Bren's Diary

I have indeed - today is day 13, and WI this morn says a stone. My August challenge was to lose a stone, so thrilled that I've done it in 2 weeks! I know it'll all slow down now, but if I can carry on losing a stone a month I'll be very happy.

I've just been looking in the 'before and after' pics bit, and someone has bravely posted pics of themselves weekly to help track weight loss and let them see the change. I'm just contemplating doing the same myself... bit scary though! Might go and get the OH and his camera... :gulp:

Well, I've managed to attach a pic of me at new year, and then taken 2 wearing the same dress. I think there's a bit of a difference, but it's not as obvious as it could be as I had serious control underwear on at new year, and nothing today.

Also took some very scary legging-and-lycra-top photos (I apologise for bleeding eyes) which is what I'll try and wear for my weekly / fortnightly / monthly photos. I'll attach those in a minute...

Attachments

• 01-01-10.jpg
    01-01-10.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 12th aug green front.jpg
    12th aug green front.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 12-08-10- green side.jpg
    12-08-10- green side.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 65
Looking at those photos together, I think the biggest difference is the satin band around my waist - you can hardly see it at New Year because of the fat around my middle pushing it up, and yet it's all flat and visible with no sucking in of tummies or control wear today - very pleased! Now for the scary ones...

Here they are. 12th August, weighing 14st 1.6lbs having lost exactly 14.0lbs.

Think I'll take my next set in a fortnight, hopefully half a stone lighter.

Attachments

• 12th aug front.jpg
    12th aug front.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 12th aug side.jpg
    12th aug side.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 59
Braver than me chick!

And, I actually do think you can see quite a difference in the green dress pictures.

Hey well done Bren, Can you believe you have lost a stone in two weeks. Chuffed to bits for you. LOL Cleo calling you a clumsy cow. :)
I can see a difference in your green dress too. x

Well, beginning of day 14 for me, and week 2 weigh in shows.... 5.6lbs off! Total loss = 15.6lbs :D

Last edited:
Well done Bren, youre doing really well! Good for you posting pics! I think its a great way of seeing where the weight is coming off. Good luck for week 3.
Emma x

Well, a different week this week. Firstly, week 3 weigh in - only lost 0.6lbs. I was disappointed, but it wasn't a shock as although I've been on holiday all week I have weighed myself a couple of times.

So. This week... on Sunday, I went out for a (planned) carvery - I drank sparkling water and ate meat and veggies only, no potatoes or starchy veg like parsnips, and of course no starter or dessert (sad times!) I won't lie - it was LOVELY to be able to taste real food! I had ketostix on hols with me and checked myself daily and had stayed in ketosis.

On Monday I had a slip up - my friend wanted pizza take away, so I went with her to collect it... I managed to resist the pizza but I did end up buying fish from the fish and chip shop. However, I did peel the batter off, so not the end of the world, but I was a bit cross at myself as it was unnecessary and unplanned.

Tuesday I stayed 100%, Wednesday my boyfriend came to visit us for the day and we all went out for a (planned) lunch - again, I had my meal altered and swapped the chips for veg, so good out meat and fresh veg again. Thursday back to 100%. So, maybe the food slowed down my weight loss this week.

However, I estimate that on all 3 occasions my meal plus shake/s for the day were no more than 800 cals. I was on a sports holiday, and was burning an extra 2000 calories a DAY!! Science says therefore that my weekly calorie intake was approximately 3750. We'll call it 4000 just in case there were a few more in the food than I thought. My weekly calorie usage would be 4000 per day = 28000 so I had a calorie deficit this week of 24,000 calories!! I should, by that logic, have lost nearly 7lbs this week. I KNOW I cannot have lost only 0.6lbs of fat.

I have been so active that I am therefore fairly sure I have lost several lbs of fat, but helpfully replaced it with muscle :rolleyes: or maybe I'm just experiencing the seemingly-common 3-week-stall?

Whatever the reason, I have to eat again tonight for a family birthday celebration (again, everyone else is having a 3-course set menu, and I have selected one of the main courses and asked for it without potatoes or white wine sauce) but then it's 100% all week. Fingers crossed for a nice big loss next week to make up for it - I'd dearly love to have lost 1.5 stone by the end of the month, which means I'd need a loss of 5lbs this week...

Hi Bren, just reading your diary and wondering if maybe you would be better on the Atkins, I hear its a similar way of working as LT, but you can eat.
You did so well in the first two weeks, the problem is when you start eating you might find yourself on a slippery slope, but I hope not.
You might be right about the exercise as muscle weighs more than fat.
Good luck with your next week.
Emma x

I'd rather stay on LT - after all, I only ate because I was on a sports holiday (and let's be honest, no medical professional would advise eating 450 cals a day whilst burning 4000!!) and my will power is definitely strong enough to go immediately back on 100%! When I have eaten, I have chosen carefully to allow me to remain in ketosis and as such, I haven't had any hunger pangs or cravings and have found it really easy to switch straight back to TFR. I think it would be pretty weak willed of me to drop it after just 1 week's poor loss - after all, I've lost 16.2lbs in 3 weeks which is still above average I think!

Well, I've just measured myself :shudder: BUT.... I have definitely lost inches this week!

I started off with chest (under boobs - not measuring around boobs as too ridiculously huge, and not my main concern anyway!), waist and hips as 38/40/48 three weeks ago. What concerned me the most was my huge waist (it was all very 'squishable' - I was still wearing 32" trousers - but not a good look!) and my waist/hips ratio of 0.83 (anything over 0.8 is considered a health risk).

Today, my measurements are 35/36/44, so I have already lost 3/4/4 inches from these key areas. My waist/hips ratio has already reduced to 0.81 so I'm definitely heading in the right direction. I reckon another 2 weeks and I'll be approx 34/34/42 with a ratio of exactly 0.8 and edging ever closer to 'healthy' :D

Well done Bren, good to hear it!
Emma x

Well done Bren! your results are fab. I think its great that you have started monitoring your measurements and have lost so many inches so fast. I might do mine tomorrow and see if i can see a difference each week. Keep up the good work.

well done bren for having the strengh to switch straight back to tfr you have much more will power than me lol.
you will probably have a big loss this weeki have read somewhere that this sometmes happens.
so keep up the good work x x x

Thanks all!

I'm losing track now of what day I'm on - time is actually flying by! It's Day 23 today. I have been 100% nearly every day. I've eaten on 4 occasions (days 16, 17, 19 and 21 - when on holiday) but by choosing foods carefully I have remained in ketosis. Back off hols and back on it 100% and feeling good! Hoping for a nice big loss this week.

Things I need to think about this week:
- Drink more water - I'm still struggling to drink enough
- Star trying to get into a routine with shakes ready for starting new job
- Keep the activity levels up!

Day 26, been 100% since the holiday - I have to say I've not found it difficult to return to TFR, with the exception of OH's cookies! Last night I rather pathetically broke a cookie up as if I was eating it, sniffed each bit, and gave it to OH. Before that he was cooking a chicken stirfry, so I stirred it a bit and stood and sniffed. I don't know why, but it really does help!

Hopped on the scales this morning, and 13st 10.2lbs :D another measley pound and I'll have lost 10% of my starting weight!

Back