairy 50%
tofu 10%

feeling very bloated as TOM i think is trying to arrive 3 days early!

Jaqys I am close, but really not far from the beginning. I just want a loss on Thursday to keep me going or a STS. Hoping exercise is helping this week. Going to do the other 20 mins I left out of 30 for the day on the bike. I have already done 20 mins in the gym and 10 on the bike. Been rainning all day and poor chief hasnt been out for a walk, hence he is hypo and driving me nuts!

Food today, PP....
250gm of custard
400gm of yoghurt + some with granola
70gm of tuna + dukan bread
125gm of salmon and white herb sauce

If I am hungry later I am going to have a tin of tuna. I would like to cut back my dairy a little?

PP again tomorrow and WI on Thursday. Thinking of getting up early and trying to go to the local pool for a steam and sauna?

Bren the TV programme I saw the other night - here it is on the BBC iPlayer stated very categorically that LOW FAT dairy (ie, cottage cheese, low fat yoghurts and so on) are very good as dietry aids as they double the amount of fat that you poo out (sorry!) - I've found the link to the programme for you - BBC iPlayer - 10 Things You Need to Know About Losing Weight

It really is well worth watching if you have an hour - first point or two weren't particularly relevant to Dukan but the rest of the points really reinforce the plan we are on.

Hope you had a good day today.

Thanks for the link lajlaj i will check it out sometime this week. Sounds interesting. x

Jaqys the flooding is in QLD and it's basically monsoon season in summer for the top end of OZ. Also cyclones. It has never made it's way down to Perth or Melbourne really. Gail force winds are what we watch out for.

Ive managed 30 min on the bike now and havent eaten anything since 7.30pm and its 10pm now. I reckon I have consumed about 4ltrs of water today! Praying that this will have some positive effect on the bloating before WI.

I am off to meet a friend for coffee tomorrow, and I am hoping to not be tempted to eat anything sweet. Thinking that I may take a protein snack bar? It's 465kj, protein 10gm, carb 1.5gm and fat 1.5gm. Or have 2 coffees and then go shopping to distract us from sitting in the cafe the entire time.

Bren
X

I am going to make a morrocan soup (minus the chickpeas) on Thurs for my PV day. I will post the recipe on the recipe thread for all when I do.

Cruise and Conso version (if chickpeas are allowed in Conso?)

Bren
X

Chickpeas are carbs so you'd have to limit them to your carb meals - a I have done for lentils and leans this week. I think there is a max weight allowed that's less than the 200gr, but I can't recall, and the good doctor also says that other complex carbs are 'preferable' (was it cereal - rice - pulses - potatoes in that order?) - sorry can't quote page numbers at you...

I wonder if I could get away with it (limiting the chickpeas) though as being a veggie?

Maybe I could put white fish in with it?

Probably - do your specific 'vegetarian Dukan' instructions not have anything on that at all?

Well Thursday will be a PV day and I am making the soup minus the Chickpeas of course. However thinking that I could put pieces of white fish in it? Yep the more I think about it, it will totally work. mmmmmmm soup

x

Well a great day today;

water currently at 2.2ltrs ( and counting..... aiming for 3 )
b - bircher muesli (god I have missed this and it really filled me up with only half my bran allowance!)
s - coffee and custard
s - 2 x coffees
l - small tin of tuna and FF Mayo (just had it now)
d - waiting for my salmon to defrost and then have it with white herb sauce

A really good PP day and will have left over granola with a G Tea as dessert.

exercise I have done 30 min walk with the dog, 15 mins in the gym and will do 10 in the gym later and 20 on the bike.

Had coffee out with my girlfriend and didnt have a protein bar or anything naughty! (very proud). WI in the morning so fingers crossed. OOOoooo and PV day tomorrow mmm.

Excellent Bren... x

Well done on resisting temptation Bren! I tend to go for the mamoth skinny latte when I go out for coffee as I know it will fill me up and I'll be less tempted by the beautiful display of delicious looking food, or I'll sneak some galette with me and have that with my drink.

Thinking I could always sneak cookies!

Thanks Jo, I am pleased and hoping it will pay off tomorrow. Going to skip the weights and do the bike. Also I've finished eating dinner at 8 so no more food tonight. And off to bed hopefully by 10.30. This is my new routine but will make dinner or last food by 7.30 normally.

Praying for a loss tomorrow.

X

On the bike now! Bless having an iPhone.:)

Good luck for tomorrow I'm sure you will see a loss!

Hoping so. But TOM is Sat and I have been bloated for 2 days now :(

Hell, I'll be happy for a sts. But just incase let the green tea and exercise prevail.

Back