Bummed Out :(

Batesey23

I got stuck away from home and any sort of rational eatery today and had to go to the cafe of the leisure centre that I was in. In the absence of any fruit, or anything not fried on the menu, I opted for an Eat Natural bar. 10.5 SYNS!!! when I worked it out later. Really irritated about this and wanted to vent! I could have had the bag of crisps that I was trying to avoid for less than this!

I'm going to have to go without my glass of wine tonight because of this.

That'll teach me to have emergency fruit snacks in my bag!

Rant over.

Sorry.

I did the same thing with a health food flap jack. That was 10.5 Syns too but I consoled myself with the fact at least there's something healthy in it!

Hi ladies! At least they have more nutrients in :). Stupid question, but what are 'syns'? I'm a newbie here, at the end of my first week x

Hi Eloise, hope you've had a good week! How are you following the plan? Do you go to class or are you an online member? All the info about Syns is either in the book or online. Basically you have between five and fifteen Syns a day (like points I suppose) to use on treats. For instance a Cadbury's Freddo is 5 Syns.

Hi ladies! At least they have more nutrients in :). Stupid question, but what are 'syns'? I'm a newbie here, at the end of my first week x

Q: What are Syns?

A: Syns are Slimming World's effective alternative to calorie or fat counting, designed to make sure you can enjoy your favourite treats every day, from chocolate and cake to ice cream and alcohol. All food that isn't Free has a Syn value - you simply choose how to spend your Syn allowance each day.

Are you a member? If so this should all have been explained to you when you joined. If you're not a member and have done a week without knowing about syns or having any then tbh you would be better joining so you find out how to do the plan properly. :)

I'm glad it's not just me. I have been extra cautious since Saturday. Cut me in half and I would read 'Slimming World' through and through!!

Hope you're all having a great week x

Back