Bren's Diary - The journey begins, again!

SORRY I THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE SAYING OVERALL I HAD LOST ABOUT 1.5KG'S AND I WAS LIKE HANG ON SURE IT WORKED OUT TO BE 1.9! However yes 450gm = 1lb so you were correct there.

We it is the season and I have been exercising but really drinking too much. This morning that loss had come back. I have been having a mid week scale hop!.... So I have today and tomorrow to loose that and a little extra before WI on Sat morning.

So already been for a 45 min walk this morning.

1ltr of water down, Breaky was 4 pts and snacks of 1.5pts so far...= 5.5pts

Going to aim for 20pts today and tomorrow (fast start). Also realised that with going away for Xmas and New Year that I will not be able to exercise!!! Can maybe do a walk over the 4 days at Xmas but for NY we are going on a 4 night road trip on the motorbike???

Bren
X

Well a 300gm gain this week. To be expected really as I have drunk alot of wine! Although not too worried and staying positive. Just have to keep up the exercise at it makes me happy and try and find time to do this whilst away from my home and the gym over Xmas and NY??!!!

So back up to 75.2kg and really have to get into and below the 74's. This is usually a hard number to shift for me. Along with 72, 70, 69.

Bren
X

Be shifted in no time I'm sure, it is Christmas after all :)

Yep i agree. Worst thing to do is get down about it. Really I am hovering around my lowest since July, so cant complain. Currently on 75.2 but was up around the 78's a few months ago. I'm just glad to be doing something about it and having it work. Even at Xmas time! I know it's just this season and really there's nothing I can do to change it.

I have spent all year, a break through in the past 2 months, getting out and being around food and drink again. After spending the past 2 years backing my self into a corner and becoming a hermit, saying no to social events just to avoid food and drink and doing crazy restrictive diets. I DONT AND WILL NOT GO BACK TO THIS. Even if it means taking the long way to my destination.

Thanks Puggso.

x

well in the past 2 days I have gained a few more and then this morning gone back to WI amount. So off for a walk this morning.

I downloaded a Yoga app to my iphone and did that yesterday morning then in the evening went to the gym for a 40 min work out. The exercise is going strong for me at the moment... YAY!

I have realised though that I have in my head, through past diets, always feeling the need to snack, nibble or in general snack. Many years ago when I lost 30 kilos over time I did this by having 3 meals and 4 snack (2 were fruit) and I had them at regular times. So now I have it ingrained in my head that at those times I must have something to eat? I did it to speed up my metabolism. Although now my snacks are so low fat and low cal.....

Today I am going to try and have fewer snacks and aim for just 2; breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner and then snack. Fingers crossed.

xx

Get some points free stuff for snacking.

My favourites are sugar free jelly, cherry tomatos and pickled onions :D

Yeah good 'point'!! LOL

I cannot eat jelly, as vegetarian, so perhaps carrot and celery sticks and cherry toms? I do tend to have them in my meals though? Must admit I am not having much protein or carbs lately and might aim for couscous and some rice. Honestly too much bread!

Bren
X

What a really good day for my with points and the scales!

I started off not wanting to have a look then i decided to as I thought even with the Vietnamese for dinner the night before and only brunch too yesterday, that the scales would be kind and they were! Back to the WI number on Sat.

Well I have stuck to 22pts and also went to the gym for 50mins. I've drunk over 2 ltrs of water too.

I have just bought 2 apps for my phone; itracker and ipoints. Highly recommended. Brilliant in fact!

Bren
X

Thinking about having a WI today at a meeting as I planned on tomorrow but not sure now if I can make it? So it might have to be a 3 day week. Not sure though, I might be able to manage a afternoon one will just have to have a light lunch.

Bren
x

Hello :D Just thought I'd come find your diary and say hello to my fellow upsidedowner ;) My goodness, you've got a long diary and you're a chatterbox but at least unlike me, you don't witter which is one of my worst failings, actually I probably have far worse failings, but none that I'm prepared to admit to :rotflmao:

I see that you are really disciplined about exercise generally - that's an area that I need to focus on. I've been a member of a gym for over a year and haven't been for months and months. I drive past it several times a day and keep meaning to go in - it's even open 24 hrs a day now, so I have no excuse! Ha! Maybe you should be my personal trainer! Nag me!

Hope you enjoyed your walk and will catch up again soon now that I know where to find you :)

Hope you didn't read all my ramblings!

I just use my diary for all the following and not in any form of a routine; food, feelings exercise and reflecitons. I must say that I weighed after my walk this morning and scales say a gain from yesterday back up to 75.6 from 75.2? Nevermind going to chugg that water down today.

As for the gym mine is also 24hours love that. I do get bored though and occasionally just do walks. I have found 2 great apps for my iphone, if you have one they are ifitness and Yoga stretch, brilliant both of them. I find the trick is to do a variety of exercise so I dont get sick of one.

I am doing alot of exercise at the moment and hoping that give it another couple of days and it should be reflected on the scale. Problem is over Xmas and NY, i will be away from the gym! Going to rely on walking and my iphone apps.

x

I am trying Abz, I did have a timeout little favourite this afternoon. As well as my walk this morning I have just done a 55 min session at the gym and must admit that I am starving. So I have just cut up some carrot and 6 olives, pumpkin seeds and a tin of tuna..... yummy!

Must admit i haven't eaten any tuna since starting WW??? And just remembered how good it is.

xx

YEAH I did and now I realise that I really am not eating enough protein. So going to put the fish back into my diet and more tofu. Wont be able to put that into full effect until the new year though as we are away?? Nevermind.

Tomorrow will be;

Protein drink/with a frozen banana and yoghurt 3.5
apple 1.0
coffee 0.5
tuna and salad (yum, looking forward to that) 2
WW bar and coffee 2.5

so 9.5 and my daily is 22. Going out for drinks and nibbles later so will save the rest for then.

How is pregnancy Abz?? Morning sickness all gone now?

xx

morning sickness is gone now!! woohoo :D :D i have the odd moment when there are nasty smells about but on the whole much better :) am still insanely tired all the time... so am hoping this burst of energy won't be too much longer in its arrival :)

hey Bren, have a lovely xmas :) love Rach xxx

Well back from the apple isle of Tasmania! It was very pretty and the inlaws new house is great had a sauna and spa everyday and walked all but one day out of the 5, one day I went twice. Eating wise was okay, I did eat pudding and some chocolates along with about 2 bottles of wine maybe?

Haven't yet jumped on the scales and not going to until WI next Saturday 9th of Jan.

A friend of mine has just started doing the Gabriel Method. She and I have been dieting for many years on and off and this is going well for her. I haven't really done enough of WW to switch but thinking about reading the book and trying the program in conjunction?

Bren
X

Well a friend of mine has recommended a book for me 'The Gabriel Method'. I have done some research and it's about changing your approach towards eating and the word 'diet'. Sounds really good and she has lost a couple of kilos in 2 weeks in conjunction with WW's but she isn't counting points just guessing and moderately following the programme. Anyways it sounds very good and I have ordered it. Cannot wait for it to arrive.

So it is sounding that I might be able to do the book and it's changing my approach to dieting with the WW program. I did want to mention that I am not quiting WW in any way, just hoping to feel a bit more relaxed towards my obsession with 'dieting' and 'food'.

Well back 1 day early from our road trip as the weather was looking to turn rainy. We had a great time on the bike and saw the Grampians and then the capital of the Great Ocean Rd... Warrnambool. Was lots of fun and lots of wine drunk, be ME!

Looking forward to my book arriving and starting my new approach with food. Hubby and I upon return today went to the local for a steam and sauna, about 30 mins. We also have another 9 sessions left. So between this and the gym for the next 4 weeks before school start I am hoping to make a dent in the number on the scales.

Bren
X

Back