Buddy up? New this wk.

I think reduced fat cheese has a weird consistency, like melted plastic! Haha! I've just had 2weetabix with a yoghurt on, (save my milk for cuppas) it didn't make the weetabix go soft but it was nice, took a while to eat so I felt full afterwards, always a bonus. Banana on top for some freeeeee food! Having sausages for tea tonight, skinny lizzie from morrisons which r one syn each, yeah! Xxx

I'm not a fan of low fat cheese i prefer normal stuff and use less

Yeah I agree it does have a weird texture but I'd still choose it over laughing cows. They're too slimy for me! :)

Liz
X

I've just had a lovely tea of sausage chips and tinned toms, followed by fruit salad and yog, yumm! I used the skinny lizzy sausages and they were a bit kinda floury if that makes sense, rather than meaty!! The kids didn't like them tho! " Mummy these sausages are weird!" Ha! I usually buy them from my uncle who is the best butcher in the world! I will have to ask him the contents, I'm not cooking stuff for it to go in the bin, I'd rather just have one sausage (!) haha!! Pardon!

Can I ask what everyone's portion sizes r like? This is a downfall of mine but its the reason I like slim world cos I'm not hungry, if I'm hungry I go pacman but I'm sure if I added up my cals I would b over?!?! Is this the magic science bit?

Stevie xxx

Stevie - I feel like I'm eating loads too! It seems almost impossible that this is a way to lose weight lol. I suppose we will see the evidence on the scales next week! I know the idea behind it is that we're filling up on high density, low calorie foods so it feels like eating loads but for minimal calories.

I did a lovely recipe tonight for rice pudding, it was heavenly. 100g pudding rice, 500mls almond milk (5 syns), white choc options (2 syns), sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon and a dash if vanilla essence. Stick everything in a pan except the options and simmer for approx 30 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the options last when the rice has plumped up nicely. I left mine to cool down and thicken up for a while and it was delish, sweet but not too sweet and very filling. Makes 2 large portions at 3.5 syns each. X

Stevie - I feel like I'm eating loads too! It seems almost impossible that this is a way to lose weight lol. I suppose we will see the evidence on the scales next week! I know the idea behind it is that we're filling up on high density, low calorie foods so it feels like eating loads but for minimal calories.

I did a lovely recipe tonight for rice pudding, it was heavenly. 100g pudding rice, 500mls almond milk (5 syns), white choc options (2 syns), sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon and a dash if vanilla essence. Stick everything in a pan except the options and simmer for approx 30 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the options last when the rice has plumped up nicely. I left mine to cool down and thicken up for a while and it was delish, sweet but not too sweet and very filling. Makes 2 large portions at 3.5 syns each. X

What this almond milk everyone's talking about

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

I got some today, almond breeze sweetened, near the uht milk in sainsburys. It's 5 syns for 500mls of the sweetened version, £1.49 for a litre. My consultant told us about it in group last week. I tried some neat before cooking with it, it tastes quite watery and nutty so I don't think I could have it on cereal or in tea but it was lovely and creamy in the rice pud. X

I got some today, almond breeze sweetened, near the uht milk in sainsburys. It's 5 syns for 500mls of the sweetened version, £1.49 for a litre. My consultant told us about it in group last week. I tried some neat before cooking with it, it tastes quite watery and nutty so I don't think I could have it on cereal or in tea but it was lovely and creamy in the rice pud. X

I'm gonna look it up see if its good for cholesterol as mine has got worse since starting sw

If u go on YouTube there's a few ways on his to make fanta chicken it's soo nice x

Hmm, wasn't too sure about the fanta chicken I made last night. It has potential but I think the spices and flavourings weren't quite right. I'll try and tweak it and see. I'm tempted to try a direct swap, fanta for coke, in my diet coke chicken recipe and see what happens. I did however make Texas cheesy chips to have whilst watching a film with my husband last night and they were seriously good. Does anyone fancy the recipe?
Liz
X

Morning! I would love the cheesey chips recipe please! the rice pud sounds delish! There's only me in my house who likes it so ill have to treat myself! So glad everyone else seems to be eating loads!

Ive got two poorly boys off school this wk, chicken pox!! So I'm taking the opportunity to stick a DVD on fur them, make a menu and shopping list and shop online! Will post the plan! Xx

Texas Cheesy Fries

Free on EE, serves 2

2 medium potatoes, cut into chips
Frylight
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cumin
salt and black pepper
2 slices bacon, cooked & finely chopped
80 g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
2 tbsp diced spring onions
1 tbsp sliced Jalapeños

Toss potatoes in the spices until coated.
Put in a single layer on a baking tray and spray with frylight.
Cook for 35 minutes at 200°C.
Put into a bowl and sprinkle over jalapeños, bacon, spring onion and cheese and put under the grill until the cheese is bubbling and golden.

Absolutely delicious!

Liz
X

Texas Cheesy Fries

Free on EE, serves 2

2 medium potatoes, cut into chips
Frylight
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cumin
salt and black pepper
2 slices bacon, cooked & finely chopped
80 g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
2 tbsp diced spring onions
1 tbsp sliced Jalapeños

Toss potatoes in the spices until coated.
Put in a single layer on a baking tray and spray with frylight.
Cook for 35 minutes at 200°C.
Put into a bowl and sprinkle over jalapeños, bacon, spring onion and cheese and put under the grill until the cheese is bubbling and golden.

Absolutely delicious!

Liz
X

Ok so I'm not a fan of chips, but these mmmmmm I'm going to try

I bet sweet potato chips would be yummy too, if they float your boat a bit more!?

Liz
X

Ooh I'm defo trying those chips! I had a banana at 6.30 this morn and was about to faint so I've had beans on toast with a blob of cottage cheese sounds gross but its nice! , gonna have a couple of pieces of fruit for my 1/3 super free. Today I'm making butternut squash and sweet potato soup so will post the recipe if its nice. Got chicken marinating in tikka spices and fat free yoghurt in the fridge for tea, with baby corn and sugar snap peas so all sorted for today!

On a downer tho, I go on hols in 3 weeks and have got no clothes to fit my fat bum :( I don't want to be buying loads of new stuff cos I'm hoping it won't fit me for long. Do u think I should just buy some cheap bits or do what hubby says and buy nice things so I feel nice and then stick then on ebay? I just HATE clothes shopping, I'm hoping that will change but at the mo it fills me with dread !

Xxx

I know what you mean but you might need something to wear on holiday or you might be asked to leave!!!! I'm still wearing lots of my 19 stone clothes which I know is silly but I really really hate clothes shopping and I always feel like nothing will fit and I'll lose motivation. I did get a lovely new dress for my best friends wedding a few weeks ago and felt good though :)
Liz
X

Ooh I'm defo trying those chips! I had a banana at 6.30 this morn and was about to faint so I've had beans on toast with a blob of cottage cheese sounds gross but its nice! , gonna have a couple of pieces of fruit for my 1/3 super free. Today I'm making butternut squash and sweet potato soup so will post the recipe if its nice. Got chicken marinating in tikka spices and fat free yoghurt in the fridge for tea, with baby corn and sugar snap peas so all sorted for today!

On a downer tho, I go on hols in 3 weeks and have got no clothes to fit my fat bum :( I don't want to be buying loads of new stuff cos I'm hoping it won't fit me for long. Do u think I should just buy some cheap bits or do what hubby says and buy nice things so I feel nice and then stick then on ebay? I just HATE clothes shopping, I'm hoping that will change but at the mo it fills me with dread !

Xxx

Don't know what that's about! Repost, weird!

I think you're right Liz, I'm gonna have to brave the high street of doom!! I reckon a couple if maxi dresses wud do, have to get my bum in gear ! I would order a load online but I did that last month and none of it fit, too big, too small, too long.., all went back, waste of time!

Xx

ps, we've booked our own Villa so only need clothes for the beach ;)

Oh nice Stevie..where you going? If you have your own villa you will be doing lots of exercise too ;-) I would do what your hubby says...no point in spending all that money on a holiday and not feeling good....but think positive it's 3 weeks off...you will have lost more weight by then!

Haha! Good thinking itsalongroad! Will b burning those pounds off... walking along the beach, dirty minds!! ;) I'm going to town Saturday, decision made! Will take my most harsh friend with me, she's hysterical, "Stevie, that looks **** take it off..." "Stevie, that looks hot, buy it now, no don't look at the price" :0 she's shocking but v productive! We're off to Lanzarote ( matagorda) can't wait! 12 days of sunshiiiine!

Xxx

Back