BRUISED TOENAILS.....

I'm doing OK - looking forward to seeing you in Brum.... does this mean you won't be partakin in some vodka?????

Eh.... ehhhhhh.... ehhhhhhhh

kiss, kiss, ruffle, ruffle.......:D

How very dare you..............I will be the pis*ed one in the corner wearing running shoes!

xxx

Wow Jem, 8 miles already! You've only been running for a short while!! Go and bump your sponsorship thread and shout it out!!

8 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the IPD, tried it and loved it, and the weight stayed still, but i wasn't loosing!!!:confused::confused:

That's maintenance sorted out for you then which is half the battle!!

x

How very dare you..............I will be the pis*ed one in the corner wearing running shoes!

xxx

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Now as long as they are co-ordinated with your nightie and bed jacket combi that won't be a problem..... and from you I wouldn't expect you in anything less than perfectly co-ordinated items!!!! Will you be getting a rucksack to co-ordinate with your shoes.....;):eek:

See you soon.....

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Now as long as they are co-ordinated with your nightie and bed jacket combi that won't be a problem..... and from you I wouldn't expect you in anything less than perfectly co-ordinated items!!!! Will you be getting a rucksack to co-ordinate with your shoes.....;):eek:

See you soon.....

:eek: OMG :eek: I can't believe I missed an opportunity to buy a rucksack.......its nearly a handbag.......and then I'd need a matching bum bag!! :p

My brum nightie and bed jacket will be made entirely out of lycra and will deffo have go faster stripes........a sight to be seen!

xx

Don't.........there is still time, they might be my night running shoesies!! I think you should get them......you'd look fab!!!

Thanks for the stuff - tis great and the tights made me run faster this afternoon!

x

yeah you could do it in fancy dress.. as a.. very shiny thing???

oooh a spaceman!!

I noticed the tights had go faster stripes down the side :D

Hiya Jem,

Just done the London version of what you are going for and all I can say - is that you are one MAD lady!!!.

However, on the toenail front, I lost 4 of the devils - both big toe nails and 2 others on the left foot until a seasoned (and disgustingly athletically weedy) colleague told me that feet swell by up to 2 shoe sizes when you run and the trick is to buy a pair of shoes that is 1 to 2 sizes bigger than what you normally take.

I did this some 10 weeks ago and since then - no nail issues or blisters and I was doing 30-40 miles per week.

So, I know you've invested in some new ones but if you still have problems - try this. Worked for me - didn't help with the cramp though LOL

Good luck

I never got to the stage where my toenails fell off but they felt really sore. Went to a running shop and they said it was because i had bought trainers in a size 5, "but i am a size 5" i replied and was then told that you should always buy either half a size or a full size bigger to ensure your toes don't get sore. I've had no problems since then. Which is good because i'm a got a defered entry place for London 2009 and a place in this years Great North Run. Which if you anyone would like to sponser me i'm running for the Alzheimer's Society. Link is at bottom of the page. I'm cheeky i know!

My running shoes are a size bigger and my toes have been fine so far, and they feel the right size. Felt a right twonk in my size 9's though, wish I could have glamourous small feet!

Back