2 celery stalks
1 yellow pepper
1/2 red onion
200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
Bunch of fresh coriander
Bunch of fresh basil

Dressing
2tbsp good quality aged balsamic vinegar, I love Belazu
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil (6 syns/HEB)
1tsp mustard
Salt & pepper

Wash the wild rice and bring to a boil in the 3 cups of water. Once boiling turn the heat down to a simmer. Set timer for 15 mins. After 15 mins add the other two types of rice to the water and simmer for 40 minutes. When cooked take off the heat and leave to stand for 10 mins. In the meantime finely chop all the vegetables.

Fluff rice with a fork and transfer to a large bowl, add the chopped veg and mix. Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisking together. Pour over the rice, add the chopped coriander and torn basil and mix well.

Serve at room temperature. Delicious!

I had it with some grilled salmon but it would be delicious as a vegeterian dish with a crumble of feta cheese and perhaps some toasted sunflower seeds. Yum!

Last edited:
Looks good!
Pete

Honeyoc said:
Serves 4 very generously
1.5syns per serving on green/EE

1/2 cup wild rice
1/2 cup carmague red rice
3/4 cup long grain brown rice
3 cups water
1/2 a large cucumber
2 celery stalks
1 yellow pepper
1/2 red onion
200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
Bunch of fresh coriander
Bunch of fresh basil

Dressing
2tbsp good quality aged balsamic vinegar, I love Belazu
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil (6 syns)
1tsp mustard
Salt & pepper

Wash the wild rice and bring to a boil in the 3 cups of water. Once boiling turn the heat down to a simmer. Set timer for 15 mins. After 15 mins add the other two types of rice to the water and simmer for 40 minutes. When cooked take off the heat and leave to stand for 10 mins. In the meantime finely chop all the vegetables.

Fluff rice with a fork and transfer to a large bowl, add the chopped veg and mix. Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisking together. Pour over the rice, add the chopped coriander and torn basil and mix well.

Serve at room temperature. Delicious!

I had it with some grilled salmon but it would be delicious as a vegeterian dish with a crumble of feta cheese and perhaps some toasted sunflower seeds. Yum!

This looks gorgeous and sounds yummy, I'll have to find some red rice. And I agree it would veg amazing with a hea of feta.

Glad you approve! Had some for lunch with feta and it was delicious! Better than with salmon!

Hi Pete! How are ya?!

True! But as there's only 1/4 tbsp in each portion I thought, might as well syn it and have a full HEX somewhere else. I'll edit the recipe to say 1/4B or syns!

Back