Bren's Diary - The journey begins, again!

99% commitment is better than 100%; nothing in life is 100% perfect. Decaf will help ween you off coffee, though if you could limit yourself to one cup a day to go it gently.

Ah, understand, my dad's a teacher. It's hard work, especially with the extra homework. Ain't just for kids, it turns out :rolleyes: Guess the only way round it is to say "Well, everyone needs a break sometime" and do the exercise in your breaks from the work at home. Or try pack in more marking in breaks and lunch time at school so there's more time at home. If not, see what the weekends are like. It's hard to fit time around working life to workout, especially after a draining day at school. I'm sure you'll find it though :)

Bron

Yeah its been weekends only for the past 3 weeks and perhaps something on the yoga mat before bed tonight, which will be very soon.

I dont like to think of it as 100%, your right as nothing is perfect and I may have not estimated my carbs correctly too. However feeling positive after day one and looking forward to my WI on Sat morning. Might weigh on Friday morning just incase I have a glass of wine after work.

Good thing is Low Carb vege style could be for me. Is that how you lost your weight with the Rose Elliot book?
x

Had to keep rereading that post, forgot you're in Aus! Sleep well when you get there :)

You're right, you can never be certain when things get planned out. I had a perfectly counted day, until I realised my different soy milk had double the kcals. Whoops! It takes the pressure off too, which really helps in the day.

I lost my weight just calorie counting originally, then healthier eating. Until the wedding I'm back calorie counting so I don't outgrow my dress :D

Bron

I lost the majority of my weight that way also originally. When's the wedding??

I had an awful day yesterday and feeling a little deflated. Not going to force feed today and just eat when I'm hungry.

XX

Weddings two and half weeks away now, 27th of June :D I'm getting excited now most of it's coming together!

Awww sorry you're feeling bummed out about today. It happens though, we're only human. Even the waifiest of waifes have their bad food days. Whatever happened has happened now, so focus on tomorrow instead :) Eating only when hungry will be a good exercise, it'll help you monitor when you feel hungry, so you'll know when best to plan meals.

Bron

Thanks Bron such a simple thing that I really have forgotten..... ONLY EATING WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY.

I have been so focused on eating at regular intervals that really i'm not hungry just eating because I think I should be. Although eating at regular times does help with keeping the metabolism up. But obviously my issue is the other, so I will focus on that.

Bren
X

Today has been okay I have drunk nearly 2.5ltrs and have dinner left to eat. I have stuck to my plan.

You're so right, I think it's what we tend to forget. We don't have to stick to conventional eating patterns either if they don't suit us, some people suit 3 meals, some suit 6 smaller ones. It's definitely a good test, let us know how it goes.

Ace job on the drinking! That sounded like it could be taken a different way, so just to clarify, I meant the water, nothing boozey boozey :D Though I'd be proud of you if you managed that much vodka in a day!!

Bron

LOL!!!

Just as well I'm a wine drinker.
x

Well going to the footy tonight and will be having one glass.

xx

Bron the game was very very close and we lost just by 2 goals which is actually 12 points (6 per goal), this was to win. We really were down by a total of 9 points.

And only 1 glass of wine. No dinner out after but yoghurt and cheese at the game to eat. I'm feeling thin tonight and just going to do some floor exercises and post for another 20 before I call it a day.

I've decided not to weigh tomorrow morning as today is really my first proper day on Atkins/Low Carbing. Will wait a few days and do a mid week. My waist this morning was 76.5cm and I will measure that in the morning as I feel positive about that one.

xx

Oo, good game! Go team :) Very swish, yoghurt and cheese :D What kind of football? Football football or like the American football?

Well done on just the one glass too!

Oo, finger's crossed for a good measurement result! Sounds positive so far! You've done really well this week, well done, babe!

Bron

Hey missy.... thought it was about time I said 'ello'... Seems you are giving it some comitment now love - stick with it and you will be seeing the losses ASAP. I went under 25bmi this week which was wicked! :) I cant wait to start heading toward 22.... Bring it on. Well done on the wine front - ur more disciplined than me :)

Well waist went down to 75.5cm's but then today came TOM! And this morning up to 76.5cm. Water today has been bad too.

On with tomorrow

Lou I would kill to be under 25 again. Still feeling my way with Atkins and vegetarian low carb but determined to get there and slowly. I would love to loose the 8kilos but over the next 6 weeks would settle for half of that!

xx

First little goal is 75cm waist and 160 lbs.

I read in your posts that you find it hard to stop at 1 glass Lou!! hehe, those sound like fun nights though.

XX

Perhaps try meausring your waist on a less regular basis? I take my measurements about every 2 months - that way I see massive losses and never see an increase!

1 glass..... 1 is never enough :)

Well dinner out tonight and only 1.5 glasses of wine. I did have a good amount, a bar worth of dark chocolate, from a block for desert... bummer....

never mind lots of water tomorrow and fingers crossed for the end of the week.
xx

Oh and then I went on to have some yoghurt and then slice of fruit toast with butter! So now this morning (between posts) I am jogging on the spot for 20 mins before work and some floor exercises. My gym membership has expired and I am going to wait a week before renewing. Lack of funds.

I still cannot get Atkins to work for me. Will try really hard today again. Might combine it with Cohen's. I am not getting the 3 cups of vege's a day?? Might aim for a vege stir fry at night, with tofu or egg, on rotation. then yoghurt or egg for breakfast, and tuna or tofu salad for lunch's. I might think about a piece of fruit too. Missing that really.

Bren
xx

Back