Briar Rose's Journey!

Oh no poor you I hope they can fit her in soon and it's nothing too serious.

Oh no I hope your car is easily fixable-amazing how much we rely on them! You will easily do 22lbs by your holiday you're doing fab :0)

Poxy car! Hope she's fixed soon.

Can you tolerate sweeteners? I don't like them in principle, but if I'm having a Must Eat All The Cake moment, a sweetened tea takes the edge off it and doesn't affect ketosis like sugar might.

You're doing fabulously though! Keep up al the good work. Hope your rash was due to the washing and not the diet - being itchy is miserable!

Thanks everyone,

Yes I do have sweeteners in my teas and coffees etc. It was because I felt so stressed and light headed that I had the sugar ( and the fact I was at my mums and she didn't have a sweetener ).

Im waiting to hear back what is wrong with my car. I don't realise how much I need it until something like this happens. x

Fingers crossed its not too bad :fingerscrossed:

Well the car situation looks quite bad. My local garage has had it all day today and he is not 100% sure what it is but he can't do anything with it until next thur anyway. He thinks its quite a big job and could cost up to £1000. OMG not happy... Anyway my hubby has organised a second opinion tomorrow so we will see what that comes back with. In the meantime Im still relying on lifts and its doing my head in. I might have to hire a car yet.

Diet wise, I've done well again today. Im trying to stay on track so much as if I don't want to ruin all the hard work. x

Well the car situation looks quite bad. My local garage has had it all day today and he is not 100% sure what it is but he can't do anything with it until next thur anyway. He thinks its quite a big job and could cost up to £1000. OMG not happy... Anyway my hubby has organised a second opinion tomorrow so we will see what that comes back with. In the meantime Im still relying on lifts and its doing my head in. I might have to hire a car yet.

Diet wise, I've done well again today. Im trying to stay on track so much as if I don't want to ruin all the hard work. x

Wow that's alot of money. Don't think it would even be worth it to my repair my car at that price, lol. REally hope you get something sorted soon, it's amazing how much we rely on our cars.

Im getting really worried about the price myself Liz. My car is only worth about 3k so to have to pay out such a lot will be awful. Especially so close to our holidays. Still these things are sent to try us and Im trying to remain calm for once. x

Im getting really worried about the price myself Liz. My car is only worth about 3k so to have to pay out such a lot will be awful. Especially so close to our holidays. Still these things are sent to try us and Im trying to remain calm for once. x

Ahh that's right everything is a test and patience is the cure. Hope you find a solution, have a good day hun

Hi Sue, blimey £1000! :eek: Well done for staying on track through all of this :hug99: xx

Hope you get your car sorted.
Hope you have a good weekend :)

Hope you have less stress this weekend x

Hope you managed to get a better 2nd opinion on your car? Let's all hope for a lottery win lol! Hope you manage to have a good weekend :0)

Ive had the worst day ever today which has left me like a jelly tonight.

The mechanic came this morning for a second opinion on the car and decided that it wasn't what the other garage had said but he couldn't put his finger on what it was. The car has been stalling all the time, including when you brake, it just shuts down. Well he took it off to another garage and after wiggling a few wires they thought it was much better but still not 100% sure. He drove it for half an hour and he said it was fine and told me to drive it and see how it went and he would come out again if anything started again.

Heres the bad part. I drove to my first customer and back fine. I drove to second customer fine but on my way back I had to go on a duel carriage way. The traffic was fairly slow moving further ahead so I had to brake, at this point I was going over the river and there was no hard shoulder and you can guess what happened!!!. The car died on me. OMG !!! There was a huge lorry behind me and how he managed to stop I will never know. I couldn't warn him as my car had died. Nobody could of swerved as we were on a bridge! Anyway I got the car going again after what seemed like ages and it was only seconds and I managed to get off the bypass. It then stalled another 6 times before I could get to anywhere safely. Then it completely died and I couldn't start it.

Well I felt so shaky all afternoon, legs like jelly and wanting to cry...I think it was slight shock. The best of it was I had arranged to hire a car today but when the mechanic told me it was ok I cancelled the car.

Anyway we have got the car home and mechanic really doesn't know whats wrong so we have to take it somewhere else next week. I have told hubby that enough is enough and it has to go.

Sorry to unload all of this but I have to write it down.

Diet wise Ive had an extra bar as I felt ill but ok other than that. x

Omg you poor thing that's terrible so glad no one got hurt. You done really well just having another bar. I hope you sort something out soon.

Bless your heart that does sound scary, damn cars! Sounds like a fuel problem of some description (I'm guessing first garage though fuel pump as they can be pricey!)... What sort of car do you have? I borrowed my dads Citroen a few years back and that always used to cut out on me, usually when I got to about 60 miles an hour, but it never cut out on him!! Ggrr, he just blamed me & said its the way I drive - cheek!! Hope you've recovered from your shock anyway x

Hi hun, sounds like you're having a hard time time at the moment. It's horrible as everything seems to go wrong at the worst times! I know that feeling!

Well done on not giving up on the diet x

I hope you get the car sorted! X

Wow, that sounded nasty. I'm glad you're ok!

I would be the same and want rid of the car.

Well done for sticking with the diet and choosing an extra bar :)

What a nightmare, i'm glad you're safe and sound. I used to have a car that did that, it was something to do with having dirt in the fuel tank and to fix it they would have had to replace the fuel tank. That was a way too pricey option so got rid of the car. I would never want to go through something like that again, it was a nightmare when it cut out, especially as a woman alone. I really can empathise with you.

I second Liz on the fact that your ok x. Soooooo proud you went for an extra bar than go off plan after that day!! It is best to get rid but what will you get if you try and sell in it's current condition?? It's a bloody awful situation Hun. Keep your chin up I'm sure a solution will arise x.

And keep on plan x

Back