Bren's Diary

Thanks all! I still think I look fat and lumpy, but then I choose leggings and a lycra top to avoid hiding any bumps!

Last night my OH got my 'thin clothes' out of the loft - mainly size 12's and 14's, with a few small 16's in that hadn't fitted me for ages. I had a marathon (over 2 hour!!) trying on session of literally every dress, skirt and trousers I own (from fat and thin clothes selections!) - I had to put nearly all my trousers away that were still in my current wardrobe, plus loads of skirts and dresses. Of the ones out of the thin suitcase, about half fitted and I hung it up in my 'current' wardrobe.... and about half was too big already!! :D

I think I can safely say I am a size 14 now - every 14 fitted, many slightly too big, 1 a bit tight, but we all know sizes vary. I am devastated about 2 of my favourite dresses being too big - one was a very expensive bravissimo one that I've only worn once for my graduation, so I'm going to have it professionally taken in rather than sell it. The other - a ball gown - may be sold instead.

Still got more trying on to do - I started on the corsets last night (I have a tiny obsession - I have 2 gold, 2 black and red, 1 blue, 1 black, 1 silver, plus 4 basques...) and haven't been able to get ANY of them done up in about a year (and only the size 18 one, which is far from an 18 really!) and now nearly all of them fit. They will ALL fit (except the 'size 18' which is currently perfect laced at it's tightest) when I'm another half stone down! Also got all my tops to try on - mammoth job :eek:

Yay!!

Congratulations Bren! That is so exciting. I cannot wait until some of my current clothes are too loose and some of my old clothes are fitting...it's such a good feeling when that happens..yay for you!!! :D:D:D

Brilliant Bren....sounds like you had a ball! I can't wait to be able to do that, it's a couple of years since I was at my 'normal' weight and honestly can't remember what clothes I've got anymore! it's going to be brilliant to dress up again though I guess that I might not exactly be fashionable:( but who gives a sh*t as I will be thin and on :character00100: !

Sounds amazing Bren, well done :)
Emma x

I think I am spending far too much time reading posts from Sandra to even be thinking about commenting on this, but... I haven't pooed in a week! I think I'm going to have to consider some laxatives... although I don't feel uncomfortable, but I do feel slightly 'bunged up'. No idea what to buy though...

How on earth did I get this reputation as the Queen of poo?......and I haven't even posted about my colonic yet.....that's tomorrow guys at midday...don't worry you'll read all about it on here!

Well. Last night was my worst night on the diet so far.

I had a pre-arranged meal our with my course mates (we all graduated in July) and a couple of our lecturers. When we got there, a few people were ill so it ended up being a very select group of 4 (my best friend from the course and our 2 favourite lecturers!) so in many ways it was a lovely evening - LOTS of talking (I'd lost my voice when I got home!) BUT. I hadn't pre-warned any of them I was on the diet, and had decided to go for atkins-type choices to stay in ketosis. Only I kind of felt I 'had' to have a starter, then I ended up 'having' to have a dessert. I was SO cross with myself. I was then even more upset when I had to pay - we split the bill 4 ways, and it was quite a pricey place anyway, but the others all had coffees, biscuits and wine PLUS the tip meant each quarter was £40 :eek: and I am really struggling with money at the moment. So then I felt guilty for over-eating, weak because I didn't have the balls to say I'd just have a main OR for saying I couldn't afford to pay a quarter, and just generally fat and miserable. I cried all the way home in the car :attractive: and it was just generally a low point of the whole 10 weeks for me.

However.

Today I have woken up feeling practical. So, on the plus side:
- I only drank water all night
- I refused all bread, potatoes etc
- I ordered extra veg instead of chips
- I had a zero carb main course
- I had a very low carb starter (cod baked in pea and parsley sauce - I left most of the sauce)
- The dessert was TINY (what is it with expensive places?!) and I chose a bitter chocolate torte, which tasted like my sister makes, which is 70% dark chocolate and double cream, so high fat but very low carb
- I have weighed myself this morning (still pre-poo - sorry for TMI!!) and am exactly the same weight as last Saturday, so although I'm heavier than a couple of days ago (when I was 12st 3lbs) at least over the whole week I haven't put weight on.
- I've been doing sit-ups at least every morning and most nights too - am up to 40 morning and night.
- My waist this morning measured 32.75" - so a loss of 0.75" since monday :D so I think I might make my 3 week challenge of losing 2" by Monday 25th Oct!

I could say I've STS this week, but am going to give myself the benefit of the doubt and stay 100% today and have my week 10 weigh in tomorrow morning.

Well. Last night was my worst night on the diet so far.

I had a pre-arranged meal our with my course mates (we all graduated in July) and a couple of our lecturers. When we got there, a few people were ill so it ended up being a very select group of 4 (my best friend from the course and our 2 favourite lecturers!) so in many ways it was a lovely evening - LOTS of talking (I'd lost my voice when I got home!) BUT. I hadn't pre-warned any of them I was on the diet, and had decided to go for atkins-type choices to stay in ketosis. Only I kind of felt I 'had' to have a starter, then I ended up 'having' to have a dessert. I was SO cross with myself. I was then even more upset when I had to pay - we split the bill 4 ways, and it was quite a pricey place anyway, but the others all had coffees, biscuits and wine PLUS
the tip meant each quarter was £40 :eek: and I am really struggling with money at the moment. So then I felt guilty for over-eating, weak because I didn't have the balls to say I'd just have a main OR for saying I couldn't afford to pay a quarter, and just generally fat and miserable. I cried all the way home in the car :attractive: and it was just generally a low point of the whole 10 weeks for me.

However.

Today I have woken up feeling practical. So, on the plus side:
- I only drank water all night
- I refused all bread, potatoes etc
- I ordered extra veg instead of chips
- I had a zero carb main course
- I had a very low carb starter (cod baked in pea and parsley sauce - I left most of the sauce)
- The dessert was TINY (what is it with expensive places?!) and I chose a bitter chocolate torte, which tasted like my sister makes, which is 70% dark chocolate and double cream, so high fat but very low carb
- I have weighed myself this morning (still pre-poo - sorry for TMI!!) and am exactly the same weight as last Saturday, so
although I'm heavier than a couple of days ago (when I was 12st 3lbs) at least over the whole week I haven't put weight on.
- I've been doing sit-ups at least every morning and most nights too - am up to 40 morning and night.
- My waist this morning measured 32.75" - so a loss of 0.75" since monday :D so I think I might make my 3 week challenge of losing 2" by Monday 25th Oct!

I could say I've STS this week, but am going to give myself the benefit of the doubt and stay 100% today and have my week 10 weigh in tomorrow morning.

Oh don't beat yourself up Bren, you could've been so much worse, got totally pissed and woke up today with a hangover to add to your woes......

If you can get back 100% for the next week you'll probably feel a lot better and correct any wrongdoing from last night.

Remember, today is another day, all bright and shiny new x

I think what made it all even more miserable was that I hadn't seen any of them since graduation (ie a week before I started the diet) and none of them noticed my weight loss :( I know I'm still a long way from slim, but I'm nearly 3 stone down - I could have really done with a positive comment as a pick me up! (And, had they noticed at the beginning, I feel I would have had the strength to say 'it's this really strict diet I'm on, so sorry if I'm a bit anti-social tonight but I'll not be having a starter or dessert', but because they didn't comment I almost felt like my efforts had been in vain so I might as well join in with the whole night :(

Feeling ok today, seriously grumpy and emotional, so another positive is I'm sure my TOTM is on the way (finally!)

You have done so well, Bren. I have enjoyed reading all your posts. So what if they didn't say anything? Sometimes, when we notice somebody has lost weight, we don't like to say anything unless they bring up the subject themselves. We don't want to offend by implying they looked heavy beforehand, perhaps they are ill or under stress . . multiple reasons. When I last lost weight, many told me they had noticed earlier but had not wanted to comment. I know I had lost 32 lbs before ANYONE passed a comment. You know it's gone for good. And soon the world and his mother will be passing remarks. Keep it up!

Slaney's got a good point there Bren, perhaps they did notice but were unsure about saying anything for whatever reason.....who knows? One thing's for sure it's absolutely bound to be noticeable by now xx

You are doing so well. I hate it when people don't notice - which is often. My Mum hasn't really noticed yet and I have kept the diet quite low key so it would be a shock for them. (So much for that idea)

I know that my OH has noticed (very much), my horse has noticed, my sofa has noticed, my clothes have really noticed and most of all I have noticed. If you think of all the people who have noticed you will feel so much better!

Aww Bren hey just put that evening behind you and re-focus babe you are doing amazingly well ! I hadnt seen my best friend for about two months whilst doing LT and when I did see her she didnt say a word about my loss I think she was quite shocked. I went to see her again the other day and I stopped in my tracks when I saw LT sachets lined up in the kitchen lol I think most people have their own private battles with weight going on in their own minds. Well done for making sensible choices at the meal too huni xxx

Thanks all, I love this forum!

I ended up doing a pregnancy test yesterday as still no TOTM - thankfully it was negative, and of course today it's arrived :rolleyes: which probably also explains my over-emotionalness about the other night!

Arse, tits and bollocks. 172.0lbs. 12st 4lbs exactly. A pathetic 1.2lbs off from last week. Frustrated because in the middle of the week, I was weighing in at 171lbs but hey. Still going down, must look at the positives. Also TOTM, so can't beat myself up over a poor loss.

18lbs to go - and I plan on being on this 'strictly' for 6 weeks. 3lbs a week... I don't seem to be that consistent, so it could be unrealistic, but I just have to keep plugging on.

Could be worse Bren, you could've been pregnant!:eek:

I know, small mercies!!

100% Saturday, Sunday and today :D

Should be back in ketosis - will check tomorrow. Had a bit of a brainwave as to why I might be a little 'blocked up' since changing to Cambridge - I think it's because I used to have my choc LT shake mixed with peppermint tea every single night, and now I don't ever mix CD shakes with peppermint tea, so wondering if it was actually they tea that kept me regular?! May have to start drinking the tea again...

Hi Bren well done on getting back on track, after 14 weeks on choc shake only I decided to re-try the other flavours and bought some peppermint tea. Now I hate mint but I now love peppermint tea and it makes me feel like my mouth is fresher. Im ok too with the other flavours now so the next 9 weeks wont be as boring as I thought lol Keep up the good work hun xxx

Back