Buffet help

lucylupin

Its my dads 60th tomorrow and mum is doing a buffet in the evening.I dont know what things are going to be there,there is going to be several people there so mum is going to do easy things for her to cook.
Any tips on how to cope with it and what should i eat before hand? :confused:
I want to enjoy the evening but dont want to blow it as that will set me of eating crap the rest of the week :sigh:

Hmmm, buffets usually have slices of meats and prawns (in sauce) for your original days and pasta salads and rice for your red days obviously you would have to add a few syns for sauces etc? Im new so im a poo help lol

I would have a big green sw meal at home before you go, that way you won't be so tempted to overeat naughty things. Then if it was me I'd have a few tasty nibbles there just to enjoy myself! Stay away from cheesey things and anything in pastry if you can.

I would avoid the pasta salads to be honest as the sauces with them are usually riddled with syns!

Why not make a couple of things to take with you? some chicken drumsticks glazed with honey, couscous?, salad?, make your own pasta dish? that way you can eat these things yourself and you are helping your mum out too!, I would stick to an EE day then at least you can have both red and green things!

im having this problem on sat night for my brothers 18th, we are doing plates of rolls and then the guests are filling them with cheese ham and salmon...with salad bits (tomato cucumber etc) then the usual crisps sausage rolls etc, so im taking some scan bran and some home made houmous so i can tuck into them with the meat and use the cheese as my healthy B (im on EE)! then im saving syns by not having alcohol so i can have a naughty slice of cake!!!

Back