Britmum's Food Diary

Hi

I came across your site and just wanted to say how great all the recipes look, i'm going to sit down this evening (hopefully!) and print out some new ideas for dinner.

I'll be following your food diary and pinching ideas !!

Hi BMIC

Love your blog... great to see there are other Brits from the US looking at your blog too... the next few days I am going to trawl through and see what you have.... you're a star... thank you for taking the time to inspire us

Tuesday 13th July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast: 1/2 ruby red grapefruit, 2 slices of whole wheat toast (HEb) with 2 slices of bacon and ketchup(1 syn), cup of tea (1/2 syn)

Lunch:
argggh another nightmare day today, have been out with my dad who is here visiting, so that involved lunch out.The menu didnt really have anything that looked low fat, so I opted for a spicy chicken and salad wrap. No idea on the syn value, but am planning on having something really light for tea. I am not at all hungry, so may just have a bowl of fruit and yoghurt, we shall see.

Also we are going to the US at the weekend, which will involve another meal out, probably Rainforest Cafe, as my son loves it in there. At least I am sticking to plan as much as I can inbetween, then once my dad has gone home, I will get back on track good and proper. Might have a look at the menu and plan in advance.

Snack:
none

Dinner:
fresh fruit - banana, nectarine, kiwi, orange, cherries and 28g of cubed cheese (HEa)

Evening Snack:
none

Total Syns: ???

Water: 3x500ml

Last edited:
Just noticed that you started your diet exactly a year ago today, you have done really well - keep up the good work and the yummy recipes!

Just nosying in your food journal and you mentioned fennel. I have made fennel gratin in the past and thats nice. Just slice you fennel and microwave it for a few minutes or steam it a bit. Make some tomato sauce. Mix two together and crumble breadcrumbs and cheese on top as your HEs. Pop in oven for 20 mins ish. Anyway, I always say try everything once lol. Liking your diary. x

Just noticed that you started your diet exactly a year ago today, you have done really well - keep up the good work and the yummy recipes!

Oh yes, so it is, I hadnt even realised, so thanks for noticing :). A year has gone really quickly. I haven't lost as much as I would of liked to in a year, but I had a lot of personal stuff that happened towards the end of the year, which meant a few months where I was off plan.

I would love to get to goal, by this time next year.

Just nosying in your food journal and you mentioned fennel. I have made fennel gratin in the past and thats nice. Just slice you fennel and microwave it for a few minutes or steam it a bit. Make some tomato sauce. Mix two together and crumble breadcrumbs and cheese on top as your HEs. Pop in oven for 20 mins ish. Anyway, I always say try everything once lol. Liking your diary. x

I will get some next time I am at the local produce store and give it a try, some other veggies I saw that I would like to sample too. Although fiddleheads are definately not in that list lol.

Wednesday 14th July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast: 1/2 ruby red grapefruit, boiled egg and 2 slices of whole wheat toast with low fat spread (HEb)(1 syn) cup of tea (1/2 syn)

Lunch:
Pasta with Green Pesto and Salad (4 syns)

Snack:
Plum and Cherries

Dinner:
Garlic Chicken with Carrots and Pan Haggarty

Strawberries, Grapes, Fat Free Lemon Meringue Yoghurt and Cream (1 syn)

Evening Snack:
100 calorie crisps (5 syns)

Total Syns:
11.5 syns

Water: 2x500ml water

Last edited:
Thursday 15th July 2010 - Red Day

Breakfast: Weetabix (HEb) with hot milk (HEa), sliced banana and a drizzle of maple syrup (2 syns), cup of tea

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Evening Snack:
Cottage Pie with a Suede Mash Topping

Total Syns:

Water:

Your pan haggarty sounds nice. Is there a recipe for it?

It the one from this slimming world cook book - Best Ever Recipes: 40 Years of Food Optimising: Amazon.co.uk: "Slimming World": Books

It is the first recipe I have tried from the book and it is quite nice actually (have had it twice now, with two different types of cabbage). Although I think I would adapt it slightly next time.

Tried to find the recipe online, but I can't see it. It might already be in the recipe section though.

I have all the ingredients for the lamb burgers but can't find extra lean lamb mince ANYWHERE - Im making it my mission to try to track it down, as you've made me NEED them!

I have all the ingredients for the lamb burgers but can't find extra lean lamb mince ANYWHERE - Im making it my mission to try to track it down, as you've made me NEED them!

You will probably have more luck if you try an actual butchers, as they should be able to do some for you.

I am back. My dad left last night after his 3 week trip here. Diet went a bit to pot, but I am back and focused as from today.

So here goes
Friday 23rd July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast:
Fresh Berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries) with fat free natural yoghurt and a drizzle of honey (1 syn)
Cup of tea (milk from HEa)

Lunch:
Garlic Mushrooms (1 syn) on Wholewheat Toast (HEb)
2 satsumas

Snack:
special K cereal bar (4.5 syns)
1 plum

Dinner:
Fresh Artichoke, steamed with lemon and garlic
Chicken Curry with Boiled Rice

Evening Snack:
Baked Salt and Vinegar Kettle Chips (5 syns)

Total Syns: 11.5 syns

Water: 3x500ml bottles

Last edited:
Saturday 24th July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast:
Syn Free Blueberry Pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup (2 syns)

Lunch:
Ham Salad Sandwich (HEb)(1 syn)
2 plums

Snack:
Nectarine

Dinner:
Sushi Box (5.5 syns)

Evening Snack:

Skinny Cow Fudge Mini Icecream Popsicle (2.5 syns)
Kiwi Fruit

Total Syns: 11 syns

Water: 3x500ml bottles

Last edited:
I am off to the US shopping today and really fancy some fish for dinner, so will have a look to see what nice fish they have available. I am thinking either Tilapia or Monkfish. I tried some pickerel while my dad was here, he ordered it at a restaurant as it is a local fish here, it was actually quite nice and light and healthy.

I need to stock up on some syn friendly stuff, grab a few more spices for my spice cupboard/rack and get some more lentils etc.

I also bought some harissa powder yesterday, never tried it before, so going to come up with a dish using that too I think.

Ooh, do you have the recipe for the pancakes please:) I've also just done my food shopping order online and saw Tilapia but have no idea what it's like so didn't order it. I'll watch to see what you do with it. Would love monkfish but it's around £26 per kilo here so very dear.

Back