Britmum's Food Diary

Ooh, do you have the recipe for the pancakes please:) I've also just done my food shopping order online and saw Tilapia but have no idea what it's like so didn't order it. I'll watch to see what you do with it. Would love monkfish but it's around £26 per kilo here so very dear.

Is the same recipe for the syn free pancakes on here, I just threw some fresh blueberries into it.

Tilapia is a really nice fish, I totally recommend trying it. I often order it at restaurants as it is quite light. There are various recipes online, but if I get some today, I will definately post something on my blog.

You should try and see if you have a fish market near you, I would imagine the fish would be much cheaper. I know Honeyoc eats a lot of fish, so maybe ask her if she knows of any cheaper places. Although she is in the London area I think.

Just wanted to add. I am in shock. I braved the scales today after my dads, 3 week visit here. I have had what I thought was quite a few naughty days, although when I think about it, it probably wasn't as bad as I thought, as I have been subsconsiously making slimming world choices and have stuck to the plan here and there.

Anyway my total gain was, wait for it: 0lbs. I have infact managed to maintain while my dad was here, I am also on * week, so even better. I am chuffed with that and I am now fully focused and back on track.

Fingers crossed for a nice loss next Saturday :)

Well done:) and thanks I will find the recipe.

Think I'll go and add some Tilapia to my order. I've also ordered everything in for your honey teriyaki salmon as I still haven't done that one yet.

Sunday 25th July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast:
Poached Egg on Whole Wheat Toast (HEb)(1 syn)
Cup of tea (milk from HEa)

Lunch: Tilapia with a Spicy Cherry Tomato and Yellow Pepper Salsa (2 syns) served with Steamed Rice and Whole Green Beans

Snack:
Cup of tea (milk from HEa)
Plum

Dinner:
Rice and Vegetable Stir Fry

Evening Snack:

Strawberries with Cream and Meringue (3 syns)
Nectarine
100 calorie baked crisps (5 syns)

Total Syns: 11 syns

Water: 3x500ml bottles

Last edited:
I ended up getting a huge tray of Tilapia yesterday, so have portioned a lot of it up and put in the freezer. But not before making a yummy Tilapia dish for lunch first.

I will have something light for dinner.

Monday 26th July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast:
Wholewheat Toast (HEb) with Banana and Honey (1 syn)
Cup of tea (0.5 syns)

Lunch:
Sushi Box (5 syns)
2 Satsumas and an apple

Snack:
Cup of tea (0.5 syns)
Curve Cereal Bar (4.5 syns)

Dinner:
Aubergine and Pork Pasta Pie with a side salad (HEa)

Evening Snack:

Skinny Cow Fudge Icecream Popsicle (2.5 syns)
Nectarine and 2 plums

Total Syns: 13 syns

Last edited:
What's Tilapia??? Sounds interestign and your meal looks gorgeous. Whats the aubergine and pork pie thing?? Eek too many questions. Sorry. x

Tilapia is a type of fish, very yummy and easy to cook.

The aubergine and pork pie thing, I haven't made yet, I am doing it for dinner, it will be a bit of an experiment, so will let you know if it is nice lol.

well the Aubergine and Pork Pasta Pie dish I did for dinner, was absolutely delicious. My son loved it too. Really full of loads of superfree veggies too.

It was a bit of a variation on a recipe I have in a cook book. But of course that one is really high in fat, with all the cheese oil etc used, my variation was a lovely lower fat alternative. I will definately be making it again.

I will post a pic of the finished thing in my diary later and will also add the recipe to my blog. :)

Monday 26th July 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast:
Fibre One Cereal (HEb) with sliced banana and milk (HEa)
Cup of tea

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Evening Snack:

Total Syns:

Water:

whoops forgot to update the last couple of days. I have been completely sidetracked doing other things. Have been 100% focused and on plan though, so I am hoping for a nice loss on Saturday

Anyway food diary for today:

Thursday 29th July 2010 - Green Day

Breakfast:
Egg on Wholemeal Toast (HEb)
Cup of Tea (part of HEa)

Lunch:
Cheese Salad Sandwich(HEa)(HEb)

Snack:
Cup of coffee (milk from HEa)
cereal bar (4.5 syns)

Dinner:
Vegetable and Pak Choi Noodle Stir Fry

Evening Snack:

Skinny Cow Fudge Icecream Popsicle (2.5 syns)
100 calorie cheetos (5 syns)

Total Syns: 12 syns

Water: 3x500ml

Last edited:
Friday 30th July 2010 -

Breakfast:
Banana on wholemeal toast with a drizzle of honey (HEb)(1 syn)
Cup of Tea (part of HEa)

Lunch:
Ham Salad (1 syn)

Snack:
Cup of Tea (part of HEa)
Cereal Bar (4.5 syns)

Dinner:
Ham, Egg, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Homemade Chips

Evening Snack:

100 calorie popcorn (5 syns)

Total Syns: 11.5 syns

Last edited:
1lb off this week :), it is not as good as what I was hoping it would be as I have been 101% this week, but it is weight off, so that is all that matters.

Saturday 31st July 2010 -

Breakfast:
Egg on a whole wheat muffin (HEb)(1 syn)
half a grapefruit
Cup of Tea (part of HEa)

Lunch:
Tuna Salad with a Jacket Potato (2.5 syns)

Snack:
Cup of Tea (part of HEa)

Dinner:
Red Pesto Pasta and Salad (2.5 syns)

Evening Snack:

Cereal Crunch Bar (5 syns)

Total Syns: 11 syns

well done on your loss :) I hate it when I feel I have been super good and then don't get a big loss - but you never know, if you keep it up you might get that good loss next week. Like you say, a loss is still a loss - and if you'd put on 1lb you'd be gutted! So well done :D

Sunday 1st August 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast:
Berries with Natural Yoghurt and a drizzle of honey (1 syn)
Cup of Tea (part of HEa)

Lunch:
Turkey Salad Sandwich (HEb)

Snack:
Cup of Tea (part of HEa)

Dinner:
Chicken breast with homemade syn free gravy, broccoli, carrots and roast potatoes

Evening Snack:

Skinny Cow Fudge Popsicle Icecream (2.5 syns)
100 calorie cheetos (5 syns)

Total Syns: 8.5 syns

Last edited:
Oh just logged into my weight progress thingy and I have actually lost 1.5lbs this week, so slightly better than I thought. :)

thank you everyone for the comments.

Monday 2nd August 2010 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast:
Syn Free Blueberry Pancakes with maple syrup (2 syns)
Cup of Tea (part of HEa)

Lunch:
Chicken Noodle Stirfry

Snack:
Cup of coffee (part of HEa)

Dinner:
I wasn't very hungry tonight and was a busy day, so just had 2 slices of toast (HEb) with reduced fat peanut butter (4 syns)

Evening Snack:

Total Syns: 6 syns

Last edited:
Back