Bren's Diary

Feeling a bit food-obsessed today. I've still stuck to TFR, but my Dad's cooking my absolute favourite of all of his [many] specialities - home-made chicken and ham pie with a nice big crunchy jacket potato. I made the mistake of wandering into the kitchen to make my shake just as he was putting it all together - it smelt divine! I did my usual sniffing and ogling until it passed :rolleyes:

I am wondering though about starting to put together a 'menu' of foods I'm allowed - a menu I'll have to stick to, ALL the time, no matter what. I'll have snacks, main meals and sweet treats on it, and when I'm back eating I'll be able to use it to choose my weekly menu and so organise my shopping better. I do tend to be a bit OCD as well ;) so I'll then type up all the actual recipes (incl. weights of foods and so on) and calculate the calories, fats and carbs for each meal. If nothing else, it gives me something to do when the rest of the family are eating, and allows me to obsess over food whilst a/ not eating any and b/ hopefully helping to re-educate me about what I can eat.

I'm hopeful that this loooooong preparation will also ensure I don't just go crazy and eat *anything* when I come off LT. Step 1.... reasearch gluten free alternatives to flour...

good on ya if you do that can i hire you to do me one lol your doing really wellto stick to it after your holiday as i know i couldnt of x x x

Lol it was quite therapeutic to start planning menus - you'll be welcome to a copy when I'm done, but I am a fussy eater in some respects (I have 'issues' with certain textures, rather than flavours) so you may be able to be a lot more inventive!

Blimey! You've been busy!!

Well done Chick :)

Super stuff well done!!

im the same with the textures lol
well im back from my 5th weigh in and im pleased to say another 5lb off i swear i love lipotrim x x

Well done that is a brilliant loss x

Well, I've just measured myself :shudder: BUT.... I have definitely lost inches this week!

I started off with chest, waist and hips as 38/40/48 three weeks ago.

Today, my measurements are 35/36/44, so I have already lost 3/4/4 inches from these key areas. My waist/hips ratio has already reduced to 0.81 so I'm definitely heading in the right direction.

I posted this a week ago, and my measurements today are 35/35.5/43.5 so another inch lost this week. Total losses 3/4.5/4.5. I also measured my upper arms and thighs (thighs are my main problem area :yuk: ) and have shrunk from 14/28 to 12/25.5 so another 4.5" gone there.

Weigh in today, lost 6.6lbs, bringing my total loss to 22.8lbs. Halfway point for me will be 28.8lbs lost, so less than half a stone to go!

well done chick x x

Forgot to do my photos this weekend - I'll try and do them tomorrow instead. I had a nice surprise this morning - I decided to try on some smaller trousers. Dug out the smallest pair in my current wardrobe (I put all my 'skinny' clothes away in the loft as it was too depressing looking at them all the time!) which are marked up as a size 16 but I bought them when I was otherwise wearing size 14, as the sizes in that brand seemed to come up very small. They not only FIT but were a bit loose! I think I might actually squeeze into 14's now! Few more lbs off and I suspect that size 14's will be comfortable (rather than a squeeze ;) ) Might be almost time to dig out the other clothes.

That's brilliant Bren, I too did the same thing yesterday and was pleasantly suprised. Have to admit I'm still a long way off fitting into a size 14 (for those who don't know me personally, I am a funny shape - all tummy and hardly any fat elsewhere!), but the size 16's weren't tight!

Well done you 2!!!! Great work

Had to go to the dentist this morning, which involved strolling past Costa with time to kill (waiting for OH). Managed to resist going in for a giant hot chocolate by instead nipping into a charity shop to see if I COULD squeeze into any size 14's. Well, tried on a pair of trousers and a clingy 'suit' type dress - the trousers went on but I couldn't quite do them up, and I couldn't manage the dress zip by myself but liked it so bought it anyway (£4, Next, and as new condition!) and have just tried it on with OH to help - it zips up! I'll need to drop another half stone before I wear it in public (it's slightly stretchy so highlights every lump and bump!) but I'm thrilled - 4 weeks ago I was firmly in the size 18 bracket.

Water water everywhere...

Focusing on drinking more. I really struggle to drink more than about 1L unless obsessing about it - I just don't get thirsty, and now I'm so well into ketosis I don't get hungry either. At the start I drank water everytime I felt hungry or needed a distraction from food, so it was easy to get my minimum water intake!

Today I've had 1 shake and 0.5L. Going to have a shower and have another 250mls (um, not from the shower!) then maybe get some updated photos.

Well done Bren! Brilliant that you've dropped 2 dress sizes in 4 weeks! Bet you are so pleased.

I know what you mean about the water, Im finding it a real chore now. Plus I havent had one night in the last 2 weeks where I have slept through. Instead everynight I have been up anything between 2 to 4 times to go to the loo! think I might be drinking my water to late into the evening but if i dont spread it out I'll never fit it in! I try to drink about 4 litres a day split between my bottles of cold water and green tea. How much are you managing?

I'm barely even managing 2L some days, which I know isn't enough! Yesterday I think I had 1.75L. Today I'm on 1.5L already, so must keep it up!

Yes. Keep it up Missus.

I find making sure I have enough water bottled up and in the fridge, cold and ready for me makes all the difference. I have a stock of old water bottles that I refill from the tap and chill each night ready for the next day. My top tip is not to use 2ltr bottles though, they're too bulky and a bit intimidating. I have a few 500ml bottles and a couple of 1ltr ones that I use and make sure I ALWAYS have one to hand. If I'm going out I'll grab one or two so I can sip all the time.

Try it - it really works!

I will! I just seem to forget. I often go and get a glass of water, put it down right next to me while I'm working, and then don't touch it for 5 hours. So frustrating - why can't I just be thirsty?!

TBH, I don't drink because I'm thirsty, I drink becasue it's become habit and also I'm pretty aware of how much I have drunk in relation to how much I NEED.

I think you need to obsess over it for a few days (and we both know you're capable of that :p ) until it becomes a habit again.

Yep, will begin obsessing again. Somehow!

Size 14 trousers and top for work today :D People at work - who don't know me that well and had only spent a handful of days seeing me pre-LT - noticed already that I've lost weight, so must be getting quite noticeable now :D

Back