Britmum's Food Diary

Thursday 1st July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast - Sliced Banana on 2 slices of Whole Grain Toast (HEb) with a drizzle of honey (1 syn) and a cup of tea (1/2 syn)

Lunch - Cheese Salad (baby romaine, tomato, onion, beetroot, apple, cucumber) (HEa) with fat free ranch dressing (1 syn)

Snack - Cherries, Nectarine and Cup of Tea (1/2 syn)

Dinner - Chicken Curry (with carrots, celery, tomatoes and onion) with Rice

Evening Snack: 100 calorie caramel and vanilla icecream (5 syns), 100 calorie popcorn bag (5 syns)

Total Syns - 13 syns

Water: 2x500ml bottle

Last edited:
Friday 2nd July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast - Bowl of melon, bacon, egg and mushrooms on wholegrain toast (HEb)(1 syn) and cup of tea (1/2 syn)

Lunch - Tomato Pasta with Salad

Snack - Cherries, Orange and a cup of tea (1/2 syn)

Dinner - Lamb and Mint Burgers, with a mint yoghurt topping, potato wedges and a feta (HEa), cucumber, lettuce and red onion salad.

Evening Snack: Strawberries with Meringue and Cream (3 syns) 100 calorie chocolate bar (5 syns)

Total Syns - 10 syns

Water: 3x500ml bottles

Last edited:
Saturday 3rd July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast - Sliced Banana on 2 slices of Whole Grain Toast (HEb) with a drizzle of honey (1 syn) and a cup of tea (1/2 syn)

Lunch - Chicken Salad (baby romaine, tomato, onion, beetroot, apple, cucumber) (HEa) with fat free ranch dressing (1 syn) and croutons (1 syn)

Snack - 3 plums and Cup of Tea (1/2 syn)

Dinner - Steak, Salad and SW chips

Evening Snack: 70 calorie rice pudding pot (3 1/2 syns), 100 calorie popcorn pack (5 syns)

Total Syns - 12.5 syns

Water: 3x500ml bottle

Sunday 4th July 2010 - GREEN DAY

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEb) with hot milk (HEa), sliced banana and 1 tbs maple syrup (2 syns), cup of tea

Lunch - Cheese (HEa) Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, red onion, tomato, pickles, sweetcorn relish (1/2 syn), beetroot) leftover tomato pasta and croutons (1 syn) with ranch dressing (1 syn)

Snack - Bowl of Melon

Dinner - Roasted Butternut Squash and Lentil Curry with Rice

Strawberries, Meringue and Cream (3 syns)

Evening snack: Toast (HEb) marmite and low fat spread (1 syn), 2 mini smarties boxes (5 syns)

Total Syns - 13.5

Water:2x500ml bottle

Last edited:
My dad is here visiting at the moment and it has been absolutely scorching here today (33 degrees), so spent most the day in our swimming pool.

So far am managing to stick to the plan and my dad is definately enjoying my food, but have a few days away here and there coming up where we will probably be eating out. Fingers crossed it won't work out too bad though.

Monday 5th July 2010 - EXTRA EASY DAY

Breakfast - 1 ruby red grapefruit.1 wholewheat english muffin (HEb), with low fat spread (1 syn) and a egg cooked in Pam spray. Cup of Tea (1/2 syn)

Lunch - Roasted Baked Potatoes with Garlic Mushrooms (1/2 syn) and salad

Snack - Cup of tea (1/2 syn) and a pear

Dinner - Chicken, Bacon and Tomato pasta bake (HEa)

70 calorie rice pudding, with drizzle of honey and sliced banana (4 syns)

Evening snack: 100 calorie baked kettle chips(5 syns)

Total Syns - 11.5 syns

Water:3x500ml bottle

Last edited:
OMG the lamb burger looks GORGEOUS!

Tuesday 6th July 2010 - EXTRA EASY DAY

Breakfast - 1 ruby red grapefruit. Bacon Sandwich (HEb), with low fat spread (1 syn). Cup of Tea (1/2 syn)

Lunch - Tikka Masala Chicken and Homemade Savoury rice with Salad

Snack - Orange

Dinner - Leftover Chicken, Bacon and Tomato pasta bake with salad (HEa)

Strawberries, Kiwi and Lemon Yoghurt with Meringue (1 1/2 syns)

Evening snack: 100 calorie cheetos (5 syns), 100 calorie cereal bar (5 syns)

Total Syns - 13 syns

Water:2x500ml bottle

Last edited:
Hi there, just seen you having left over Chicken, Bacon and Tomato Pasta Bake and i thought that sounds good. I think i will have this for tea tomorrow. This is why i love seeing what everyone else eating it gives you great ideas. Thanks.

Hi there, just seen you having left over Chicken, Bacon and Tomato Pasta Bake and i thought that sounds good. I think i will have this for tea tomorrow. This is why i love seeing what everyone else eating it gives you great ideas. Thanks.

It was yummy, it is a recipe off my blog, which I have revised and improved. :)

They were yummy. I had been craving lamb for yonks after seeing lots of people on here having it and teasing me, as it is hard to come by in Canada, only seem to find New Zealand stuff. So that had to do.
Did you make the burgers yourself? I want them next week :D

Wednesday 7th July 2010 - GREEN DAY

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEb) with hot milk (HEa) sliced banana and a drizzle of maple syrup (2 syns), cup of tea

Lunch - homemade potato wedges, egg, and beans

Snack - 2 plums

Dinner - Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto (HEa)
watermelon

Evening snack:

Total Syns -

Water: 2x500ml of water

Last edited:
Just noticed I haven't updated here for the last few days. I have my dad visiting at the moment so have been really busy and also had a couple of days where I went completely off plan, what with days and meals out etc. I have tried to make choices as near to the plan as possible though and so far I haven't gained anything, thank goodness. It means I haven't lost anything though either, but so as long as I can avoid gaining any weight while he is here, then I am happy.

We went to the local farm shop yesterday as I wanted to stock up on some fruit and veg, they do the best stuff ever in there.

I got some plums, nectarines, and lovely ripe mangoes, as well as artichokes (my favorite veg ever), some savoy cabbage, turnips and plenty of other vegetables. I did nearly by some fennel, but I am unsure if I will like it or not, the aniseed flavour puts me off I think. They had so many vegetables I have never seen or tried before, I really should start buying one different one a week and give them a go.

I had a couple of the plums last night and a nectarine and omg, they are the best ever, so sweet and yummy. Delicious. I will hate it when they are out of season again.

Anyway here is my food diary for today:

Sunday 11th July 2010 - Red Day

Breakfast: Egg cooked in Pam spray with 2 slices of Whole Wheat toast with low fat spread (HEb) (1 syn) and a cup of tea (1/2 syn)
(for some reason though I was not very hungry this morning, so never ate it all)

Lunch - still not feeling very hungry, think it is the heat here at the moment, has been hitting 35 degrees most days. I had 2 slices of wholewheat toast (HEb) with low fat spread and a bit of apple jam (3 syns) and a bowl of fresh fruit (kiwi, grapes, cherries and orange)

Snack - Plum

Dinner - I also bought some lovely steaks yesterday from the local farm shop, the meat in there is the best. I am going to cook the steaks on my grill pan, after marinating them with ginger, garlic and a bit of teriyaki sauce (1 syn) and then served them with some salad. Also had some fat free croutons (1 syn) and 28g cheddar cheese (HEa) with the side salad

Evening Snack: 100 calorie popcorn pack (5 syns), while watching Star Trek movie :) and 2 plums

Total Syns: 11.5 syns

Water:
2x500ml bottle

Last edited:
Monday 12 July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast: 2 slices of whole wheat toast (HEb) with sliced banana and a drizzle of honey (1 syn), cup of tea (1/2 syn)

Lunch:
Roasted Red Pepper and Bacon Quiche with a hash brown base (HEa for the cheddar cheese in my recipe)

Snack:
2 plums

Dinner:
Coriander and Chilli Lamb Meatballs with a Spicy Tomato Sauce and Rice(1/2 syn)

Evening Snack:
Is my tv night tonight, 2 hours of The Bachelorette which is such a cheesy but fab US program lol, so will be keeping the most of my syns for my evening snack. I had a 100 calorie popcorn pack(5 syns)and strawberries with light cream and a meringue(3 syns)

Total Syns: 10 syns

Water:
2x500ml

Last edited:
Back