Buddy up? New this wk.

That's brill you enjoyed your class if the environment is easy going and fun I think it makes the weight loss easier to achieve your loss.

Ur so right cheeky' The last class I joined was really quiet and quite stiff! I prefer people to be awake!! Ha! The group yesterday were all swapping recipes telling people about new things in the shops etc, had none of that last time so I hope it will make a change! Plus, this time, I'm going in the morn, just me and baby so I've not got hubby rushing home from work, not got bath/bed time to get home for!! Makes a big diff! Xxx

Hi - I'm new this week too! Went to group and got weighed last night - 13st 5lbs at 5ft10, I've set 11st as my interim target as that would put me in the middle of the healthy bmi range :) but really I just want to be able to buy size 12s in the shops lol! Having carbonara tonight :D

Hiya Jen, glad is not just me as a newbie! I know what u mean about the clothes, I live near/shop in Liverpool And every time I go into Zara ( fit the kids) I have to walk thru the women's section and it makes me want to weep! Last time there was a little white jacket all beady and posh, I couldn't even get my wrist in it!! I want my hubby to know he can go in and buy me a dress in a medium and it will fit! I've just had chicken sw chips with nandos chip sprinkle on and a HUGE salad! Yum! Xxx

Exactly! My lovely boyf bought me a leather jacket for xmas and I was mortified when I had to tell him to order it in a 16/18 :( never again though! I'm loving the amount of food we can have on sw too, I don't feel deprived at all! The nandos chip sprinkle sounds interesting - do you cook them in that or add it on afterwards?

Hi...I'm a newbie too...as of today...starting on a Saturday is a good a day as any right?!?!? Lol the difference being I'm in Australia so we don't have slimming world over here so gonna do it with my books from up. Also means I don't have that weekly class to attend for support and ideas! I want to loose 74lbs...ideally by Christmas when my parents come to visit...that would make it 2lbs a week every week...so have given myself a year as I don't want to think I have failed and therefore will fail...anyway that me for now...I'm off to make cooked breakfast for lunch for the family and builder....sw way of course! Look forward to seeing how you all do the week, Nic.x.x.

Hi...I'm a newbie too...as of today...starting on a Saturday is a good a day as any right?!?!? Lol the difference being I'm in Australia so we don't have slimming world over here so gonna do it with my books from up. Also means I don't have that weekly class to attend for support and ideas! I want to loose 74lbs...ideally by Christmas when my parents come to visit...that would make it 2lbs a week every week...so have given myself a year as I don't want to think I have failed and therefore will fail...anyway that me for now...I'm off to make cooked breakfast for lunch for the family and builder....sw way of course! Look forward to seeing how you all do the week, Nic.x.x.

Hello and welcome, ull get loads of support on here, I don't go to class.
Your target is very achievable. It's best decision ull make starting.
Saturdays. Great day to start, I did the whole ill wait and start Monday for nearly a whole year then one random Tuesday I just did it without even thinking or looking back

I'll be your buddy! I'm 28, 5' 7", have 1 baby girl and at the moment weigh 14st 8.5lb but I did weigh 19st 9lb :S I've been dieting and losing for about a year but I've only been doing slimming world since November. I've also set my goal at 12 stone for now, but have to lose a little more to get out of the overweight category! I love to cook and do most meals from scratch, or almost from scratch! Is there anything in particular that you fancy or wish you could have?
Liz
X

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm made up there's a few of us we can bumble along together! I've just been shopping and this wk am making a lamb curry, chicken tikka, a fried rice dish, chilli/garlic prawns, but tonight is steak, chips, mushies, salad...on a diet?!?! Apparently so!

Jen, the nandos stuff goes on as they come out the oven like salt, it's yum! I think that's gonna b my task, ally fave goods adapted for sw so I don't feel like I'm missing out! I like cooking anyway and have a young family so don't really have a lot of processed stuff, apart from the failsafe fish fingers for mummy's night off! ;)

liz, how fab is that loss by yourself!! Congrats! How old is ur baby girl?

Nic, I've also said Christmas time, a bit less pressure if I have a slip up :/ , I have a friend in Melbourne, she emails me to say how cold she feels at 16/18 degrees!!! Bikini weather here if we got those temps!!
Xxx

She's 14 months :) I've been trying to adapt everything I like too and lots of the things I wouldn't go back to my old recipes for. The big one I haven't done successfully yet is anything with a white or cheese sauce. I've tried tonnes of recipes and have hated them all so far. However, we're having lasagne tonight so i'll post the recipe if its any good! My favourites so ar are probably the diet coke chicken and the syn free soft cheese. Yum!
Liz
X

I've heard so much about this diet coke chicken, going on the list for this wk! I know wot u mean about not going back, I made spag Bol this wk and no idea why I haven't always done it this way! My youngest is 14 months today! :) he's bonkers! Wandering around at the mo with a pack of egg noodles he's pilfered out the cupboard, ill find those next wk stashed somewhere daft! Xx

Sounds like I'll have to grab some of that nandos sprinkle! Definitely agree about the recipe changes, I did sw carbonara last night and it was better than the normal stuff, light and creamy but not heavy and stodgy feeling. I can vouch for the diet coke chicken, just keep an eye on it while the sauce thickens - I ruined one of my fave pans with it lol! It is delish on noodles and stirfry veg with soy sauce :) x

Yep mines currently in a basket, blowing a recorder and 'singing'. Nuts! I make my dc chicken with spicy potato wedges and loads of broccoli. I'm trying the fanta chicken with egg fried rice tomorrow. I'll keep you posted!! The lasagne was actually really nice. The texture of the cheese sauce wasn't quite right but it was a very good imitation! Here's the recipe if anyone fancies it...

400 g extra lean beef mince
2 onions, sliced
2 peppers, sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 carton of passata
Lasagne sheets
250 g reduced fat cheddar, grated
2 tubs quark
1 egg
skimmed milk to slacken sauce
1/4 tsp mustard powder

Fry onions and peppers. Add the mince and brown. Add the passata, mixed herbs, crushed garlic cloves and salt and pepper to taste. Put in the slow cooker and cook until mince is soft.
Empty 2 tubs of quark in to a saucepan and add one egg. Heat gently while mixing together. Add a dash of skimmed milk if the white sauce is too thick (the amount needed shouldn't even average out to half a syn per portion). Mix in the mustard powder and half of the cheese.
Using an ovenproof dish, place half of meat mixture in bottom, top with lasagne sheets, add half of the white sauce and the remainder of the meat mixture.
Add a further layer of lasagne sheets, top with the remaining white sauce and then add the grated cheese evenly over the top.
Bake in the oven for half an hour at 180°C.

Serves 6
Free if using cheese as hexa and any additional syns for milk.

Liz
X

Yup, bonkers! Ruby is snoring now! Phew! 12 hrs with that loon is enough for one day!! Ha! I've now made home made coleslaw, I tried to make onion rings with a recipe from group but they were vile! Let us know about the fanta chicken, sweet n sour is one if my faves! (Let's be honest, most things r my fave, hence the 15 stone!) glad u found a cheese sauce that kinda works ! Xxx

Lizs84 wil u be my buddy too x

I've had fanta chicken it is amazing x

Haha, of course I will! The more the merrier :)

I wouldn't use the cheese sauce for anything where the sauce is most important, like mac and cheese, it wasn't that good! I'll definitely let you know about the fanta chicken, sweet and sour is my favourite too :) I have quite high expectations after the diet coke chicken so we'll see!

Liz
X

Right that's it, I'm off to the shops for fanta!! Do i just use it like a stir fry sauce linzi? Got loads of diet coke, I live on it, drank it to settle my tum thru morning sickness 7 yrs ago and am addicted to the stuff!! I can't move I'm so stuffed after my tea, my coleslaw was fab, carrot, cabbage, spring onion , ex light mayo, fromage frais and some white vinegar out of the pickled onion jar, salt pepper and tsp of Dijon mustard!! Lush!

Had a thought Liz, for your cheese sauce, cud u get away with using a Really strong cheese so u didn't have to use a lot? Melty laughing cows wud b nice but I think u might need 376369 to make a lasagne!! Ha!

Xxx

Yeah I used reduced fat mature cheddar so it did taste quite cheesy. I'm not a huge fan of laughing cow :)

Liz
X

I think reduced fat cheese has a weird consistency, like melted plastic! Haha! I've just had 2weetabix with a yoghurt on, (save my milk for cuppas) it didn't make the weetabix go soft but it was nice, took a while to eat so I felt full afterwards, always a bonus. Banana on top for some freeeeee food! Having sausages for tea tonight, skinny lizzie from morrisons which r one syn each, yeah! Xxx

Back