Bren's Diary - The journey begins, again!

I'm sure you'll shift that kg soon, Bren.

Yay that you've had your legs done for the last time.

Hope the hayfever clears up soon (or is Australia pretty much always polleny?)

That's the kind of thinking I need!!

Today i ate pretty good however did have a little nibble at some muesli, a bit of mozzarella cheese, a dried date and a protein bar (190 cals).

Fingers crossed for the morning.

Bren
X

good for you, and theres nothing wrong with a few snacks.

70.7 this morning good bye to the evil bread gain! So that's .6kg's down only .9 to go until I get back down to my lowest.

Tonight we are going out to watch some comedy the only problem is we are having dinner also.... I know the place doesn't have the healthiest of menus but will try for fish and salad if they do it or a greek salad.

Time to start guzzling the water and get ready for work. Yesterday I bought a bottle of detox herbs you dilute into your water everyday over 10 days. I've used it in the past and feel good inside after the 10 days (probably due to the toilet going properties of it!), which even if it is just a mild diuretic then who cares.

So started it after work yesterday and day nine now. It will be interesting to see!

Bren
X

Hey Bren doing well misses!

Detox herbs sound good... anything that helps flush out the bad stuff has gotta be worth it! x

That's what I think Linz I just really want to flush all the crap out, when I've gotten rid of the worst of it myself, if you know what I mean. It's also about 13 days until I wanted to start refeeding but I really am getting desperate to get down to at least 68 kilo's by then. I am really going to just have to nuckle down and be strict with myself. I'm just finding it very difficult because I do feel comfortable in my clothes again just not where I would really like to be.

How are you babe?

Bren
X

Hi Bren

Sorry not been around for a while - how goes it - looks like you're in the zone. Well done you.

This last few kilos will always be the hardest, as you're so close, keep it up and you will get to where you want to be. I'm really struggling with my last few pounds too!!!

I've really been slacking on the exercise front lately so need to get back to it!!

Onwards and downwards

Hi Carol

Tell me about it....the last 4 or 5 kilos are the worst. So we are down in sizes and feeling happier about life but it's so frustrating because we know where we want to be, for me I've been there before which makes it worse! We must hang in there and succeed. Congrats on coming so far as well!!!!

DB well sone on day one and make day 2 the same and try for the less carbs but dont stress about this goal and it might make it easier. You are going to do this and make a new life and approach to eating. There is nothing wrong with slow and steady. Cohen's does work and does work for us even if you cant manage it 100% to start with or the entire time, at least following it in someway will help.

Today for me has been all good except for the water, I must up this now, only at the 1.5ltr mark and it's 2pm!! Tonight I am off to dinner a show, so hoping that fish and salad is on the menu and I will drive to avoid having a drink. Tomorrow night I am off to watch some bands and will try again to avoid the wine.... hard though as I want to enjoy the time with hubby.

Bren
X

Well Abz,
I avoided the wine and had 2 soda waters and drop me dead ..... there was a tofu salad on the menu so had that! Didn't eat all the salad as it was covered in mayo.

On the way home from work I had a milky coffee and a 200 cal high protein and low fat and carb bar. Then before going out I went to the gym for 30 mins of cardio.

Hoping to be blessed with a good number in the morning.

Bren
X

well bren I know what you mean about those last few kgs, I think ive hit a plateua even though i went to the gym, because I realised I was weighing myself at a different time last week :( oh well at least I havent gained, and yes I have been at this weight before on a diet so just need to stick with it and not give up this time.

well done avoiding the wine!

Hope the detox is still going well.

I'm sure you'll have a good number on your scales.

Well it's morning here and the scales have revealed a 100gm loss! Not much but it's moving and in the right direction. I forgot to mention I had a piece of turkish bread and dip off hubby' plate before dinner last night which might have contributed to the small loss, but not too concerned.

Today is day 3 of the detox drink and it's going fine i have managed to go to the toilet as haven't really been in the past 2/3 days. Hubby is not feeling well but that's good for me as it means we will stay in tonight and I can control my eating. Going to do him a lamb roast with yorkies on the BBQ, he's english, moved here when he was 10.

I have decided to stick with Cohen's for another 19 days. We leave in 29 days. Then do 10 days of a refeed. I just mentioned to Ditzee that I thought about doing CD again for a couple of weeks to try and shift the last few and get to, or near, my holiday goal but then if I change diets my body might think it's a crash diet and gain even more when on holiday so as my body is use to the chemistry of Cohen's going to stay with this and just try to be 100% or as close to as possible as I have had too many deviations recently even though they have been healthy. We all know that diets work when you stick to the original plan the way it's intended.

Sorry for the rant, any thoughts though please tell!

Bren
X

Thanks hun!

It's good to know that someone else know what Cohen's is about and to be able to talk with them. I still love all of you guys though!!!!!

My measurements are good and I would like my waist to be be 71cm's or lower in 29 days. Think I might go and start a thread for anyone up in the challenge to join me!

Since the end of Sept when I got serious about loosing weight and was getting really depressed and started CD, lost 4.2 kg's and then got complacent and started yo yo ing, I have managed to loose 8.4kg's to date so pretty chuffed about this and feel very happy about not gaining this back again.

Love you all guys, thanks sooooooooooooo much for everyones support. XXXXXX

B

What has drawn me back to it Linz is with CD the food is processed and it's difficult to have a social life with it. But the major factor is the food, real food is making and changing the chemistry in your stomach to start burning fat naturally. Once in the ketosis stage it drops just as quick as other diets. However if I go out I just dont have a drink and choose the fish and salad or the greek salad. Use to even sneak my crispbreads into resturants!!!

On the refeed you gradually increase proteins and veges ( ones you are having on the rapid plan) then slowly carbs, like bread and biscuits, new proteins (not waiting 5hrs and mixing new proteins with old) and alcohol.

By the end there was too much food I couldn't eat everything, honestly. Trick with refeed is if you gain anymore than a kilo from when you start the refeed you must go back 2 days into your refeed programme. I lost more, which is normal when doing mine!

And there are some management guideline to help after the refeed stage. It really is very good for me.

Bren

Back