Buddies/Team

Hules

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I was browsing the forums and saw that there are teams on the folders lists. I really like the idea of buddying up with a few people who are in the same boat as me and who perhaps I could help and support as well as getting some support at the same time. Anyone up for it? We could make a team over on the other folder or on here??

I would ideally like to lose 2.5-3st and as much of that as possible by the beginning of June as it's a big birthday for me. It's about 18 weeks. Anyone fancy joining me?

I'd like to lose 2.5 by the summer, I have about 22 weeks! X

Yay! Welcome team mate :) I'm sure you can do it x How have you gotten on with the snacking tonight?

I've had a pretty good day today, firstly I got a snowday so was off work - hoorah! And tried not to snack too much too. Had chicken caesar for lunch (Pizza Express' light caesar dressing is delish and 1 point per tablespoon) and left over prawn curry from yesterday which was lovely at only 3 points including light creme fraiche. Yum!

I also bought a new battery for my scales - plan to have a sneaky peek tomorrow before weigh in on Wed as I've not been able to check for 4 days!

Ahh yay! Hopefully we can spur each other on! Much better this evening, I allowed myself to eat a slightly larger evening meal which kept me fuller for longer, and I tried your teeth tip, it's fab!!
Ooh that dressing sounds lovely, I find it hard to think of exciting lunches, I seem to have stuck with sandwiches a lot..although I have made 'spring rolls' a couple of times, only 2pts! Then I had chicken and vegetable stir fry for dinner, one of my favourite meals!
I bought a set of scales today, all ready for my WI wednesday, (think i got my days muddled up in a previous post!) I'm doing it at home not with a class or anything (student funds the main issue).
X

Ooh and from your post in another thread, (one conversation is probably easier to keep track of!)
Well done for staying within your points, I have a meal plan for the week on my wall which is my way of keeping on track haha. I've never done WW before but it's been highly recommended and I can see why! It's so nice not having to cut everything out, we can still have a little bit of what you fancy whenever x

I'm in got just under 3 stone to loose! Is someone's long to draw up a challenge table? It's always really quiet on this group :(

I need support when I'm concentrating on WW, I need to get totally involved with it and talk about everything. I used to go on another forum after my second but then when I went back it was dead and only really did ProPoints now - a real shame as it was sooo busy around 2004. I've been looking all over for somewhere else, even thought of starting my own (though I would have probably been the only one on it! :) ). I did think it was a bit quiet on here too, but thought I would give it a go as everyone seems lovely.

I'll organise a challenge if you want, shall we do it over on the teams thread or on here? We could pledge how much we think/would like to lose by Easter which is 10 weeks away in the first instance to ease us into it or alternatively go up to the beginning of June which is 18 weeks (purely selfishly as this is my ultimate deadline :p) I'm away in the middle of it, but hopefully(!) this would get me back on the straight and narrow when I return. What do you think? And what shall we call it? Easter Bunny Challenge? Discovery Summer Challenge? Any ideas? Quite excited now!

I've had muesli and toast for breakkie. Quite a big breakfast points wise, but I'm going to try to eat light this evening to give weigh-in the best chance tomorrow. Am still feeling quite positive :)

How's everyone else?

I know what you mean, this page does seem very quiet! Especially with not going to classes etc it'd be nice to have people on here to chat to about how they're finding it/to spur each other on.

I'm happy for either idea! Might be nice to have a mini goal as well as our final goals? Sort of a midway booster, so we know we're headed in the right direction? Perhaps for just before you go away Hules? Are you away anywhere nice? Ooh I'm excited too! Spring slimmers? Although there is one already similar to that isn't there?

I wish I like muesli! I know it's so healthy! I tend to have Cheerios for breakfast (without milk) as I can get little snack pack portions and they're perfect to eat in an early lecture! Haha. Just having salad, chicken and butternut squash chips for dinner tonight! X

I think so too, so shall we go for a 10 week challenge then? Suits me :) I like the idea of spring something, I'll have a look and see if it's too like the other one.

I lurve muesli but not shop bought ones I make my own 30g oats (1.5) 1/2 a weetabix (0.5) 15g sultanas (0.5) a little banana (1) splenda and 1/4 pint skimmed (0.5) so 4 in all yummy.
The little boxes of cheerios is a great idea!

Cool, sounds good!
ahh man that sounds so much nicer! Might have a go at paying around with various ingredients then :p
x

Yes Easter one sounds good can be our 1st goal or for me halfway though think I'm being a bit hard on myself! Also summer for my main goal end of June my bday and of course it's summer so want to look good and importantly feel good. So yea sounds good. X

Right-o Easter it is :)

Got hubby on the case and he's suggested Team Disco or something else Disco related (as in Discover), which made me laugh. We could have Team Disco Spring Slim. Or Sprimmers (Spring Slimmers) Challenge. What do you think?

If we're going for 10 weeks I think I'm going to aim for a stone from tomorrow's weigh-in. That's about a pound and a half a week which is do-able I think.

Disco sprimmers! Love it!! Hahaa. How many weeks..ten is it? Gonna go for 1st too, roughly half way weight for the half way time then! X

Haha I like them! Yes thats doo-able! Ok so I'm going for 16lbs which takes me to where I was before Xmas. Which means strict for next 10 weeks! Yea I'm excited now feels so much better doing it as a group! X

It's nice doing it in a group, it's a bit of extra motivation! X

Heh, Disco Sprimmers it is then (they're gonna think we're batty over on the team board - that's if we do want to go there?). I'll set the challenge us as soon as I get a minute on the computer as I'm on my phone now.

I'm pleased too, we're going to do it ladies! X

Good luck for tomorrow Nibbs! When do you weigh in Lou?

Was actually meant to be 2day but when I went to boots the scales were out of order so hopefully get it done 2moro and take a stone from there x

So all starting tomorrow :)

It's done over on the team board x
Good luck ladies x

Thanks Hules! Good luck to you too, and you LouMo! See you ladies in the other thread! Xx

Back