Bring it on....round 2!

Hi cookie

Well done for sticking at it. Hope HR settles into normal rhythm.

I'm day 6 CD but going to convert to Exante when my packs run out. You can tell me what flavours you recommend!

Have a nice day :) x

Restarted CD 31 Aug
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Thanks FFnB - soon to be just Forever bubbly ;)

Good luck with the transition from CD to exante - I think this forum is an excellent substitution for the sessions with the counsellor that you get with CD.

In terms of flavours, everyone seems to have different favourites and exante have launched a whole heap of new flavours which I haven't tried yet. I usually get the mixed bumper pack and to be honest I dont really have an issue with any of the flavours other than the banana (but I am just a bit weird and hate bananas!) Of the 'classic' flavours that I have tried my favourite is the vanilla shake as I like to jazz it up by adding it to a coffee or mint tea. The strawberry is your bog standard slightly artificially tasting strawberry flavour - it is quite yum if you blend it with ice to make a strawberry milkshake. the chocolate shake has a slightly unusual smell to it but I disguise it by adding to mint tea or just drink it down. With the soups, I find that if I add a bit more water than on the instructions, I they are ok. I know a few people really aren't keen on the soups, but if you add a tad of extra salt or maybe some bouillon powder or herbs or chilli, it can improve them. I find the bars useful when im out and about and I much prefer the choc orange to the raison one. But as I say everyone is different - it may be worth you ordering a few sample packs before you place a large order just to see?

I guess that, as with any of the vlcd, they are not going to be an amazingly enjoyable eating experience - they are just a means to an end of getting us to a place where we can, hopefullly enjoy our food but have a healthy relashionship with it at the same time.

Wishing you all the best and keep us posted on how you get on,

cookie xx

Hi Cookie, hope you're having a fab weekend xx

Re' the heart rhythm, I honestly can't remember what name he gave it. I was just relieved I didn't need treatment at the time.

Your very welcome,When do you think you will be switching over to exante?

Day 9...
Well it has been a very hectic day today - always a good thing for me diet wise, no chance to think about food and the rest of the week looks to be just as hectic.
I stopped off at a tesco to try and pick up some ultraslim bars, but to my great disappointment they didnt have any, just the shakes. I am seriously craving a raspberry one now - haven't had one in years! will have to set off early on my commute on Weds to see if a different branch has them in stock.....

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

wishing us all a strong week ahead,

TCM xxx

Good morning Cookie.

Oh no! hope you manage to get hold of some of the bars. Maybe an online order if you can't get them in store?

Have a fab day, and a strong week wished for you too xx

cheers GP
I may well have to go down the online route!
xxx

Day 10
OK Cookie here we go ....
It absolutely has to be another 100% day today! I've got this dinner meeting tom so have to be in damage limitation mode before and after. I have 3 more lbs to shed before the 22nd of Sept if I'm going to be able to meet my mini goal. It Should be totally doable as long as I stick to plan.

My long term plan is to get this Weight licked in 100 days. That has to include re feeding & being settled into a sensible eating regime. l am doing this in blocks of 10 days. l am now 1 block down and have 9 to go.

At the moment the plan is that l don't want to have to order in any more bumper packs, so after 20- 30 more days l want to start adding in some low carb/ low fat meals and slowly wean myself back onto food Whilst hopefully still loosing a bit of weight.

Day 100 is the 17th December 2013. . . BRING IT ON!!

Another day done and dusted!
I tried the pasta carbonara this eve - It was very sloppy but edible. I also made half of my porridge oats into biscuits ready as a mid morning snack for my break tomorrow. Will have just half a shake in the am and split it that way. I tried the other half as porridge yest and just can face it like that - Its perfectly edible but I just find it sits very heavily on the tum - I generally don't enjoy cooked porridge full stop, I have raw oats with milk instead.

Am gonna go find a tape measure and record my vital stats at the end of me first 10 days - will hopefully be motivation for tge next few weeks when the losses are likely to slow down.

I also bought some ketostix today - I know tgat they are not tge best measure of things, but In tge past I found something strangely reassuring about peeing on a stick!!!

im gonna go and cut a few into about 4 mini strips - tight cow that I am ;)

Hope everyone has a great evening

Good afternoon Cookie, hope you're having a fab one xx

Cheers Giggles!
Just got on the train home from my meeting- I'm pretty chuffed as l managed to have a salmon salad & funky herbal tea with only a few eyebrows raised!!
Am really tired though, been out since 6am. I'm looking forward to a hot bath and bed when l get home.

Another really long day tom........

Night all and all the best for tom!
xxxxxx

2 more mad busy days done and dusted.
I managed to hit my mini target this morning & so picked up my reward of a nice bottle of perfume. YAY!!
I also saw what l want for my next reward: a gorgeous neck scarf in the Very aptly name shop "fat face"-! They have some really lovely stuff in there but it is normally too pricy for me . l may consider getting some actual clothing from there When l hit target, we shall see......

Roll on mini target 2: GET TO 80Kg. This NEEDS to be done by 14th October..Bring it on!

hope everyone has had a good end to the week- wishing everyone steely strong resolve for the weekend!

xxxxxxxxx

Well done cookie!

Great news about the perfume and loving the neck scarf challenge you've got going!

Keep up the good work :/) x

Restarted CD 9 Sept 5ft 1"
13st 2 BMI 37.2
Wk1 12st5.5 -10.5 BMI 32.7

Thanks FFNB,How are you getting along?
xxxx

:banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::banghead::banghead:
I

Really cross with myself! Some patterns aee really hard to break - as soon as I start doing well I fall straight off the wagon. I have family coming to stay for a few days and so I spent all morning cooking all sorts of yummy things for them and ended up with a small plateful for lunch!! This I why I weigh myself as and when rather than saving it up for a weekly total - if I think ive done well I think its ok to be a bit naughty - I even tried to kid myself today that it would actually be good for my leptin levels and actually speed up my metabolism and help my overall progress!!

OK rant over I have to draw a solid line under this and move straight on!!

I'm doing good. Day 13. No feelings of starvation or major temptation yet! X

Restarted CD 9 Sept 5ft 1"
13st 2 BMI 37.2
Wk1 12st5.5 -10.5 BMI 32.7

Thats great!
And just seen your week 1 stats - congratulations on such a great result!

wishing u all the best with - long may your resolve last - I need to borrow some of it today!!

xxxx

Good morning Cookie, loving your rewards.

Sorry you wobbled off track, hope you find your resolve today, you know it's there inside you. Have a fab one xx

Back