'Britain's fattest teenager' regains weight after losing 14st

well i hope she gets the help she needs.

I am a food addict and wish to god i could make myself eat healthy dinners[veg] everyday like everybody and not be so greedy on the junk food

i am planning on trying to give up junk food for lent

I think people saying she didnt have a clue because of her age is a bit weird.. Shes 17.. shes not a child, shes pretty much an adult.. I moved out from my parents when i was 17.. And i think sometimes you have to take responsibility for yourself.. She has an addiction, but its not even addiction where she can be like "right, no more heroin for me.. no more tobacco for me.. no more alcohol for me" because shes always going to need to eat to keep herself alive.. which is bloody hard.. imagine a heroin addict allowing himself heroin, but stopping himself from being addicted..
I dont think its schools fault, i dont think its her parents fault, i dont think its the NHS's fault.. I think its just a sad thing thats happened.. And shes an addict, and hopefully she manages to overcome this addiction she has.. :(

Hia Kitteh!

Lovely to read your (as usual) perceptive post, and see the latest pic of your gorgeous son. Wow, he's a little gem, isn't he:)?

It's a real pain being addicted to food:rolleyes:, or at least addicted to the feelings of comfort it can offer:confused:. It's one of the addictions which is visually obvious:( and the negative reactions from society merely make us delve right back into the biscuit tin to escape. However, over the years you, I and many other stalwart Miniminers have been learning (sometimes painfully) how to live with food issues.

This young girl needs to do the same. It won't happen over night, because it can take years of 'lesson learning' before it sinks in that WE are the only ones who can make the change (and don't I know it lol).

I wonder if she is still hoping that outside agencies can provide her with the answer. They can't, really. She has to decide to stop this suicidal behaviour herself and no longer blame her mum for not providing the right foods for her, or for not being able to attend a gym for financial reasons.

There is no doubt I think that in the past her mother has used food to keep her dependent and at home. I am hoping that she can get counselling to help empower her to take responsibility now, and change her behaviour in the long term.

Alternatively, if she could find a forum like Minis, she would have access to a lot of fab people with a wealth of experience, compassion, and ultimately hope for the future.

excellent post Amanda, yeah.. its so easy for us to sit and wait and think "someone will make me better".. but its just not true.. the same way its not true for anyone with an addiction.. we can't sit back and keep doing the same things hoping for a miracle.. and you're right about society.. being overweight, obese etc is so frowned upon.. that you just want to hide away from the world which makes it ten times worse.. Thats why minimins i imagine has helped so many people turn their lives around and realise that it comes from inside.. you can get education with regards to healthy eating, healthy living, diets to follow but at the end of the day its your willpower that it comes from..

I hope the next update we hear about her is a positive one, so she can turn around and say "see, i did it..!!"

And thanks doll, hes getting big now.. hehe..!
xxx

I'm sorry but 17 is old enough to know better. I've worked & paid my own way from I was 14. I 1st went to weight watchers when I was 16. A walk round the block is free! As others have said, she got more help & knowledge than most.
Maybe its time she was selfish & moved out. She could work from home if she didn't want to go out. There are many things Georgia could do for herself but she chooses not too. Why should others pay for her to receive expensive treatment when she wastes it. Many of us pay our own way to a slimmer self. Minimins is my support group. There are options!
Sorry rant over.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

People just do do things for you when you're a child. And if she's been terribly overweight she may not have been able to develop mentally as well as some people, with the crippling self image problems we all have, so she might be a bit younger than her years.
Anyway, if she has a computer and finds this forum, most people are not judgemental, most people are kind and supportive! If you're there Georgia come and join in, it's a huge help to be with other people facing the same problems.

People just do do things for you when you're a child. And if she's been terribly overweight she may not have been able to develop mentally as well as some people, with the crippling self image problems we all have, so she might be a bit younger than her years.
Anyway, if she has a computer and finds this forum, most people are not judgemental, most people are kind and supportive! If you're there Georgia come and join in, it's a huge help to be with other people facing the same problems.

It is shocking how much she gained in a relatively short time, but its something we should all bear in mind. Whatever your weight was, is what your body wants you to be. When you lose the fat you dont lose the fat cells, they just sit there waiting to be filled up again, and your body is working against you.

Only a tiny percentage of people who lose a lot of weight keep it off, and its so demoralising when the weight starts to go back on again. Ive no doubt this girl was very depressed, and felt helpless. We all know about good nutrition, we all know about eating healthily, we are all diet experts. So why do so many people who have lost a lot of weight, put it all back plus more? Ive done it myself, it has taken me 35 years to get where I am now, so I have 35 years of experience of losing and gaining weight and I know damn well that if I dont really really stay on top of it it will start to creep back on again. Im sure this girl didnt believe she woudl regain all the weight, but even if she was aware, was she mentally strong enough to pull herself round? Apparently and sadly not. Im not saying anyone else other than her is to blame, when i regained 5 stone, i was the one to blame for it, but I felt helpless against it.

There but for the grace of god go I.........

well she has more to look forward to ..

I was watching Britains fattest man on 4oD and what struck me was he did not take any personal reality, and he used the passive voice when speaking of eating..No responsibility at all, eating was something that was happening to him, food was something happening to him..what i found so disturbing was not that he is was 58 stone , it was how passive and weak he has allowed himself to become. Still he had some fight towards the end and so long as a person does not give up, many things are possible

Bella

Last edited:
It is shocking how much she gained in a relatively short time, but its something we should all bear in mind. Whatever your weight was, is what your body wants you to be. When you lose the fat you dont lose the fat cells, they just sit there waiting to be filled up again, and your body is working against you.

Only a tiny percentage of people who lose a lot of weight keep it off, and its so demoralising when the weight starts to go back on again. Ive no doubt this girl was very depressed, and felt helpless. We all know about good nutrition, we all know about eating healthily, we are all diet experts. So why do so many people who have lost a lot of weight, put it all back plus more? Ive done it myself, it has taken me 35 years to get where I am now, so I have 35 years of experience of losing and gaining weight and I know damn well that if I dont really really stay on top of it it will start to creep back on again. Im sure this girl didnt believe she woudl regain all the weight, but even if she was aware, was she mentally strong enough to pull herself round? Apparently and sadly not. Im not saying anyone else other than her is to blame, when i regained 5 stone, i was the one to blame for it, but I felt helpless against it.

There but for the grace of god go I.........

Well said! A very honest and compassionate post.

There but for the grace of God go any or all of us!

in what sort of time frame did she gain like, 10st? The article says she weighed 33st in 2008, so I assume she went to the erm, 'fat camp' around that time also. But goes on to say that she got down to 18st and is now back to 28st.... in 3years? This seems ... amazing :confused:

in what sort of time frame did she gain like, 10st? The article says she weighed 33st in 2008, so I assume she went to the erm, 'fat camp' around that time also. But goes on to say that she got down to 18st and is now back to 28st.... in 3years? This seems ... amazing :confused:

Not really, if you're a compulsive overeater or binge eater it is easy to put on lots of weight in a short time, paricularly if you diet in between.

It seems such a shame to try so hard to loose weight and then forget all the good habits and put it back on I know it's always a battle but if you can do it and get it off I would hope the feeling u feel for lossing it would be so great that it would spur you on to keep it off! Well that's what I am hoping ok I only have 6 stone to loose but when you know that it's saving your life to keep it off it's such a same when you struggle to do it let's hope that they receive plenty of support to get it off again and keep it off xx

It sounds like perhaps the camp had her eat what she was supposed to do but maybe didn't teach her well? I know on Biggest Loser, they learn a lot about what to eat and what not to eat. Dunno... Going it alone can be very difficult. :(

wow, AmandaJayne I never realised you could gain that much that fast. I feel really awful her ):

Unfortunately its probably much too late for her to do something like SW. However the extreme training she got she could have absolutely realistically kept up with. Its not just a fast fix, not with the training and education she got at it.

I have to disagree with this, look at our Woman of the Year, she's lost almost 20 stone with slimming world, I personally know of someone who has lost 12 stone in 18 months with slimming world.

Its not a quick fix but it is sustainable

ps didn't mean to sound argumentative :) xx

I have to disagree with this, look at our Woman of the Year, she's lost almost 20 stone with slimming world, I personally know of someone who has lost 12 stone in 18 months with slimming world.

Its not a quick fix but it is sustainable

ps didn't mean to sound argumentative :) xx

That must be the lady I read about in the daily mirror. such a great advert for sw, its stories like that make me reckon I can achieve it too! Gonna join Thurs morning.:)

I didnt mean SW didnt work, I meant in terms of time before that girl just keels over and dies. I know SW works for any size of weight loss but last article I read about her she had reached 45 stones and been told shed be lucky to survive til she was 20 years old.

I dont think she has the time left to do SW anymore, its not going to have the results she needs in the time she needs. Even if she lost 12 stones shes still massively overweight and I dont know she can afford the 18 months your friend did it in :(

I disagree - At her weight she would loose weight pretty fast to begin with on SW. Every stone lost would lengthen her life expectancy, giving her more time to loose more weight x

Back